• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Results Summary Round 15

First Grade - Shute Shield
Manly 48 Randwick 0
Northern Suburbs 36 Penrith 14
Sydney University 22 Eastwood 38
Warringah 18 Southern Districts 50
West Harbour 42 Parramatta 41
Gordon 46 Eastern Suburbs 22

Second Grade - Colin Caird Shield
Manly 59 Randwick 31
Northern Suburbs 76 Penrith 21
Sydney University 15 Eastwood 38
Warringah 32 Southern Districts 16
West Harbour 24 Parramatta 8
Gordon 26 Eastern Suburbs 25

Third Grade - Henderson Shield
Manly 40 Randwick 5
Northern Suburbs 76 Penrith 10
Sydney University 17 Eastwood 31
Warringah 27 Southern Districts 21
West Harbour 57 Parramatta 3
Gordon 14 Eastern Suburbs 22

Fourth Grade - Henderson Cup
Manly 22 Randwick 15
Northern Suburbs 48 Penrith 5
Sydney University 22 Eastwood 12
Warringah 22 Southern Districts 12
West Harbour 27 Parramatta 17
Gordon 0 Eastern Suburbs 55

Next Week - Round 16 12/07/14
Parramatta v Sydney University
Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs
West Harbour v Eastern Suburbs
Warringah v Manly
Randwick v Gordon
Eastwood v Penrith

Shute Shield - First Grade Comp table
Marlins 69
Woodies 60
Rats 56
Uni 53
Hobbits 41
Mighty 2 Blues 35

Pirates & Wicks 33 (Wicks on F/A)
Beasts 26
Shoremen 24
Gay Gordons 23
The Riff 15

Claims to finals series stamped today. My tips once again poor. Last spot in the 6 is wide open.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
With three rounds to go;

NSW Premiership Rugby Union

Club Championship 2014

» CLUB Pts
Manly 2614
Eastwood 2519
Sydney University 2504
Warringah 1857
Randwick 1707
Southern Districts 1662
West Harbour 1457
Northern Suburbs 1442
Eastern Suburbs 1383
Parramatta 1233
Gordon 973
Penrith 363
space.gif

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Where on earth did the last 2 weeks from Souths come from? Their side has been ravaged from the previous years and look to be in top form now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When I have missed the Shute shield game, and forgotten to record it on Foxtel IQ, I have usually had to wait until the next day before the game is up on ABC IView.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
Fantastic day at Concord today. 12 spectacular tries. Of course for many players from both sides tackling is only optional but a more exciting game it would be hard to imagine. At 42-22 I thought even Wests couldn't blow this but they very nearly did. What a difference the return of Henry Seavalu makes. He really is Super rugby standard. Thoroughbly enjoyable game.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Fantastic day at Concord today. 12 spectacular tries. Of course for many players from both sides tackling is only optional but a more exciting game it would be hard to imagine. At 42-22 I thought even Wests couldn't blow this but they very nearly did. What a difference the return of Henry Seavalu makes. He really is Super rugby standard. Thoroughbly enjoyable game.
That's your best Sunday critique I've seen Paul. At 12.37am you must have been waiting up to post.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Paul has put everyone to shame, why is it dead in hear. Thought you highlanders would be spruking after the win on the weekend?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Also went to Concord at the weekend, great game as PM has said.
The Pirates showed their best and worst at times and the win was perhaps a bit fortunate. MTB's should have scored at the end but for some reason they just had nothing left in the tank, some very tired legs cost them that win.
Some good young players in both sides and the Pirates back line knows how to score, some great individual efforts again.

Should be a cracker next week at home to the Beasties, but I fear a bad one for the MTB's against Uni.

senior

Peter Burge (5)
Paul has put everyone to shame, why is it dead in hear. Thought you highlanders would be spruking after the win on the weekend?
Dave, the boys gave us plenty to cheer about again on the weekend.. Firstly, our 2s played loosely but scored after the bell (16 phases) to bring up a bonus point win 26-25. By all accounts 1s trained bloody hard during the week - knowing that Easts had knocked off Manly the week before. Easts had a slim lead at halftime but the passes began to stick in the 2nd half just they like did against Norths. Some awesome tries and great performances from Jonno Broome, Jack Dempsey, Tom Matthews, Lucas Simkin and Matt McDougall gave us a 46-22 win. 5 wins for the year (one less that 6th-placed Parra) but a shocking lack of bonus points has us in 11th. 3 rounds to go... bring on 3 wins.....;)

T

turnovertwopasses

Fantastic weekend of footy. Manly bouncing back with a dominant performance against the Wicks. Watched the ABC game last night with a box of Tooheys. Cracking game on University #1 between two super sides.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
This may be one for you coach. I noticed Liam Windon played Subbies last Saturday. Thought he was one of the Wicks best at the start of the season can anyone shed any light on this?

T

turnovertwopasses

I raised concerns about Windon a few weeks ago. Incredibly sad if he is playing Subbies. I too thought he was superb at the start of the year for Randwick.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
He was listed as playing 15 for St Pats. I know there are some very good players in Subbies but I think it is far too early in this young man's career to drop to this standard. With the problems at West Harbour at fullback maybe it is time to get one of their own juniors back.

Status
Not open for further replies.