• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Let's all be careful about the "glass houses" saying.
Going through the team lists you can clearly see that some clubs actually took the field with less than the allowed 15, but with plenty of reserves.
One could cynically ask if this is because the players who were supposed to be in those positions may have upset the mathematics.
Rather than trying to put other clubs in a bad light, how about ALL the clubs get together and fight this travesty of justice. Otherwise you may have more than two byes per round in the Colts area, and perhaps only a 4 team competition in some areas.
What a great legacy to leave future rugby players.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Rats first grade declared 12 points,so they have a bit to work with!
Norths 2nd grade colts appear to have been well over.
They declared 21 points,are allowed 30.
They listed 6 starters at zero,points,2 of which were 4 point players by my reckoning.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Rats first grade declared 12 points,so they have a bit to work with!
Norths 2nd grade colts appear to have been well over.
They declared 21 points,are allowed 30.
They listed 6 starters at zero,points,2 of which were 4 point players by my reckoning.

As per my previous post, surely someone at the NSWRU must be checking the forms submitted by the clubs for validity. How come all the "0" players weren't challenged?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I doubt any of them would exceed the points in 1st grade, 2nd grade or 1st grade Colts as they were all well under the cap. A couple of the 2nd grade Colts teams might be close.

Points Cap in Grade is not really an issue until the RockStars return from SupeRugby and International Duties. With the advent of NRC and earlier finish of Shute Shield, we may not see the influx of high point RockStars parachuting in to the last round and finals as we have seen in the past.

Colts on the other hand is a different story. This year seems to have been a fairly even distribution of the NSW Rep Schoolboys of 2013. Wicks got 6, some others got 3, and most clubs got at least 1.

For those actually interested, my breakdown of where they ended up is on the "Where are the Class of 2013 going to" thread in the Schoolboys forum.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As per my previous post, surely someone at the NSWRU must be checking the forms submitted by the clubs for validity. How come all the "0" players weren't challenged?

Maybe the unpaid interns have had their hours cut to Wednesday to Friday only?

To be fair, we jumped on this bandwagon on Monday almost as soon as the team sheets had been published on the Website. I reckon that there are enough eyes and ears on here to ensure that at least one club will be raising the issue with the SRU unpaid interns, if they haven't already done so.

I'm not sure that the player points are actually recorded on the team list and score sheets that the managers maintain on match day, and sign off with the Referee and opposition managers.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Seriously - lets not called them 'unpaid interns' anymore - its degrading to a group of people who are probably under the pump at the start of the season.
Just remember most of the mods/authors on this site are unpaid.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
6 is ridiculous.
However only 2 are currently in the 20's squad.
Luckily,I don't have share the selectors view,that all of these 6 are in fact the best of the crop.
Assuming Randwick actually have juniors,they will need to field 10 of them with maximum deductions to start 5 of these rockstars in a game.
Very unlikely.....

Status
Not open for further replies.