• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice to have only a 40 minute drive down the M1 for Gordon's first game of the season. That long trip to Chatswood at the end of the M1 is a killer ;)

Don't take the scoreline as "read", the Emus are going to put a fright into a few teams this year. They were physical and disciplined (apart from two silly yellow cards), and really had a great game. JP has them firing with plenty of enthusiasm. The third and fourth grade scores blew out because there was a lot of "backing up" players so the puff was soon gone.

Gordon ran out a very young team and GT would have been proud how they stood up to the physicallity, but he will have some stern words at training over some of the silly unforced errors.

Looking good for an interesting season - for both teams.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty sure this doesn't include all Gordon's points.

Gordon v Emus score has been uploaded to the NSW RU website but the 75 Club Champ points haven't been added yet as the ladder hasn't been updated.

The OP has been amended to put Gordon on top in the Club Champs with 215 points.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Nice to have only a 40 minute drive down the M1 for Gordon's first game of the season. That long trip to Chatswood at the end of the M1 is a killer ;)

Don't take the scoreline as "read", the Emus are going to put a fright into a few teams this year. They were physical and disciplined (apart from two silly yellow cards), and really had a great game. JP has them firing with plenty of enthusiasm. The third and fourth grade scores blew out because there was a lot of "backing up" players so the puff was soon gone.

Gordon ran out a very young team and GT would have been proud how they stood up to the physicallity, but he will have some stern words at training over some of the silly unforced errors.

Looking good for an interesting season - for both teams.

Thanks for the update.
At least we got some points on the board. Looking forward to some more rosy results :)

I'd love to get to some gamess but I can't justify the two and a bit hour trip from Nowra to the minister for war and finance :)

The Butts

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks for the update.
At least we got some points on the board. Looking forward to some more rosy results :)

I'd love to get to some gamess but I can't justify the two and a bit hour trip from Nowra to the minister for war and finance :)

So you haven't used the old "it's life or death" line on the minister ;)

I think you are going to have a reasonably happy season this year, and the Emus looked crisp and disciplined.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
But Dave, what additional costs did the Spirit and Rising incur? They used Super Rugby employees/structures, etc.

Considering you and Aussie D are the only people capable of mounting a coherent argument without resorting to blatant lies and name calling, I think we can just end it. We know where we all stand.

I haven't been involved in this discussion. Unless you meant Aussie Dominance?

Emu Burger

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks for the update.

You can get out to the Rugby and watch the Shoalies

Emu Burger

Stan Wickham (3)
What a great weekend my favourite time of the year SS kicks off but next time i go watch the Emus like on Saturday make sure to check the draw and not rock up to Chatswood

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great game between the Galloping Greens and the Two Blues. Both teams had their chances, Wicks pack looked strong. We have some serious talent in jumpers 9-15. Looking like a bumper year hopefully. Few little things we need to tighten up, need a few lads to do a bit more of the hard stuff, but the signs are good. Up the Wicks.
Slow start to the year for the 2015 grand finalists, Marlins and the Woods!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Great game between the Galloping Greens and the Two Blues. Both teams had their chances, Wicks pack looked strong. We have some serious talent in jumpers 9-15. Looking like a bumper year hopefully. Few little things we need to tighten up, need a few lads to do a bit more of the hard stuff, but the signs are good. Up the Wicks.
Slow start to the year for the 2015 grand finalists, Marlins and the Woods!

Yep interesting last years top 4 faced off round one.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I know its early days but anyone think Uni are back? They looked very good V Eastwood....

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I notice that the SRU executive have rather provocatively changed this weekends TV game from the previously advertised Concord Oval to Eastwood's Millner Field for the Eastwood v Easts match.
It can't be on the basis of the weekends scores as it was changed last week.Not a great indication of their support for the game in the West of Sydney.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I know its early days but anyone think Uni are back? They looked very good V Eastwood..

Both teams looked like they were still getting things in place, and made some simple mistakes. Uni looked more composed though and took advantage of the Eastwood errors better IMO from watching it on TV. (Quoted wrong team)

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I notice that the SRU executive have rather provocatively changed this weekends TV game from the previously advertised Concord Oval to Eastwood's Millner Field for the Eastwood v Easts match.
It can't be on the basis of the weekends scores as it was changed last week.Not a great indication of their support for the game in the West of Sydney.

But Eastwood is in the cities West...............;)

John S

Desmond Connor (43)

On the map, they're both pretty much of a muchness when it comes to their westerly location :)

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Well,that makes it o.k. then ,obviously.So they are really wanting to take the game to Sydney's West after all.Silly me.
And shame on West Harbour Club for feeling dudded.

Sorry, didn't mean to convey that it was "ok" and I did get your point. If they really wanted to take it to the west there would be home games for the Two Blues. I'm not silly enough to expect any games for Penrith. Obviously Maybe their GPS stops 15km from the CBD

Status
Not open for further replies.