• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
You would have to hope for a few names to drop in before Saturday.
Hopefully Douglas and Volavola get the nod, Tilse and Dennis need a rest though;)

IMO tisle is a 2nd grade player at best anyway. If he were to lineup against my team in first grade I'd consider it benefit compared to others like Sam Talaki. He's not as quick or big but solid scrummager, good ruck work and good hands. Tilse IMO is a crap scrummager and lazy

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
33.2 A player shall not be eligible to play in a Finals Series fixture unless:
(a) The player has played with the Club a minimum of four rounds during the Minor Premiership series; or
(b) The player has been on representative duties during the current season and has played a minimum of two minor premiership matches in the current season at the same Club in which he is seeking eligibility, or has been a registered player with the club (according to MRA) without break for the previous two years.
(c) Players playing at an Australian Super Rugby Franchise that dictates the player must play in the local competition may lodge an eligibility appeal.

33.3 A player shall not be eligible to play in a Finals Series fixture in any grade lower than the grade in which he has played the majority of his last seven matches in the minor premiership.

This is a good thing..

Thanks for posting this Gibbo.
So my reading of this suggests that any Super15 player can play in the Finals Series as long as he has played at least 2 games during this year OR he has been registered with the club for the previous 2 years.

So, for example, all Uni's Tahs will be eligible and even some of their Rebels and Force players may be able to lodge an appeal.

However Potgeiger and Lance (for example) would have to have played the minimum 2 games as they are new to their clubs this year.

Stephen Hoiles would also have to play the minimum number of games if he wasn't actually registered with the Wicks in 2012/13.

Have I got this right?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Lance and Potgieter could be told to go and play club footy during the finals by the Tahs. If they haven't played any SS games, their shute shield club can lodge an appeal to have them play under 33.2(c)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
IMO tisle is a 2nd grade player at best anyway. If he were to lineup against my team in first grade I'd consider it benefit compared to others like Sam Talaki. He's not as quick or big but solid scrummager, good ruck work and good hands. Tilse IMO is a crap scrummager and lazy

Uni often use Tilse as a "fresh" replacement for first grade - that is a massive advantage imo. If they had had him on Friday the Wicks probably wouldnt have managed that late draw.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Lance and Potgieter could be told to go and play club footy during the finals by the Tahs. If they haven't played any SS games, their shute shield club can lodge an appeal to have them play under 33.2(c)

Have Lance and Potgieter officially been allocated/chosen a club side?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Lance had played a game at Easts already... Not sure about Potgieter

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Johnathan LANCE was recorded as playing as #12 for Easts in their round 8 clash against Eastwood.

It is his only appearance in the First Grade Shute Shield Team Sheets this year.

There are no entries for POTGIETER, J.

Lots of the fringe Tahs players (Holloway, Roche, etc) will have easily qualified.
Roche - 8 games
Tilse - 2 Games
Tuatara-Morrison - 2 games (Force)
VolvoVolvo - 3 games
Horwitz - 5 games
Holloway - 10 games
Grey - 6 games

Lance - 1 game
Carraro - 1 game

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone have tips for the weekend?

Gordon over Wests by <5
Penrith over Norths <5
Eastwood over Warringah >10
Manly over wicks >20
Uni over souths >15
Parra over Easts >10

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Anyone have tips for the weekend?

Gordon over Wests by <5
Penrith over Norths <5
Eastwood over Warringah >10
Manly over wicks >20
Uni over souths >15
Parra over Easts >10
Are you being humble Backrow? Manly showed how to beat the Woods, they only just beat Parra at home. I reckon the Rats will get them

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
I try not to be too one eyed in my predictions. Reckon eastwood pack might be just a bit strong. Rats should have the backs to do it but I reckon the weather might keep them largely out of it

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
These conditions remind me of the trip to Randwick last year.
Keen to watch the 2 veterans lock horns again in third grade

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I try not to be too one eyed in my predictions. Reckon eastwood pack might be just a bit strong. Rats should have the backs to do it but I reckon the weather might keep them largely out of it
I don't think so.
Man for man,you would choose most of the Woodies backs over the Rats backs.
Undoubtedly the Woodies have a much better tight 5,which is where they will win it tomorrow.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)

That's a very harsh assessment of Tilse IMO. He has a huge engine for a front rower and gets through a lot of work in the tight. In the last two seasons Tilse has been close to the MOTM in both Grand finals and will add valuable experience on his return after Super rugby.
Talakai has been great this season and continues to develop into a great prospect. Usually one of the unsung workers in that University pack with the return of Tilse and Latu looking likely in the next couple of weeks, they could have a very formidable pack adding in Dennis and McCutcheon.

Status
Not open for further replies.