• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
Uni over Northern Suburbs in all grades.
1st Grade 40-17.
2 nd 45-27
3rd. 60-12
4th 55-0
Couple of upsets apparently. Wicks would have at least 1 bonus point so should retain top spot on points difference from Uni. How did Southern go?

If above post is correct ( Rats over Wicks in all grades ) then big swing at the top in Club Championship.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
:)
Hearing a score of 22-19 to the MTB. Hoping it's official.

EDIT: Confirmed. Woohoo!

The Year of the West.
Randi-Wix can thank their lucky stars they came away from Merrilands RSL park with a W way back when. Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda been a draw.

Uni over Northern Suburbs in all grades.
1st Grade 40-17.

Couple of upsets apparently. Wicks would have at least 1 bonus point so should retain top spot on points difference from Uni. How did Southern go?

If above post is correct ( Rats over Wicks in all grades ) then big swing at the top in Club Championship.

All four grades win (ignoring bonus points) = 128 points. Randi-Wix were leading Club Champs by 74 points last week. If the Wix rely on losing BP for this week, there will be movement at the top of the table.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Manly run down by Uni in second half. Manly run down in second half and luckily hold on against Randwick. Manly run down by Eastwood in second half. Manly looking as though they might be run down by Wests in second half but hold on. Pattern?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 8 Results

Intrust Shute Shield (1st Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 45 Penrith 10
Manly 29 West Harbour 19
Parramatta 22 Eastwood 19
Southern Districts 39 Gordon 21
Warringah 27 Randwick 20
Sydney University 40 Northern Suburbs 17

Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 55 Penrith 0
Manly 43 West Harbour 6
Parramatta 23 Eastwood 34
Southern Districts 40 Gordon 13
Warringah 29 Randwick 15
Sydney University 45 Northern Suburbs 2

Henderson Shield (3rd Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 96 Penrith 0
Manly 46 West Harbour 18
Parramatta 17 Eastwood 25
Southern Districts 57 Gordon 14
Warringah 27 Randwick 14
Sydney University 60 Northern Suburbs 12

Henderson Cup (4th Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 72 Penrith 5
Manly 24 West Harbour 5
Parramatta 19 Eastwood 17
Southern Districts 26 Gordon 14
Warringah 12 Randwick 5
Sydney University 35 Northern Suburbs 0

Round 9 Games - 14 May
Eastwood v West Harbour
Gordon v Parramatta
Northern Suburbs v Penrith
Manly v Warringah (Televised Live on 7 Two)
Randwick v Eastern Suburbs (Sir Roden Cutler V.C. Shield Match)
Southern Districts v Sydney University

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:
after Round 8

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Sydney University, 1354 points (Up 1 place)
Randwick, 1306 points (down 1)
Eastern Suburbs, 1207 points
Eastwood, 1095 points
Manly, 1066 points (Up 1)
Southern Districts, 1041 points (Up 1)
Warringah, 1001 points (up 1)
Northern Suburbs, 957 points (down 3)
Gordon, 675 points
West Harbour, 573 points
Parramatta, 398 points
Penrith, 47 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.
http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1167&OrgID=010100

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Manly run down by Uni in second half. Manly run down in second half and luckily hold on against Randwick. Manly run down by Eastwood in second half. Manly looking as though they might be run down by Wests in second half but hold on. Pattern?

We don't seem fit enough to win the win the big games over 80 minutes.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
May be fitness. But also forward pack are all ball runners. When they tire, other side wins breakdown. Manly end up defending most of the time.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Rats over Wicks all 4 grades
1st s 27-20
2nds 29-15
3rds 27-14
4ths 12-5

And well deserved too --- Wicks out-played, out-enthused, out-thought and out-scored in all grades. Lucky to pick up BPs in 4s and 1s.

Both sides went into 1sts without key players and the Rats lost Angus after just a few minutes and then also lost his replacement (Arnold), both to head knocks. Mark Gerard came off the bench to replace Arnold after playing half of 2nd grade. Was this his first game back from retirement?

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Back to Parra Day today. What a great day !
Parra V Eastawood, WHAT A GREAT GAME !!!!
Two Blues 1st win of the season,
Parra played strong all game. Rock solid in defence and impressive in attack.
Eastwood were also solid in defence , we were camped on their try line for a good 15 minutes at one stage with multiple phases and they at stood firm.
Parra did deserve the win.
The crowd were estatic and hugely vocal.
The players all walked through the old boys on their way off the field. Great to see.
What a great way to finish off back to PArra day.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
May be fitness. But also forward pack are all ball runners. When they tire, other side wins breakdown. Manly end up defending most of the time.

Good analysis. Fitness ain't the problem. Ed Gower will be welcome back

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Wasn't a classic at Manly yesterday but wasn't a bad game either
Same as last week from us, forcing a poor option way to often and too many turnovers
MMMs looked nothing like the side I saw at Merrylands earlier in year, not a bad team by any means but very little off the bench an the front row folded more times in this game than I have ever seen from a Marlins side
Missed the first try as I was getting a nomad, I don't think we ever looked like winning, on the back foot all o the first half until that line out on the bell
Started playing our style of game too late and game was out of reach by this point in 2nd half

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yep, you see i don't see we lost that game, despite what the score board says.

That is not said with sour grapes - that is rugby.

But I still say Woods had the rub of the green with the decisions, and the ref had a poor game.

Sounds like sour grapes to me ;-)
Yes, it is rugby, and Rugby says you lost.
Better luck next round - can't wait for the re-match :)

Status
Not open for further replies.