• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Gordon 7 Wests 0
Gordon 7 Wests 7
Gordon 12 Wests 7
Gordon 19 Wests 7
Gordon 26 Wests 7
Gordon 26 Wests 12
Half Time
Gordon 26 Wests 19
Gordon 33 Wests 19 (3 tries to Gordon 14)
Gordon 33 Wests 26
Gordon 36 Wests 26
Gordon 43 Wests 26
Full Time

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well, I am sure it's just a matter of time 'til the MMM bounce back - I just hope it's not today.

MTB to sneak home on top of a ferocious forward effort. I'd expect the physical collisions to be heard and felt as far away as the Manly Wharf.
Well, I got that wrong. As an absent supporter, I'll be interested to read the match reports.

Well done MMM.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Is Ned Hanigan injured?

He played. I honestly thought that the Beasts threw it away, tactics were incomprehensible to me,

It does get a bit boring talking about the officiating, but Randwick surely should have had a YC for repeated infringements in the first half. Plus near the end he appeared to give a penalty to the Beasts, but did not give an advantage.

Anyway, well done the Wicks, Stephen Hoiles in particular.

Araluenian

Frank Row (1)
Anyone know where the Grand Final's getting played this year? Just entered a competition where the prize was a corporate box for 11 and don't remember there being such plush facilities at Concord Oval.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well, I got that wrong. As an absent supporter, I'll be interested to read the match reports.

Well done MMM.

Great to see BJ run back out in the second half.
Good to see Meaney getting on the pitch.
Nice to see the boys smile, and rip out Boom Boom in all 4 - work to be done.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Juniors day - clocking of.​
13432446_1016319941783713_1907415618075036617_n.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 13 Results

Intrust Shute Shield (1st Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 17 Randwick 24
Gordon 43 West Harbour 26
Northern Suburbs 34 Warringah 28
Manly 41 Parramatta 17
Southern Districts 36 Eastwood 10 (Southern Districts retain the Sir Roden Cutler VC Shield)
Sydney University 88 Penrith 5

Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 24 Randwick 36
Gordon 32 West Harbour 17
Northern Suburbs 19 Warringah 43
Manly 59 Parramatta 14
Southern Districts 32 Eastwood 31
Sydney University 111 Penrith 12

Henderson Shield (3rd Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 25 Randwick 22
Gordon v West Harbour
Northern Suburbs 25 Warringah 42
Manly 18 Parramatta 0
Southern Districts 8 Eastwood 24
Sydney University 123 Penrith 0

Henderson Cup (4th Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 25 Randwick 24
Gordon v West Harbour
Northern Suburbs 12 Warringah 0
Manly 14 Parramatta 14
Southern Districts 13 Eastwood 15
Sydney University 82 Penrith 0

Round 14 Games - 18 June
Eastern Suburbs v Gordon
Manly v Southern Districts
Penrith v Northern Suburbs
Randwick v Sydney University
Warringah v Parramatta (Televised live on Channel 7Two)
West Harbour v Eastwood

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
He played. I honestly thought that the Beasts threw it away, tactics were incomprehensible to me,

It does get a bit boring talking about the officiating, but Randwick surely should have had a YC for repeated infringements in the first half. Plus near the end he appeared to give a penalty to the Beasts, but did not give an advantage.

Anyway, well done the Wicks, Stephen Hoiles in particular.

The Beasties decision to kick for touch when they'd received 2 scrum penalties in a row close to the Wicks line and Wicks had a forward in the bin was hard to understand.

The TV commentators suggested the ref had awarded a penalty to Easts as he stuck his arm out but he didn't say "penalty advantage" he said "stay" what ever that meant.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)

Well done MMM.
Yeah the two blues fight back never quite arrived, individual errors and good defending by Marlins stopped the game ending in a closer result
The card to Maliepo at start also handicapped parra but he was guilty of a swinging arm (assume that's what it was for anyway)
Thought lane was fantastic and he prevented a few tries with some great defending
Also Lucas kept the Marlins going when that last twenty slump looked a possibility again
Overall Marlins too strong

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yeah the two blues fight back never quite arrived, individual errors and good defending by Marlins stopped the game ending in a closer result
The card to Maliepo at start also handicapped parra but he was guilty of a swinging arm (assume that's what it was for anyway)
Thought lane was fantastic and he prevented a few tries with some great defending
Also Lucas kept the Marlins going when that last twenty slump looked a possibility again
Overall Marlins too strong

On the officials microphone, touchie said punch to chest.
Lane has been on fire this year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Beasties decision to kick for touch when they'd received 2 scrum penalties in a row close to the Wicks line and Wicks had a forward in the bin was hard to understand.

The TV commentators suggested the ref had awarded a penalty to Easts as he stuck his arm out but he didn't say "penalty advantage" he said "stay" what ever that meant.

Pretty ordinary decision making from the Beasties leadership team.

Randi-wix defence looked pretty good all round although with a Waratah studded backline, their attack looked fairly pedestrian.

Even though the Wix defence held, they gave plenty of opportunity for the Beasties to win that game comfortably. Beasties played well, and the Wix dragged themselves down to their level, as so often happens in local derbies.

The secret of where all the sand from Collaroy and Coogee beaches went to after last weekends storm has been revealed. It has been dumped on Woollahra Oval (Jim Barry's Orchard). Hardly a blade of grass to be seen. Terrible surface.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Loving the closeness of the Shute Shield this year.

While there are a few Wet weather games to be played which will upset the applecart, the Corporation hold a tenuous lead on the ladder by 5 points, and they were flogged by 9th placed Pirates and just survived a major scare from the 10th placed M2B.

Places 2 - 8 on the table are separated by only 7 competition points, although four of these teams have a deferred game to play.

Something has to be done about Penrith. The Jeremy Paul experiment hasn't worked - yet. Last place on the ladder in all grades except Colts 3 where they are 2nd last.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Pretty ordinary decision making from the Beasties leadership team.

Randi-wix defence looked pretty good all round although with a Waratah studded backline, their attack looked fairly pedestrian.

Even though the Wix defence held, they gave plenty of opportunity for the Beasties to win that game comfortably. Beasties played well, and the Wix dragged themselves down to their level, as so often happens in local derbies.

The secret of where all the sand from Collaroy and Coogee beaches went to after last weekends storm has been revealed. It has been dumped on Woollahra Oval (Jim Barry's Orchard). Hardly a blade of grass to be seen. Terrible surface.

I complained about this last year and was hoping Jim Barry would have stumped up for some spectator seating at his vineyard by now, but alas we still had to put up with seating which looks like it was purchased cheap from some primary school. I would have thought there's enough deep pockets in the Woollahra area to achieve reasonable success from a whip around if the club needs some input to the kitty. Can only hope the SRU doesn't add to the embarrasment by awarding any playoff games to this ground. I can remember a SF played there a few years ago (Wicks v Eastwood?) where several players suffered serious leg injuries in the potholes. Frankly the playing surface and spectator facilities are a disgrace.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Loving the closeness of the Shute Shield this year.

While there are a few Wet weather games to be played which will upset the applecart, the Corporation hold a tenuous lead on the ladder by 5 points, and they were flogged by 9th placed Pirates and just survived a major scare from the 10th placed M2B.

Places 2 - 8 on the table are separated by only 7 competition points, although four of these teams have a deferred game to play.

Something has to be done about Penrith. The Jeremy Paul experiment hasn't worked - yet. Last place on the ladder in all grades except Colts 3 where they are 2nd last.
I think by 5pm on Saturday Uni will be joint 2nd and 10 points will separate top 8 teams - it's been a great Shute shield so far and all playoff spots will go right down to last few weeks

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apart from Colts 1, there will be no undefeated Minor Premiers this year. Every team at the top of the other Grades and Colts have all lost 2 games (with more to come) in the final 5 rounds. In nearly all grades, there aren't too many points separating the top 6 on the ladder.

Big 8

Bob McCowan (2)
Sad to see the boys struggling at WH, loads of of field drama not helping, rumours that 1 senior 1st grade/NRC coach was sacked by Neil Tunnah the other resigning, senior players walking out, Gordon's 2nd win in 2016. Gordon 6 from 7. Interesting to see if the boys can pull together for the big games ahead. Keep your heads up boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.