• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Looks like SRU may have moved away from Rugby Link competition management software, and reverted to the well known package that they used up until last season.

The draw is up in all of its glory.here: http://www.nswrugby.com.au/NSWRugby/ShuteShield/DrawsResultsLadders.aspx

I see that the Beasties have sold naming rights to Woollahra Oval. Seems that it will be known as "Jim Barry Vineyard (Woollahra Oval)" from now on.

When i look at team lists on this link it still shows 2015, even after round one. It'd be great if we could see team lists of all grades and colts.
Rugby News gave us the grade team sheets last year.
Is anyone aware of a platform that does this?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Well,that makes it o.k. then ,obviously.So they are really wanting to take the game to Sydney's West after all.Silly me.
And shame on West Harbour Club for feeling dudded.

I actually think its a good thing, not just because I will get to see two live games and one on't telly.
Its Easter weekend, TG will hopefully be full whether on TV or not and the cameras will be able to show a great crowd and great atmosphere, sadly the crowd at Concord will not be great so it really is a smarter choice for 7.
There will be better games to televise from Burwood.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Both teams looked like they were still getting things in place, and made some simple mistakes. Uni looked more composed though and took advantage of the Eastwood errors better IMO from watching it on TV. (Quoted wrong team)

Just finished watching the game on TV, there are a few things for both teams to sort out but both teams will rack up some serious points against a few of the weaker sides this year.
But how was that only a yellow - first game on TV and we get a decision that makes all us non-uni followers shake our heads.
Also how many knock-ons did the refereeing team miss for both sides
either way a good game for the neutral for the first game and Oval #2 looked fantastic - well done to Uni for building a ground the team has deserved for so long.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I made the trip to the Jim Barry Vineyard on Saturday, what a perfect day for rugby.
Ground looked nice if a bit dusty in the middle, decent game with the Holmes brothers looking sharp.
Beasties unlucky to loose - winning try looked a bit forward from my POV but couldn't really tell.
Rats 6 looked the business and Adams and Angus as always looked good, Beaties centres both played well and King at 10 will create plenty for them this year.
Fletcher went off but don't know how serious that was, big loss if he is out for any length of time.
Both teams will trouble some of the teams above them but silly mistakes and poor handling will come back to haunt them in too many games to mount a serious challenge to the top 4.
Mexican chicken long roll - the real winner of the day!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just saw the TV game. Hickey knees someone in the head right in front of the referee who even says "I don't care what the provocation was" and only gets a yellow?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^ Yep, he's one lucky sausage.

Is there a Shute Shield Citing Commissioner that reviews the tapes and makes their own independent citings for incidents Refs missed or recommends upgrading from YC to RC?

Maybe not because only two teams are filmed in HD with multiple cameras each week.

A knee to the melon is a pretty dangerous (and particularly unsafe) act.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
There is a citing commissioner that incidents can be referred to. It is not his role to watch all 6 games to find missed foul play ie someone must send in an incident report and then he will review the footage. If he deems it a Red Card offence, then he refers it to the judiciary.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
There is a citing commissioner that incidents can be referred to. It is not his role to watch all 6 games to find missed foul play ie someone must send in an incident report and then he will review the footage. If he deems it a Red Card offence, then he refers it to the judiciary.

There have been instances of this over recent years, however I'm not sure of outcomes. Some instances players havent played the following week/s - in some cases I heard suspended, in other cases I've heard club sanctioned the player.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Teams for 1st Grade are up:

Eastwood v Eastern Suburbs
Eastwood
Needs, Holden, Lagudi, Neale, Barry, Kent, Masson, Afualo, Page,Ayoub, Grant, Sutton, McDougall, Shorter, MacKenzie
Eastern Suburbs
Dalziel, Moore, Faumuina, Lee-Warner, Mathers, Buchanan, Perry,Stitcher, Grant, King, Merrit, Fay, Newsome, Clifton, Paterson

Randwick v Gordon
Randwick
Satuala, Nau, Goodbody, Armstrong, Munro, Hanigan, Baldwin,Croke, Boileau, Deegan, Pennington, Starkey, Roods, Kellaway, Anderson
Gordon
Loapo, Wilkinson, Latta, Maguire, Wilson, Goddard, Papworth, Roarke, Curtin, Carmichael, Butler, Moss, Simkin, Mete, Carruthers

Warringah v Northern Suburbs
Warringah
Tuituiohu, Holmes, Alaga, Adams, Wright, Mokofisi, Crompton,Poynting, Holmes, Angus, Jones, Ione, Adams, Wileman, Forbes
Northern Suburbs
Luxon, Kitchen, Rota, Brown, Palmer,Smith,Miller, Sinclair, Magrath, Sinclair, Hermens, Heyer, Simone, Woolf, Kay

Parramatta v Manly
Parramatta
Lolohea, Blacklock, Vaifale, Domoni, Toleafoa, Cox, Fifita, Viiga,Rech, Mate, Winterstein, Silva, Hayward, Casey, Duff
Manly
Lewis, Hilterbrand, Vaai, Melrose, Hall, Bergelin, Uili, Alley, Donlan,Lane, Hooper, Hartmann, Pili-Gaitau, Tagicakibau, Turner

Penrith v Sydney University
Penrith
Veikoso, Mitra, Fuamata, Kioa, Want, Havea, Doyle, Kei,Faoagali,Iosefa, Dalivusa, Puikala, Ramone, Namoamou, Tafili
Sydney University
Batho, Fainga’a, Sandell, Philip, Kaveinga, Whiteley, McCalman, Wainwright,Gordon, Hughes, Narracott, Carter,Redden, Tanginoa, Roberts

West Harbour v Southern Districts
West Harbour
Orr, Pearce, Satiu, Patterson, Games, Kapa, Tuapou, Moli,Ngaluafe,Adams, Hansen, Minute, Kolmalu, Marsters, Windon
Southern Districts

Gibbon, Paenga-Amosa, Chubb, Douglas, Ryan, Alex Perez, Doyle, Carbone, Wessels, Walton, Teki, Godinet, Smart, Brown, Nay

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
Eastwood to beat Easts by 12
Randwick to beat Gordon by 13
Warringah to beat Norths by 5
Parra to beat Manly by 10
Uni to beat Penrith by 30+
Souths to beas Wests by 10

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Eastwood to beat Easts by 12
Randwick to beat Gordon by 13
Warringah to beat Norths by 5
Parra to beat Manly by 10
Uni to beat Penrith by 30+
Souths to beas Wests by 10

Easts to beat the Woodies by 3
Randwick & Gordon - 24 all draw
Rats to beat the Shoreman by 12
Manly to beat Parra by 15
Uni to beat the Riff
Souths to best the Pirates by 20

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wicks by 20+ too. Not sure why Gordon is getting love.

Beasties to win another over Eastwood.

Warringah in a close one.

Beer on the hill

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes but the Marlin$ are a special case and have had amazing depth for years. I still can't believe Treweek left West Harbour for there a few years ago.
Best of luck to all sides over the Easter weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.