• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
All they need if to create a framework and hire someone to update it.

I'm sure G&G, other rugby fan sites, and the clubs' sites would be more than happy to have their content posted on the parent organisation's site providing proper citation and a link to their sites, it's standard practise.

Agree, and most (if not all) of the club sites link to the NSWRU site now for the draw and ladder, etc.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There doesn't appear to be a Sydney Rugby Union Web site.

Even little two person volunteer operations like Junior Village Rugby Clubs have web sites where one can find out basic information about the club. Some of the more progressive include minutes of meetings and annual reports, contact details, committee members names and the like.

In this day and age, an organisation without a web presence and basic governance information is looked upon as being a rather secretive organisation, possibly with something to hide.

Interesting to see that the Australian Junior Rugby Union AND Sydney Rugby Union fall into the "no information available on the web" category.

This information vacuum only serves to feed the Tin Hat wearers consipracies.

You can find out more about ASIO, and ASIS than you can about AJRU and SRU. What does that say?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Manly which it should be noted is a club well and truly in the black had a special pre 1March deal of $90 for a single $120 the double rising to $100 and $150 respectively after cut off date and still hit its budget for that revenue stream. Now charging the standard $15 and given 3 strong gates so far - up on corresponding games last year - well on way to hitting budget for gate takings for season . Not much incentive for the Marlins to be too altruistic but I do like HJ's idea (he should be piped into the SRU). I suspect the same applies to Norths, Woodies and Southerns. Uni now doubt wouldn't care .

$50 fixed by some is for the season is/was , although i understand why clubs do it - bums on seats equals pies beer and raffle tickets sold etc - giving it away particularly given the more ready release of super 15 players and quality of play on display generally this year. A Shute Shield pass for all games 2014 which importantly does not adversely impact clubs' budgets ( perhaps clubs could in part be recognised for passes sold direct rather than through SRU) would be a good initiative in raising the profile of and keeping the SS viable . I fear anything this year will be too little too late to avoid the great Emu cull of 2013 unless as I have previously ventured they are to be regarded as a protected species for the good of the game. Is the Beastie also a protected specie?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
There doesn't appear to be a Sydney Rugby Union Web site.

Even little two person volunteer operations like Junior Village Rugby Clubs have web sites where one can find out basic information about the club. Some of the more progressive include minutes of meetings and annual reports, contact details, committee members names and the like.

In this day and age, an organisation without a web presence and basic governance information is looked upon as being a rather secretive organisation, possibly with something to hide.

Interesting to see that the Australian Junior Rugby Union AND Sydney Rugby Union fall into the "no information available on the web" category.

This information vacuum only serves to feed the Tin Hat wearers consipracies.

You can find out more about ASIO, and ASIS than you can about AJRU and SRU. What does that say?

Doesn't the Waratahs' Shute Shield link constitute it?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Would there every be the option of playing a 1sts game every month on a Friday evening and/or another 1sts game on a Sunday?
Then ticket price could be substantially more given that the owner could attend a lot of games should they want to and obviously worked round Tahs fixtures.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Doesn't the Waratahs' Shute Shield link constitute it?

Unless I am pushing the wrong buttons and following the wrong links, the links on NSW rugby are to the output of the SRU such as the Draws, ladders, results and not to the SRU and basic information on the organisation itself.
http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/Competitions/SydneyGradeRugby.aspx

I think you could effectively say that Rugby News (http://www.rugbynews.net.au/) is the Sydney Rugby Union competition website.

Absolutely agree that there is effective communication about the competition in terms of draw, results and ladders.

Where is the information on how the player points system is administered, competition eligibility, SRU constitution, Committee members, Annual reports, strategic plan, vision etc?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Back to tips - Wests ; Rats down on too many players, Manly ; if last year an indication not without a fight, Norths ; lower grades and colts interesting because of closeness in club championship; Souths ; just - well at least they'll get one grade to keep club championship honest , Easts ; in an upset - gee its nice to say that in the context of Parra again; Woodies ;by a lot

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Back to tips - Wests ; Rats down on too many players, Manly ; if last year an indication not without a fight, Norths ; lower grades and colts interesting because of closeness in club championship; Souths ; just - well at least they'll get one grade to keep club championship honest , Easts ; in an upset - gee its nice to say that in the context of Parra again; Woodies ;by a lot
Thanks for bringing us back on topic galah. If the rest of you want to opine on SRU, start another thread. PS disagree, I think Parra will get the chocolates.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Thanks for bringing us back on topic galah. If the rest of you want to opine on SRU, start another thread. PS disagree, I think Parra will get the chocolates.
Ryan on form you're right to be optimistic re Parra and having seen both teams v Marlins this year my tip of Easts seems unlikely but they are well and truly due if not (I suspect) desperate. I reckon the Beasts will lift

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Ryan on form you're right to be optimistic re Parra and having seen both teams v Marlins this year my tip of Easts seems unlikely but they are well and truly due if not (I suspect) desperate. I reckon the Beasts will lift
Fair call, Parra have lost tight head Chris Seutini to France for the season and 5/6 Evan Olmstead with a leg injury for the season. Add that to Cox, Woods and Leota and Parra are stretched this week,

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Fair call, Parra have lost tight head Chris Seutini to France for the season and 5/6 Evan Olmstead with a leg injury for the season. Add that to Cox, Woods and Leota and Parra are stretched this week,

Hey Ryan, what is the story with Leota?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Yes the old depth thing ; you'll need to match them up front - a lot of followers on this thread mightn't be too concerned with it yet but the Club Championship ie; a good reflection of a club's depth is for the first time in a while looking like a real contest between a few , or at least we should hope it is

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yes the old depth thing ; you'll need to match them up front - a lot of followers on this thread mightn't be too concerned with it yet but the Club Championship ie; a good reflection of a club's depth is for the first time in a while looking like a real contest between a few , or at least we should hope it is
Handy replacements though which is why I think we can win. Luke Troy at tighthead, Charlie Leano returns from injury at 5, Kaifa at 6. Rawaqa back in the backline along with the Yakopos, Tavola and Fakafanua. Depth is OK.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Handy replacements though which is why I think we can win. Luke Troy at tighthead, Charlie Leano returns from injury at 5, Kaifa at 6. Rawaqa back in the backline along with the Yakopos, Tavola and Fakafanua. Depth is OK.
It's true our depth is better than it's been for many years but Olmstead in particular is a major, major loss - the kid is a machine. Seuteni will be difficult to replace but Luke Troy should be solid. I suspect Iese Leota might be out for another week and while we have plenty of options in the backs, Iese has the ability to crack defences and hurt in defence that makes him invaluable. I think Coach Christini and his assistant Fasavalu will be pleased to have the right type of selection problems, particularly in the outside backs.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Easts will be tough, no question. They have a big mobile physical pack and some electric backs. But one thing's for sure, we'll certainly have a crack at them.

B

BellyTwoBlues

The NSWRU has to step up and help Penrith get it's house in order. Clubs have to offer something to attract players, and I don't mean payments; they need good facilites, respected coaches, and most of all an enjoyable culture.

It's ridiculous that so many bloke are playing subbies yet the Shute Shield teams can't put out 4 grade teams.

Why does NSWRU have to do it? They have enough trouble getting their own house in order. And it all stems from splitting the company a few years ago so some very influential egos retained control

B

BellyTwoBlues

Great idea, who sells a season ticket for $50 - I might get one for them next year anyway! Would make the decision of where to go on a Saturday easier!
A Gordon ticket this year would cost me $110 - $38 less than my Tahs membership (which includes a ticket for the Lions game)

We do. And through a great new sponsor, anyone who signed up for the membership also went into the draw to win a 60inch LG Smart TV.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.