• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Imagine all of the Olivers pies you could eat?
As good as Olivers Pies are (and they are), and the cool Magners Cider that will be available to whet your whistle, you would not be disappointed if you took a quick stroll down to the Ferry Terminal and had a quiet 4 Pines Ale or two at their Brewery.

Just do it before 1st Colts start, otherwise there will not be any seats left when you return to the oval.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
As good as Olivers Pies are (and they are), and the cool Magners Cider that will be available to whet your whistle, you would not be disappointed if you took a quick stroll down to the Ferry Terminal and had a quiet 4 Pines Ale or two at their Brewery.

Just do it before 1st Colts start, otherwise there will not be any seats left when you return to the oval.

Huge day,

3rd grade starts at 10.15,
2nd grade starts at 11.40,
1st colts starts at 1:15,

Baggy Jersey

Bob McCowan (2)
I see the Tahs have a new Wests Tigers winger, hope they can get some Wests Tigers fans too. Obviously Felscher and Northam are short on tats, bring on Sat with a crowd bigger than they can muster

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I see Harry Jones is playing 1st grade on Saturday. Will he be playing opposite Alex Northam? Hope he is as it would be a really good to compare the two wingers

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yes that seems like the best and quickest way to get some recognition by the Tahs. However size seems important and the major "skill" they look for in all players, backs and forwards so both will have to put on 10 - 15 kgs even then

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Thoughts on the weekends games?:
Home Team v Away Team Location Win
Randwick v West Harbour Coogee Oval Wicks
Southern Districts v Eastwood T. G. Millner Eastwood
Parramatta v Penrith Merrylands RSL Parra
Eastern Suburbs v Gordon Woollahra Oval Easts
Sydney University v Northern Suburbs Uni Uni
Manly v Warringah Manly Oval Manly

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Randwick v West Harbour Coogee Oval Wicks
Southern Districts v Eastwood T. G. Millner Eastwood
Parramatta v Penrith Merrylands RSL Parra
Eastern Suburbs v Gordon Woollahra Oval Easts
Sydney University v Northern Suburbs Uni Uni
Manly v Warringah Manly Oval Manly
FWIW, my tips:
Randwick to edge out Wests, - Wicks by 7
Souths to compete but Eastwood to prove a bit too strong all over the park - Eastwood by 12
Penrith to really, really trouble Parra but Parra to prevail in a highscorer - Parra by 7
Easts to be a little too strong to the injury ravaged Highlanders who seem to lose a top grade player every week - Easts by 8
Uni to continue to produce high quality rugby from a bunch of non rockstars and prove too strong for Norths - Uni by 12
Manly v Warringah, if I wasn't going to Merrylands RSL Club Rugby Park, I'd be going to manly Oval for this. Mouth watering prospect. Manly by 11

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Randwick v West Harbour Wicks by < 5 in a close game.
Southern Districts v Eastwood 10+ points to the Woodies
Parramatta v Penrith Some real passion and a try fest. with 2 Blues by 15-20 points
Eastern Suburbs v Gordon Easts by 5-10
Sydney University v Northern Suburbs Uni by 10-15 after Norths start strong but peter out
Manly v Warringah Manly Oval Manly by 10

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It's building, 3rd Tier is alive and well.

1399092856254.jpg

1399092941210.jpg
1399096887390.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.