• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Bugger. Sat in the grandstand without my glasses and watched Manly attack the far end of the ground all through the first half and then Easts attack the far end of the ground all through the second half. Memo to self - remember glasses.
Boy that Lane can tackle.
Ha ha just reference you in the above post - and you post 10 seconds later.
Yeah Laney can hit when he wants to.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The challenges and the hurdles club rugby / sports have to encounter in this day and age.

Sport is an important part of life, it is part of the balance, it keeps people happy, frustrated, and healthy.

It also gives supporters enjoyment in retirement as they still come through the gates to watch their grand kids play, and they share their memories.

Yeah we live in a commercial world, but lets not loose sight that we are living.

Solicitors representing the Manly Rugby Union Club have today lodged a comprehensive submission with the Northern Beaches Council outlining its position on the proposed car park development at Manly Oval.

The submission is critical of the development application which they say has misrepresented the arrangements between the former Manly Council and the Club over its relocation to Keirle Park and the prospects of the Club’s return to Manly Oval.

The submission criticises the DA for not detailing the full impact of the proposed reduction of the Sydney Road boundary to Manly Oval.

Club Vice President, Anthony Bergelin, who has signed off on the submission has emphasised that the Club has been trying to reach a binding agreement with the Council over its relocation to Keirle Park since June 2011, when the development was first mooted.

He said: “Whilst more recently we have been engaging with the former Council no agreement has been reached or allocation of funds made and we are very concerned, since the Council merger for the future of our club and for the locals, both supporters and players, who use and enjoy the ground.”

Bergelin went on to say:
“The Environmental Impact Statement attached with the DA does not adequately deal with the impact of the reduction in boundary size of the ground. It is a deal breaker for the Marlins because it may prevent the Club from competing in the Shute Shield from Manly Oval.”

The proposal is also critical of the relocation of the Merrett Memorial Gates to a site adjacent to the bike entrance to the carpark.
Bergelin commented: “The historical significance of the Merrett Gates should not be compromised by such an imposing development and the Applicants need to demonstrate that they are sensitive to that significance.”

The MRFC’s submission has recommended a number of conditions that need to be included into the development application before it should be considered.

http://www.manlyrugby.com.au/images/MRUFC_-_Submission_to_DA_2443470-AA-DA_3104_B_-_10_June_2016.pdf

B

BellyTwoBlues

The card to Maliepo at start also handicapped parra but he was guilty of a swinging arm (assume that's what it was for anyway)

On the officials microphone, touchie said punch to chest.
Lane has been on fire this year.

GDU - tell me again where the swinging arm occurred. DB - touchie says punch to chest. Now we all know I'm biased , so please, those with neutral eyes have a look at the footage and tell me where you see a punch to the chest and while you're at it, tell me who's more aggressive here. Blue 12 or Red 4? Then ask yourself, after this handbag display, 3 minutes into a game does any of it warrant a yellow card or even a penalty? In my completely and unashamed bias, have a chat to the players, then come back for the Manly knock on would've been the common sense approach.

Happy to be corrected, but I just don't see what our bloke is accused of. Yet he gets put in the bin, we concede 14 points while he's away as a result, game over.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
GDU - tell me again where the swinging arm occurred. DB - touchie says punch to chest. Now we all know I'm biased , so please, those with neutral eyes have a look at the footage and tell me where you see a punch to the chest and while you're at it, tell me who's more aggressive here. Blue 12 or Red 4? Then ask yourself, after this handbag display, 3 minutes into a game does any of it warrant a yellow card or even a penalty? In my completely and unashamed bias, have a chat to the players, then come back for the Manly knock on would've been the common sense approach.

Happy to be corrected, but I just don't see what our bloke is accused of. Yet he gets put in the bin, we concede 14 points while he's away as a result, game over.

I'm in agreeance with you on this one Belly, maybe a warning and a penalty.
I only advised what the touchie said.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

If that's a yellow,and they are consistent,we'll be watching 7 a side in plenty of games from here on

B

BellyTwoBlues

Yeh Dave I think it's clear my post backed up your statement of what the touchie thought he saw. That was the intention anyway.

Here's a front on still shot of the incident. Our blokes at the ground thought the Manly 4 was going to get a yellow, as he did the AFL jersey collar - punch to the chin trick. They nearly dropped their Winny Blues when it was our bloke who was called out.

Attachments

• Grade v Manly Round 12 444.jpg
    Grade v Manly Round 12 444.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 228

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
The Beasties appear to have friend in high places.
They lost 2 games (in 1sts) on the weekend but, according to the NSWRU website, they jumped from 41 points to 48 points.
No doubt the error will be fixed in the fullness of time.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yeh Dave I think it's clear my post backed up your statement of what the touchie thought he saw. That was the intention anyway.

Here's a front on still shot of the incident. Our blokes at the ground thought the Manly 4 was going to get a yellow, as he did the AFL jersey collar - punch to the chin trick. They nearly dropped their Winny Blues when it was our bloke who was called out.

Yep glad I'm not a ref.
That was a far better game than one i remember from last year ;) . Whilst we agree on the above - full marks to the 12 he accepted and trotted off.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Whilst I am agreeing that it is not that serious at 0.06 something clearly happens with Maliepo's arm and obviously this is what the touch judge noticed.

Sometimes different angles are required to see the full extent. Similar incidents happen though when you see it on camera that it looks a lot better than when you see it live (without all the camera angles of professional rugby).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Happy to oblige @Dave Beat. Send me your Purchase Order number :)

If the "powers that be" don't lurk here, then some of our lurkers let the "powers that be" know pretty quickly, especially when their mob may have been disadvantaged.

As Paul Keeting would say,as he quoted Jack Lang, ''In the race of life, always back self-interest - at least you know it's trying'.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Happy to oblige @Dave Beat. Send me your Purchase Order number :)

If the "powers that be" don't lurk here, then some of our lurkers let the "powers that be" know pretty quickly, especially when their mob may have been disadvantaged.

As Paul Keeting would say,as he quoted Jack Lang, ''In the race of life, always back self-interest - at least you know it's trying'.

True.
You lost me on the Purchase Order component though, may have been referring to some one else??

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Whilst I am agreeing that it is not that serious at 0.06 something clearly happens with Maliepo's arm and obviously this is what the touch judge noticed.

Sometimes different angles are required to see the full extent. Similar incidents happen though when you see it on camera that it looks a lot better than when you see it live (without all the camera angles of professional rugby).
Cmon,compare that to Deegans head high tackle on Saturday.
It's perverse that the Parra guy sits in the naughty chair,and Deegan just cops a penalty.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It's perverse that the Parra guy sits in the naughty chair,and Deegan just cops a penalty.

As I said I agree with Belly, and that is said now the game has finished.

If the yellow card didn't happen and the game degenerated into something like last year we'd all maybe seeing it a different way.

Easy to police from the side line after the game, I think penalty and warning to both players and captains.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
"You inherit the sins, you inherit the flames, Adam raised a Cain"

Or so someone has said.

Until Parra convince the refereeing fraternity that the culture has actually changed, and is not just in the process of changing, it will remain a difficult task to "take the referee out of the game". Great strides have been made but the journey is a long one.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
They'd be silly not to!!!!
I'd pay someone to down load all the information that gets captured on these pages - great stuff gets shared.

And someone needs to capture the thoughts and memories of some of the legends of club rugby such as Jeffrey Leonard Sayle. Maybe the likes of Bill Pulver needs to spend some time with these guys (I'm sure every club has one, Dave) so that we don't forget what these guys learned many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.