• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Pheonix Battye from the Force has played for Manly the last few weekends I believe. He is off to France at season end

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
SS Clubs can ask for a waiver from Sydney Rugby if a player contracted to a Super Rugby team is asked to play in the Shute Shield finals by that Franchise. This is in the by-laws for player finals eligibility.

T

turnovertwopasses

Battye had a year with the Wicks a while back didnt he? Also came through the Uni system! Poaching just further entrenching itself amongst the top clubs. Id love to see him have a game with Penrith. Wonder if the Marlins have contacted Todd Carney yet?!?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Battye had a year with the Wicks a while back didnt he? Also came through the Uni system! Poaching just further entrenching itself amongst the top clubs. Id love to see him have a game with Penrith. Wonder if the Marlins have contacted Todd Carney yet?!?

About 2.5 games for the Wicks from memory.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Played all his junior footy in Canberra and was at Tuggeranong for a season too I believe

T

turnovertwopasses

Ive gotta say Dave, if on the weekend Manly were as aggressive and as committed to the cause as you are, they wouldn't have gone down to Easts.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Given Battye is not being paid by MMM's I'm thinking deciding factor re choice of club to launch the next brilliant phase of of career may have been determined by location , location , location.

Shame for Penrith that one but that is the ARU's problem not Manly's we are far too busy on taking it up to the other "top clubs" despite the dismal effort v Beasts

Make mine a Resch's

T

turnovertwopasses

I played for a number of clubs years ago, yet support no team. I see myself as a custodian and voice for the game.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Can someone explain the confusing finals draw to me?

http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/ShuteShield/DrawsResultsLadders/ShuteShieldDrawsResults.aspx

Don't the winners generally get a week off?

Game A: 1v6 (presume Marlins v Parra)
Game B: 3v4 (presume Woodies v Uni)
Game C: 2v5 (presume Rats V Wicks)

Confusing bit!
Game D: 1v1 assume this is either winner a v winner b
Game E 1v1 assume this is either loser a v winner c

GF Winer D v Winner E

HTF can you fit 6 teams into a four game semi's round?

Either way I hope the Marlins get there, as its sure looks a lot like 1997 to me!!

Also, based on these permutations we could "possibly" be looking at a Manly v Warringah final, what a game that would be & I'd love nothing more than spanking the Rats three times in one year!!

According to the NSWRU, the 2nd round of the finals series is:
Game D = highest ranked winner v highest ranked loser (from round 1)
Game E = 2nd ranked winner v 3rd ranked winner (from round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.