• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think that Magners Shute Shield televised games may refer try/no try to TMO.

Does the ref have the same option for suspected foul play?

What about post match citings?
The citing procedure for foul play is well-known to club officials. They will be able to present video evidence. (Not that I saw the incident in question.)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It didn't look pretty in replay on the ABC. Even worse in Slo-mo.

A luxury that the Ref does not have at the game when they must rule in real time.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Gordon are in a world of trouble. Wooden spoon is my prediction. Penrith will monster them.
ABC cannot afford to televise that sort of rubbish. Even if it is only the rusted on who watch, they will eventually give it a pass.
I only kept watching out of "the horror, the horror" factor. In that regard not disappointed by the final play of the day!!
Very sorry for the injured Woodies player.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry this was directed to the 2 Blues
How's your lad from second grade? Looked like a very nasty injury - hope he's on the mend soon
I wrote this in the Manly 2014 thread:

I happened to be "close to the action" after Parramatta centre Dan Yakopo dislocated his knee. It was heartening to see the professionalism of the Manly physio (I'm sorry I should know his name but I don't, he is always professional and friendly) and also, in particular, the support displayed by young Malie Hingano to our Dan as Dan coped with the pain while waiting for the ambulance. Young Malie is a credit to his family and to his club. His interaction with Dan Yakopo kept everyone's spirits up (of course he was not alone in this but Dan and Malie seemed to share a special bond).

On behalf of Parramatta, I'd like to acknowledge the class of young Malie and the not-as-young physio. Much appreciated.

I'll update this thread when I have news of the extent of Dan Yakopo's injury.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Ouch.... That was tough - well done Eastwood.

3rds beat last years premiers - who put 60+ on them last year

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
It was a dog act from Number 3 Penrith who dived in at the Wests halfbacks arms as he was digging the ball out. Hyper-extended his elbow and lucky not to dislocate it or maybe even break his arm. Low low act and grubs like that should not be playing this wonderful game.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gordon or Penrith for Wooden spoon?

Do you think a relegation system would be good? worst side in Shute Shield - gets the boot and the best side from the other sydney comps gets given the chance? i.e from the sydney subbies comp?

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I think the current system is okay, As a Parramatta supporter you should be well aware that only a few short years ago people were calling for the two Blues to be relegated. Gordon apparently have a number of injuries at present and are putting in the hard yards off the field which will show through in the next few years and Penrith, are Penrith - every year they seem to have to start from scratch after being pillaged by other clubs of their best players. The willingness and the incentive is their to change this, at the moment they seem to be lacking the knowledge of how to turn their fortunes around. The Magners Shute Shield needs a team from Penrith (and one from Campbelltown but that would belong on another thread).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 2 results

1st Grade (Shute Shield)
Gordon 12, Eastwood 70
West Harbour 57, Penrith 19
Randwick 29, Norths 24
Souths 18, Warringah 36
Parramatta 22, Manly 58
Easts 3, University 22

2nd Grade (Colin Caird Shield)
Gordon 35, Eastwood 36
West Harbour 60, Penrith 13
Randwick 29, Norths 7
Souths 34, Warringah 17
Parramatta 15, Manly 21
Easts 10, University 67

3rd Grade (Henderson Shield)
Gordon 19, Eastwood 10
West Harbour 73, Penrith 0
Randwick 27, Norths 3
Souths 30, Warringah 22
Parramatta 0, Manly 29
Easts 5, University 44

4th Grade (Henderson Cup)
Gordon 0, Eastwood 48
West Harbour 57, Penrith 0
Randwick 20, Norths 17
Souths 10, Warringah 15
Parramatta 13, Manly 48
Easts 19, University 10

Club Championship (Gregor George Cup)
Sydney University 205
Eastwood 183
Manly 172
Randwick 141
Parramatta 136
Warringah 123
West Harbour 100
Eastern Suburbs 76
Gordon 49
Southern Districts 47
Northern Suburbs 26
Penrith 15
Source:http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/ShuteShield/DrawsResultsLadders.aspx

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Round 2 results

1st Grade (Shute Shield)
Gordon 12, Eastwood 70
West Harbour 57, Penrith 19
Randwick 29, Norths 24
Souths 18, Warringah 36
Parramatta 22, Manly 58
Easts 3, University 22

2nd Grade (Colin Caird Shield)
Gordon 35, Eastwood 36
West Harbour 60, Penrith 13
Randwick 29, Norths 7
Souths 34, Warringah 17
Parramatta 15, Manly 21
Easts 10, University 67

3rd Grade (Henderson Shield)
Gordon 19, Eastwood 10
West Harbour 73, Penrith 0
Randwick 27, Norths 3
Souths 30, Warringah 22
Parramatta 0, Manly 29
Easts 5, University 44

4th Grade (Henderson Cup)
Gordon 0, Eastwood 48
West Harbour 57, Penrith 0
Randwick 20, Norths 17
Souths 10, Warringah 15
Parramatta 13, Manly 48
Easts 19, University 10

Club Championship (Gregor George Cup)
Sydney University 205
Eastwood 183
Manly 172
Randwick 141
Parramatta 136
Warringah 123
West Harbour 100
Eastern Suburbs 76
Gordon 49
Southern Districts 47
Northern Suburbs 26
Penrith 15
Source:http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/ShuteShield/DrawsResultsLadders.aspx
Well Manly's 3rd grade have got a goal now. That's another team held to 0.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Good to see Gordon's threes having a win, and the twos just missing (they had a good reserve grade side the last time we went down to watch them, a couple of years ago).

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Good to see Gordon's threes having a win, and the twos just missing (they had a good reserve grade side the last time we went down to watch them, a couple of years ago).
That is good. I thought they looked better for a while after some of their seconds came on. Their problem will be seeing the season through. I think that Gordon Broome is out for the duration. Big blow.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Update on Dan Yakopo:

I'm told the knee slid back into place when he was put into the ambulance and he was sent home last night. We're waiting on results from an MRI.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can anyone tell me how Chris Tuatara-Morrison has been playing for east the Force may need his services at 13 with junior having surgery today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.