• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I reckon the obsession with reducing the error count since the Beasts is a major factor in their defeat today.
By picking guys that don't create anything,it only reduces your scoring capacity.
They still make errors that result in tries to the opposition.
IMO Blake would pick Sutton or Hola over Ayoub,as they are "safer"
But Ayoub contributes much more to the side than the conservative options can.
We will never know but I think they would have been much stronger with Marshall Milroy at 10.
Just his goal kicking alone would have been the difference today.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Well done to Sydney University 2nd grade in knocking out undefeated minor premiers Eastwood today in a nail biting contest 32-28. Great victory after disappointing loss against Gordon the previous week.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Seems like everyone wrote off the Woodies post Souths match. Souths were just on fire that day and Eastwood always going to respond. Manly probably suffered from a lack of competition from Randwick.

It wasn't that for me, more a case of the MMM's being so good across the season that they were massive favourites.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Any updates from today's game would be highly appreciated by those of us who live in outer darkness. Thanks in advance, and go the Rebels.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I reckon the obsession with reducing the error count since the Beasts is a major factor in their defeat today.
By picking guys that don't create anything,it only reduces your scoring capacity.
They still make errors that result in tries to the opposition.
IMO Blake would pick Sutton or Hola over Ayoub,as they are "safer"
But Ayoub contributes much more to the side than the conservative options can.
We will never know but I think they would have been much stronger with Marshall Milroy at 10.
Just his goal kicking alone would have been the difference today.

We played poorly and were forced into making errors. Eastwood the better team on the day, Manly still able to get close but too many turnovers to put Eastwood under any real pressure.

As an aside, the last try of the match seemed to come after a blatant infringement by an Eastwood player who was on the ground and grabbed the ball as it emerged from a ruck and popped it to a team mate and prevented a Manly player from picking it up - right in front of the ref. As far as I know he is out of the game until he regains he feet and should have been penalised. I'm not blaming this for the loss, but you expect better in a semi final.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
We played poorly and were forced into making errors. Eastwood the better team on the day, Manly still able to get close but too many turnovers to put Eastwood under any real pressure.

As an aside, the last try of the match seemed to come after a blatant infringement by an Eastwood player who was on the ground and grabbed the ball as it emerged from a ruck and popped it to a team mate and prevented a Manly player from picking it up - right in front of the ref. As far as I know he is out of the game until he regains he feet and should have been penalised. I'm not blaming this for the loss, but you expect better in a semi final.
And the knock on preceeding the try as well, not an excuse I think the 25 - 22 was a fair reflection of the game.

Well done Souths and Woodies.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
How good was that. I'm instantly over the Marlins standard semi final choke.
Well almost . Still to view game but is there a view that the absence of the Sydney Uni water polo agm crowd may have neutralised the home ground advantage ....... :) ?

Marlins will be cheering for Rats in 3's next week . Will it be reciprocated in 2's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.