• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Is this going to be another tough year for the two blues? Last year was pretty bad and they managed to beat manly, if they're getting dusted this early is it a sign of things to come or just one bad game?

I wouldn't say I've been a fan of them but have definitely respected the club since the mid 80s. Was hoping to see a resurgence this year

I think it is more a sign of Manly's strength.

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is this going to be another tough year for the two blues? Last year was pretty bad and they managed to beat manly, if they're getting dusted this early is it a sign of things to come or just one bad game?

I wouldn't say I've been a fan of them but have definitely respected the club since the mid 80s. Was hoping to see a resurgence this year

Coincidence or an attempt to play mind games before your Rats play Parra this Saturday? hahaha :rolleyes:

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Coincidence or an attempt to play mind games before your Rats play Parra this Saturday? hahaha :rolleyes:

I'm sure will will scare a few clubs this year, even colts was a tight battle i hear. Gordon's backs have some class, smash the outside shoulder of there first five. with quick phase ball.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)

No just curious. Union needs a strong western suburbs presence. Penrith don't seem able to provide it so hopefully Parra does! Also I consider West Harbour more inner west than west which is why it's between Parra and Penrith

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Well your comment about Parra having a bad year last year is completely wrong. Have a look and I think you will see that they made semis last year and acquitted themselves quite well.

They are a club on the up and are doing things well. They have a strong Colts program and have attracted a large number of players this year (they played 5th grade last weekend). It would appear that they are doing much better than some of the more recognised clubs in rugby heartland.

If you weren't trolling then you are just being ignorant of the facts.

By the way I am not a Parra supporter (go the Marlins) but do respect and admire their efforts

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Agree, the Parra of three years ago that went down 90+ have changed. They are now in the top half and still trying to talk their chances down to catch teams unaware.

Even on their website they are playing games in there match reports, they have made good advances over the last 2 years and have been provided enough acknowledgement (yeah well done) but guys, good luck at west - that's all folks.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Clever chap is their GM @BellyTwoBlues. Rugby in the West is lucky to have him driving the revival, and waving rugby's flag.

If only he went to Shore.... ... ... ...

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well your comment about Parra having a bad year last year is completely wrong. Have a look and I think you will see that they made semis last year and acquitted themselves quite well.

They are a club on the up and are doing things well. They have a strong Colts program and have attracted a large number of players this year (they played 5th grade last weekend). It would appear that they are doing much better than some of the more recognised clubs in rugby heartland.

If you weren't trolling then you are just being ignorant of the facts.

By the way I am not a Parra supporter (go the Marlins) but do respect and admire their efforts

Not trolling, just asking. I pay attention to the results, they had a good finals run in 2012, going down to a strong Manly side in the semi. To be fair to my point 1st grade didn't make the finals last year and 2nd grade made it because of bonus points not because they won many games.

Their colts didn't win any finals games though did they? Good effort to make it in all colts grades though. I did see the club championship ladder today, parra is up high, well done. Now if only someone can steal it off Uni this year I'll be happy.

I watch their progress with interest and also hope they do well.

It was great to see them beat the g*y gordons last week. I think they're in for a tough day at the office when they come up against the rats.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Even on their website they are playing games in there match reports
Not sure about that Dave - we just have some real characters writing the reports, particularly Thommo and Knighty. I don't think the club has ever claimed that the reports are fair and unbiased (Thommo certainly wouldn't claim to be unbiased). Personally, I look forward to reading them each week.

@backrow is entitled to his opinion (as are we all) and I am sure that many Two Blues supporters will share my admiration for the strikepower in the Rats backline. We'll have to be switched on for 80 minutes or ......

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not trolling, just asking. I pay attention to the results, they had a good finals run in 2012, going down to a strong Manly side in the semi.
Horror run with injuries last year. Still, five of our eight teams played finals footy last year.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not sure about that Dave - we just have some real characters writing the reports, particularly Thommo and Knighty. I don't think the club has ever claimed that the reports are fair and unbiased (Thommo certainly wouldn't claim to be unbiased). Personally, I look forward to reading them each week.

@backrow is entitled to his opinion (as are we all) and I am sure that many Two Blues supporters will share my admiration for the strikepower in the Rats backline. We'll have to be switched on for 80 minutes or ..
I wasn't being critical, youd be aware that my posts are never critical of good work. There a good (one sided) read. All I was looking to say is Parra need to be taken seriously.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Last couple of years a colt has stepped up and made a statement in grade;
2012 Jordy Reid
2013 Dave Porecki
2014 players to watch - Alex Northam, and Rhys Dombkins

Team lists out for week 3, Team of the week week 2 -
http://www.manlyrugby.com.au/news-mainmenu-101/latest-news-mainmenu-100/957-round-three-teams

Players to watch have both stepped up a grade for this week, Northam almost made it a hatrick against Parra, and Rhys featured in team of the week for the second week straight.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Heard a rumour that Gordon may have parted ways with their fourth grade coach already. Can anyone confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.