• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
Big day down at Manly Oval on Saturday;
Sir Roden Cutler Shield, & Club Championship points.
Eastwood made a statement last week, and no doubt Manly wants to avenge the loss in last years semis.
This year the clubs only clash once in the draw, no second chances in the second round.
Manly by 15

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'd love to see the team sheets!!!

Manly – 1. Mitch Lewis 2. John Wunder 3. John Baranyi 4. Jack Wesson 5. Greg Peterson (c) 6. Harry Bergelin 7. Kotoni Ale 8. Dylan Sigg 9. Mark Swanepoel (c) 10. John Vaevae 11. Dane Chisholm 12. Scott Daruda 13. Malietoa Hingano 14. Lui Siale 15. BJ Hartmann
Eastwood – 1. Jed Gillespie 2. Todd Pearce 3. Guy Millar 4. James Neale 5. Andrew Clyne 6. Hugh Perrett (c) 7. George Kent 8. Pat Sio 9. Shanin Proctor 10. Jai Ayoub 11. Nick Batger 12. Tom Hill 13. Michael McDougall 14. John Grant 15. Ben Batger

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Manly – 1. Mitch Lewis 2. John Wunder 3. John Baranyi 4. Jack Wesson 5. Greg Peterson (c) 6. Harry Bergelin 7. Kotoni Ale 8. Dylan Sigg 9. Mark Swanepoel (c) 10. John Vaevae 11. Dane Chisholm 12. Scott Daruda 13. Malietoa Hingano 14. Lui Siale 15. BJ Hartmann
Eastwood – 1. Jed Gillespie 2. Todd Pearce 3. Guy Millar 4. James Neale 5. Andrew Clyne 6. Hugh Perrett (c) 7. George Kent 8. Pat Sio 9. Shanin Proctor 10. Jai Ayoub 11. Nick Batger 12. Tom Hill 13. Michael McDougall 14. John Grant 15. Ben Batger

I've seen that one, I like the one with all grades that generally gets provided late Friday arvo.
Yesterday's Manly daily suggests a different player somewhere so not sure yet.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I've seen that one, I like the one with all grades that generally gets provided late Friday arvo.
Yesterday's Manly daily suggests a different player somewhere so not sure yet.

Courtesy of Randwick Rugby!

Attachments

• 20140530130047844.pdf
    799.4 KB · Views: 574

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Coach thank you.
Interesting, there were 3 players that played last week that aren't showing on that sheet - and I thought they would be given we are playing the woodies.

Not sure if this is the final version.
I assume we (Randwick members) were emailed it early due to playing tonight.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 10 Tips
Easts v Souths. The Beasties are hard to beat at home and their recent form has been a bit how's your father - Beat Norths, Lose to Gordon, Beat Emus, Flog Woodies, lose to Wicks. Conversely the Hobbits have performed well against most of the above teams but stumbled against Pirates and Mighty 2 Blues. They are a quality side and I'm tipping Hobbits by 10+ points with a 4 try bonus point.

Manly v Eastwood. The head says that this is Manly's game to win, and win comfortably. The irrational bit says that they are due to have an off day sometime, and they are without Ed Gower. I'm tipping irrationality will prevail and Woodies will sneak home with a 5 point victory. This will be another high quality game.

Norths v Gordon. Norths have too much class to be 3rd last on the ladder. They should romp home, at home, by 20+.

Parramatta v Wests. The Mighty 2 Blues will win comfortably if the big fella with the long name and less dodgy hands is playing, which he should be as I didn't see his name listed for the Tahs away game. M2B by 8 points. I'm tipping Pirates to stay close courtesy of Dave Harvey, who will kick a hat full of points for the Pirates.

Warringah v Penrith. Rats at home to re-kindle their early round s form and start winning games by more than 5 points. Rats to win by 15+ with a 4 Try BP. Penrith to score first.

University v Randwick. There is no love lost between the Green Tribe from the East and the Corporation from the Inner West. Wicks have struggled all year and really only raising their performance and intensity when they take on their tribal enemy the Beasts. This is another game that the Wicks will be desperate to win, and they may rise to the occasion, but I have the Students winning at hoome in a tight defense oriented game. The Corporation by < 7 points.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
It will be interesting to see how the Wests backs cope with the big fella. With one or two exceptions it's fair to say that tackling is not their strong point.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Naiyaravaro against O'Sullivan will hopefully be a great contest.
A few good contests in this match-up actually, hopefully the weather holds and we get a great game at Merrylands.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Good. Would be interesting to see if he can cut down the big fella. I reckon full front on he'd be 90% but if he doesn't get contact right or side on then he would be in trouble. I watched the Woods Parra game on video and some of the Woods were not real keen on taking him on!

James M7

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have just notice the changes to the Manly side on the Rugby News web site.
Dave Porecki / Chris Cocca to partner Mitch Lewis in the front row, Vaka Manu is back in the pack and Brian Sefanaia returns to the back line. They look very strong still??

Status
Not open for further replies.