• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
The meeting was on Sunday.
The merger with Marrickville RSL fell through several weeks ago.
There are a few more options awaiting outcomes, however, they don't sound very promising.

Am I right is saying that only Souths, Norths and Easts now have their own licenced clubs ie not counting mergers with RSLs etc such as Eastwood, Parra and West Harbour?
I know Uni have a bar but is that exclusive to the Rugby club?
Just to clarify, Parra isn't merged with or an entity of Merrylands RSL, they are just extremely supportive sponsors. The old Two Blues licensed club was absorbed by Parramatta Leagues and later the Football Club was cut loose and is an independant entity.

C

Clubrugbytv

Love those rumours from Knuckles. Perhaps he is actually the unemployed pie man mentioned above.

For the record folks, we will continue to develop the players within the club. There may be 1 or 2 new additions but nothing outrageous like former internationals.
Our focus this year is primarily on having an effective colts program to grow the numbers and develop the kids within it and to strengthen the quality of our lower grades. Of course, the continued improvement of 1st grade is also a focus but to quote our passionate and dedicated GM, 'we have stopped the bleeding from the head, now is the time to strengthen to the body'.

C

Clubrugbytv

Great effort with your U17's winning State Title (I think) Assume some of those kids will be in Colts in 2013 ?

C

Clubrugbytv

I am in the process of working out what games I can do in 2013. My aim is to stream the 5 games in Sydney that the ABC don't do & 2 from Brisbane. What (if anything) would people be prepared to pay to see those games? Appreciate any feedback & comments about 2012 (I already know some of the commentary wasn't up to scratch!) Thanks to those of you who were so helpful during 2012, John

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
The meeting was on Sunday.
The merger with Marrickville RSL fell through several weeks ago.
There are a few more options awaiting outcomes, however, they don't sound very promising.

Am I right is saying that only Souths, Norths and Easts now have their own licenced clubs ie not counting mergers with RSLs etc such as Eastwood, Parra and West Harbour?
I know Uni have a bar but is that exclusive to the Rugby club?
Dont go to the Camperdown after a home game, watch a Super 15 game there upstairs, downstairs is cramped since they did the place up, animals, piss trough was full of vomit with in 25min and half of them were just doing shots and not even watching the game

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Dont go to the Camperdown after a home game, watch a Super 15 game there upstairs, downstairs is cramped since they did the place up, animals, piss trough was full of vomit with in 25min and half of them were just doing shots and not even watching the game
That vomits been there since 1980: part of building an education revulsion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Tahboy

Randwick won Bowral 7s on the weekend
Heard they had a couple of Penrith players and Kotezcky back from Easts
I hear they are trying to get Will Miller from Norths

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Heard they had a couple of Penrith players and Kotezcky back from Easts
I hear they are trying to get Will Miller from Norths

Shame about the apparent poaching of the Penrith players and hope the Emus get the numbers and support needed to continue next season as they are vital for rugby in this country moving forward (though those on the North Shore and in the eastern Suburbs will most likely disagree).

Hope Will Miller stays at Norths as I believe Fava has the ability to develop him nicely, just as long as he doesn't teach young Will his alleged off-field drinkiong antics in the process!

Good to see that Parramatta have stemmed the bleeding from their first grade and are now looking to strengthen the lower grades and colts.

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
Randwick are on a big recruitment drive with Fijian speedsters Henry Sevula (West Harbour), Daniel Yakapo (Parramatta) in their sights and also trying to snatch back Pakalani (Souths)

How many coaches have west harbour had in the last few years now?

Henry Seavula and Tito Mua been heavily courted by an Auckland Club

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
just been out a long luncheon with some influential rugby folk.

the word around the table was:

1. Easts (sydney) are in deep financial shit with auditors advising them to go into voluntary administration.
  2. Randwick are going VERY hard at a group of Penrith players in a package deal.
  3. Peter Samu from Randwick verbally agreed to Parramatta.
  4. Gordon in disarray with a power struggle at board level splitting the club in 2.
  5. A number of Norths reserve grade players heading to Concord.
  6. The rumour mentioning Parramatta have signed an Argentinian tighthead seems to be gathering momentum.
Look out boys, it appears the Two Blues are serious!

Done that

Ron Walden (29)

1. Easts (sydney) are in deep financial shit with auditors advising them to go into voluntary administration.
  2. Randwick are going VERY hard at a group of Penrith players in a package deal.
  4. Gordon in disarray with a power struggle at board level splitting the club in 2.
  6. The rumour mentioning Parramatta have signed an Argentinian tighthead seems to be gathering momentum.
Are these the same "influential rugby folk" that provided you with the information in your recent "latest rumors" post ? :)

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

Are you referring to Easts licenced club?

T

Tahboy

Good rumours with some truth
Easts wouldn't surprise me
Gordon do have a power struggle going on
Randwick do have some Penrith players joining them
Samu is not locked in Randwick but if he does leave I would be very surprised if it is Parramatta.
Nearly impossible for an Argentinian to get a visa to live and work in Aust and a sports visa had very high $$$ components that clubs have to pay a player as they cannot work so unless a S15 franchise is paying I cannot see how it can be done.

O

Ole Two Blue

Knuckles, I've told you before, we don't have the need nor inclination to recruit from Argentina. Again, I can confirm this will not happen!

Your other rumours are interesting though. We all know Easts have post two significant financial losses in the last 2 years so it's hardly a surprise. I believe their aim to sell $300K in debentures to cover last year's debt covered off about $20K of it, so they're well behind.

As for Samu, we'd love to have him. Interesting that Tahboy just discounts us..................hope it doesn't bite him on the bum!
Good rumours with some truth

Samu is not locked in Randwick but if he does leave I would be very surprised if it is Parramatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.