• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Colts should be counted in Club Championship. Marlins like Wicks have invested in whole of club culture - it works and will be part of the criteria to avoid the great cull of 2013. Appreciate the contrary argument may suit the Woods this year.......

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I believe Colts sure definately contribute to the overall club championship standings, There have been some major developments and improvements at the wicks this year and one of the big ones has been to adopt a whole 'one' club mentality. There have been at least 6 colts who have been called up into 1st or second grade for a game.

Well said Pete!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Eastwood are looking very strong through the grades so far. If you take Colts out of the club championship they'd have a healthy lead over Manly, Randwick and then Uni in 4th.

Since Colts have their own club championship do you think the Gregor George Cup should be grade results only?
No. One Club. One Championship

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I believe Colts sure definately contribute to the overall club championship standings, There have been some major developments and improvements at the wicks this year and one of the big ones has been to adopt a whole 'one' club mentality. There have been at least 6 colts who have been called up into 1st or second grade for a game.

Adopt a whole 'one club' mentality ? What's has been the difference in the past couple years.

A lot of rumours but my mail is that he has agreed with Eastwood.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Briefly looked at some of the club player profiles.

Some clubs have done a great job with their submission. Some are rather poor efforts.

As a staunch supporter of the Juniors programmes, I read with interest and some bemusement that clubs seem to have taken almost full credit for player development because a player may have spent one or more years in a Colts programme that differs from their Junior Village Club district.

I am sure that many of those listed as being products of Club X Colts system have come up from the Junior ranks within that district, and in this instance it is right that the Clubs claim credit for development of the player.

There are quite a few cases where player Y is listed as being a product of that clubs Colts programme, when all previous player development was through the Schools system and/or Junior village clubs from other districts.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)

Some clubs have done a great job with their submission. Some are rather poor efforts.

As a staunch supporter of the Juniors programmes, I read with interest and some bemusement that clubs seem to have taken almost full credit for player development because a player may have spent one or more years in a Colts programme that differs from their Junior Village Club district.

I am sure that many of those listed as being products of Club X Colts system have come up from the Junior ranks within that district, and in this instance it is right that the Clubs claim credit for development of the player.

There are quite a few cases where player Y is listed as being a product of that clubs Colts programme, when all previous player development was through the Schools system and/or Junior village clubs from other districts.

Hugh I'm not sure I can see where clubs are taking full credit for the development of players; I think you are pushing an assumption a bit there. If a player is a product of a club's colts system then clubs have stated that, I don't think that infers they are taking the full credit for the development of that player. Some clubs have stated that a player was a part of their juniors program and so can rightly claim credit for the development of that player. I'd say the absence of such a statement means the club is not claiming full credit.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

Hugh, you're right about the inconsistency of effort.
I also note that they are not all up-to-date eg Callum Fryer is still listed under Uni but he's moved to Randwick.
Some of the photos don't line up with the Randwick players as well.

Still, it's better than nothing and at least someone at NSWRU has made a bit of an effort.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
If ever there was a more apt sponsor - I've never seen one.

photo-300x225.jpg
-

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
A big day at Chatswood Oval tomorrow. This game has been hailed as the Universities Cup with both 1st grade teams battling it out for the Vice Chancellors Cup.
UTS Sports office is putting on a big marquee event for 100 UTS Students and the event was booked out earlier this week.

Rumours have it that Bill Pulver will be there as a guest of the Gordon Rugby Board.

All lower grade games are being played 30 minutes earlier than usual to make way for a Grudge match between Sydney Uni Touch and UTS Touch Footy clubs.
1st grade - 3pm
2nd grade - 12:55
3rd grade - 11:30
4th grade - 10:15

Should be a great day, then off to the Willoughby Hotel to continue the Day's festivities.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
A big day at Chatswood Oval tomorrow. This game has been hailed as the Universities Cup with both 1st grade teams battling it out for the Vice Chancellors Cup.
UTS Sports office is putting on a big marquee event for 100 UTS Students and the event was booked out earlier this week.

Rumours have it that Bill Pulver will be there as a guest of the Gordon Rugby Board.

All lower grade games are being played 30 minutes earlier than usual to make way for a Grudge match between Sydney Uni Touch and UTS Touch Footy clubs.
1st grade - 3pm
2nd grade - 12:55
3rd grade - 11:30
4th grade - 10:15

Should be a great day, then off to the Willoughby Hotel to continue the Day's festivities.

Good to see clubs putting on this sort of promotion.
Hope the weather gods smile on you, Gibbo, although it sounds like the 4's might get a bit damp!

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
hahaha Thanks boyo with the 4s game finishing at about 11 - I should be well under way by the time 1st grade kicks off

Status
Not open for further replies.