• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
Great win against Souths for the woods from all accounts. Not bad against a side with 5 or 6 Super players while the woods have 1. If anyone was there I would love a report.

On paper they are even sides, whilst Ben Volavola, Lopeti Timani and Jed Holloway have played Super rugby, they're only fringe players.

Last time I counted Eastwood have 4 Super rugby players as well.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
On paper they are even sides, whilst Ben Volavola, Lopeti Timani and Jed Holloway have played Super rugby, they're only fringe players.

What about Sitaleki? He was listed to start. Volavola has often played for the Tahs this season, Lopeti and Holloway are both way ahead in the popularity stakes.

Are we talking four current Soup players for Eastwood? That is stretching it a bit.

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)

Do we count the three wallabies souths fielded; S.Timani, R.Horne and N.Cummins?

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)

Not sure I agree, on paper Southern have 6 currently contracted Super players including 3 wallabies as mentioned below. The woods have 2- Robinson and I think maccaffery (I think at force?). Woods definetly have weakest of top 4 teams but I'm looking forward to seeing how things pan out.
Looking forward to seeing if manly can match it with the students today

Rmg1

Frank Row (1)
Great win against Souths for the woods from all accounts. Not bad against a side with 5 or 6 Super players while the woods have 1. If anyone was there I would love a report.
Souths all over eastwood in first 25-30 mins until jared barry absolutely sacked one of the Timani brothers (bloke didn't get up). Game changed pretty much straight after that, eastwood put on 2 tries after half time and put souths to bed

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Souths all over eastwood in first 25-30 mins until jared barry absolutely sacked one of the Timani brothers (bloke didn't get up). Game changed pretty much straight after that, eastwood put on 2 tries after half time and put souths to bed

I have been watching Barry all year, whenever I had the chance, that is, and the guy is an absolute beast, in the best possible way. Not good enough, though, apparently. :)

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)

Thanks. That would of been 2 big human beings coming together

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
What about Sitaleki? He was listed to start. Volavola has often played for the Tahs this season, Lopeti and Holloway are both way ahead in the popularity stakes.

Are we talking four current Soup players for Eastwood? That is stretching it a bit.

Yes. You said 6 Super rugby players for Souths.

Timani 2x, Holloway, Volavola, Cummins, Horne

Eastwood have 4.

Robinson, Hilgendorf, Stannard, McCaffrey.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes. You said 6 Super rugby players for Souths.

Timani 2x, Holloway, Volavola, Cummins, Horne

Eastwood have 4.

Robinson, Hilgendorf, Stannard, McCaffrey.

I don't want to be petty but stannard and hilgendorf were not contracted for 2013. Hilgendorf off memory was dragged into both tahs and Melbourne when injury hit but not sure he made it on field for either.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
MMM are doing OK against the Students.

Tom Carter is a crowd favourite.

Easts have beaten Norths to stay in the hunt for another week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Foley drop kick after the siren sinks the MMM.

The Corporation 25 MMM 23

Tom Carter playing up for the crowd.

Games Next Week at Coogee Oval:
Saturday: Hobbits vs Wicks

Sunday: Beasts vs MMM

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
What have Uni and the All Blacks have in common? No matter how many times they take the piss none of them get yellow carded. 1st half Uni give away several penalties in the Manly 22. Nothing. Manly down there + 1 penalty Reid off for 10 minutes. Are these guys accountable to anyone. Manly deserved to win that game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Uni vs Manly Grand Final. However Manly played their GF today.

Zander will take that and respond with, well then you got a loose one to win one (in a couple of weeks).

Nah just went to school today, we will bring more next time.

I will watch the game on the box - but if Jordy spent 10 in the bin why didn't any of the Uni players for the repeated infringements in the second half.

Home ahead for the full 80 minutes, and then a loss.

PS - I think a super 15 team can be beaten.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
lily absolutely correct. Manly very hard done by with the yellow.
they certainly have the goods to beat Uni if they stay in their faces and the ref stays out of theirs.
Uni need to get their rhythm and whoever can disrupt that has a chance.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What have Uni and the All Blacks have in common? No matter how many times they take the piss none of them get yellow carded. 1st half Uni give away several penalties in the Manly 22. Nothing. Manly down there + 1 penalty Reid off for 10 minutes. Are these guys accountable to anyone. Manly deserved to win that game.
Unlucky for Manly to lose that one. On the yellow, he had penalised them 2-3 times for not releasing the tackler, and just warned the Manly captain for that particular offence shortly prior to the YC, i.e. same offence, which is why I think he went yellow.
Uni committed several penalties in the first half, for differing offences, and copped the warning the second half for repeated not-releasing. I think that's why he went the way he did, but can't be sure. Uni seemed to get a bit of luck with that, I agree.
I got the feeling Manly ran out of puff a little in the last 10 mins of each half. Their defence was brutal - extremely aggressive on the ball, always competing. Huge effort. Manly 7 and 13 were beasts in particular.
Bloody good game to watch. Quality stuff.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Zander will take that and respond with, well then you got a loose one to win one (in a couple of weeks).

Nah just went to school today, we will bring more next time.

I will watch the game on the box - but if Jordy spent 10 in the bin why didn't any of the Uni players for the repeated infringements in the second half.

Home ahead for the full 80 minutes, and then a loss.

PS - I think a super 15 team can be beaten.
Listen to the ref on TV and you'll hear his reasoning for going yellow prior to the card being given. Not saying I agree per se, but he is pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.