• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
A good team always beats a team of individuals..

Any sledging of the type allegedly directed at Harvey is unacceptable. The way to deal with it is to ban the offender/s if they can be identified. Unfortunately the Rats have had to deal with a few unfortunate incidents in recent years - spectators jumping into a fight (v Gordon?) a couple of years ago . As I recall the Rats management dealt with that quickly and decisively too and it is the only way

That bloke copped a fair whack from Jarred Barry didn't he? Probably not my first choice if I was going to pick a fight with someone from that Gordon team.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Here's one for the Marketing interns;
I was at a pub in the Hunter Valley on the weekend, saw the "Magners" brand on a tap a couple of times, then saw the Magners Pear cider for sale in a bottle shop ( on special) bought a couple of bottles, now I'm hooked. I love the stuff. So if someone else buys a bottle their sponsorship has paid off!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Here's one for the Marketing interns;
I was at a pub in the Hunter Valley on the weekend, saw the "Magners" brand on a tap a couple of times, then saw the Magners Pear cider for sale in a bottle shop ( on special) bought a couple of bottles, now I'm hooked. I love the stuff. So if someone else buys a bottle their sponsorship has paid off!
Stands.... Stands... STANDS!!!!!!!

It is f*#king apple juice... ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Player Points as Club regulated seems to have been misinterpreted by many clubs.

This "rule":
Discounts cannot index players below 50% of their points.
means that no player can ever be rated at 0, no matter how loyal they have been with the club.
Browsing through the pp declarations on the NSW Rugby website shows several clubs who have discounted their players to 0.

Under the rule above this can not happen, or can it???

Another brilliant idea that is not working as intended.

Are the sacked unpaid interns from ARU HQ and Tah's HQ working for the clubs?​

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Click on the little thingy on the left side of the results for each game and it brings up details on players, jumper numbers, points scored, sin bins, red cards, player points, and if they are considered a fresh reserve or not.

Reactions: JFT

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)

Player Points as Club regulated seems to have been misinterpreted by many clubs.​
This "rule":​
Discounts cannot index players below 50% of their points.​
means that no player can ever be rated at 0, no matter how loyal they have been with the club.​
Browsing through the pp declarations on the NSW Rugby website shows several clubs who have discounted their players to 0.​
Under the rule above this can not happen, or can it???​
Another brilliant idea that is not working as intended.
I admit I am not the sharpest knife in the block, so I need to observe some humility when I ask why no one saw how this would turn out shite.
A few life lessons I have learned.
1. Beware intervention in the market. History demonstrates the rule of unintended consequences.
2 Beware group-think. If everyone in the group thinks an intervention is a good idea it may mean that it is not.
3. Don't make rules that are not easily understood or implemented.
4. Don't make rules that you cannot enforce.
5. If there is a way around a rule, motivated parties will find it.

A couple of observations.
1. what about that Aussie Schoolboy? Did he ever think he would be skulking around the sideline in the number 18 Jersey, ready to sub in 1sts as a result of being talented?
2. Really? Why can't a player go to any club he chooses? Even allowing for inducement and shenanigans - he might just prefer the way a team plays rugby.

I'll stop before the blowhard factor registers 30 points!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Spot on @Couldabeen. I think you will find that plenty did see that it would turn to shite, but they were "bullied" into submission by the interns and gin swillers who invented the unworkable scheme in the first place.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

Player Points as Club regulated seems to have been misinterpreted by many clubs.​
This "rule":​
Discounts cannot index players below 50% of their points.​
means that no player can ever be rated at 0, no matter how loyal they have been with the club.​
Browsing through the pp declarations on the NSW Rugby website shows several clubs who have discounted their players to 0.​
Under the rule above this can not happen, or can it???​
Another brilliant idea that is not working as intended.​

Hugh, I spotted this too.
Some clubs seem to have worked it out and have no players with "0" points, but others haven't.
How come nobody at NSWRU is checking / validating the submissions from the clubs?

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
1. what about that Aussie Schoolboy? Did he ever think he would be skulking around the sideline in the number 18 Jersey, ready to sub in 1sts as a result of being talented?

If you think the Aussie Schoolboy has it bad . . . spare a thought for the poor player who appears to have been "thrown to the Lions" in the 1st side only to be quickly??????? subbed by the Aussie Schoolkid.

This is absolute rubbish, and a system that clearly won't work. I thought the politics was bad in the country, but even they didn't come up with a system that actively works against any club that tries to rebuild its colts.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hugh, I spotted this too.
Some clubs seem to have worked it out and have no players with "0" points, but others haven't.
How come nobody at NSWRU is checking / validating the submissions from the clubs?

yes I was intrigued that some clubs had a number of players at 0 points. I wonder if this is going to be amended?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are some people who rather cruelly claim that mungos can not count above 5.

From inside the rugby glasshouse, it would appear that there are some in our game that can not read.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.