• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Fit non-Wallaby Waratahs missing in action for round 14
Paddy Ryan
Jeremy Tilse
Tolu Latu
Angus Ta'avou
Tom Rpbertson (injured?)
Matt Sandell
James Hilterbrand (short term contract)
Jack Dempsey
David Dennis
Matt Carraro
Henry Clunies-Ross (still injured from NRC ?)

The Tahs own list doesn't list Andrew Deegan ( Supplementary Tah Squad) as playing for the Wix.

Ryan started for Uni and Tilse and Dennis came off the bench in the 2nd half. Sandell played 2nd grade I think -- named in the team anyway.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Ryan started for Uni and Tilse and Dennis came off the bench in the 2nd half. Sandell played 2nd grade I think -- named in the team anyway.
Tolu latu also played at least a half - great match today which, to my surprise, thought the Wicks dominated with the score flattering Uni. No doubt Uni will bounce back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Scores were interesting today to say the least, well done Pirates and Marlins.
Uni still top but three on top with 50 points I think with two on 47 two on 45 and one on 44!
Think that's right anyway
Edit: didn't get much right!!!!

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Scores were interesting today to say the least, well done Pirates and Marlins.
Uni still top but three on top with 50 points I think with two on 47 two on 45 and one on 44!
Think that's right anyway
Think the Wicks may have picked up a bonus point which might put them on top - given the closeness of the ladder a loss or 2 would see them missing the top 4 - what a close comp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Official site has this

Sydney University 51
Southern Districts. 51
Randwick 51
Northern Suburbs 48
Manly 47
Eastern Suburbs 46
Eastwood 45
Warringah 45

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Great win by the Wicks today.
Came out firing on all cylinders and had 12-0 (2 tries) on the board after 10 minutes and 24-5 at HT. Predictably Uni hit back in the 2nd half with the injection of half the Tahs forward pack (why the bloody hell didn't they start the game the Uni supporters will be wondering???) but too little too late. Drew Kellaway, Horwitz and Roods has too much zip and class for Carter, Roberts and Stewart. Mitch Short (player of the match) and Sam Croke probably had their best games ever for the Wicks. The injection of Hoiles and Phibbs late in the match helped to get the Wicks across the line. Can't remember the last time the Wicks beat Uni twice in one season.

PS: Why on earth did the council decide to move 3s and 4s to Latham at 9am this morning, just before the sun came out --- madness?
Make the decision Friday night at the latest.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 14 Results
Intrust Shute Shield (1st Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 37 Gordon 17
Manly 16 Southern Districts 15
Penrith 0 Northern Suburbs 52
Randwick 36 Sydney University 26
Warringah 35 Parramatta 15
West Harbour 21 Eastwood 20

Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 24 Gordon 8
Manly 29 Southern Districts 26
Penrith 7 Northern Suburbs 66
Randwick 17 Sydney University 27
Warringah 43 Parramatta 26
West Harbour 0 Eastwood 59

Henderson Shield (3rd Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 20 Gordon 12
Manly 15 Southern Districts 25
Penrith 0 Northern Suburbs 121
Randwick 14 Sydney University 15
Warringah 65 Parramatta 0
West Harbour 0 Eastwood 45

Henderson Cup (4th Grade)
Eastern Suburbs 55 Gordon 0
Manly 24 Southern Districts 8
Penrith 7 Northern Suburbs 71
Randwick 14 Sydney University 17
Warringah 12 Parramatta 15
West Harbour 0 Eastwood 34

Round 15 Games - 25 June
Eastwood v Parramatta
Gordon v Southern Districts
Northern Suburbs v Eastern Suburbs
Randwick v West Harbour
Sydney University v Warringah
Penrith v Manly

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:
(after Round 14)

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Sydney University, 2370 points
Randwick, 2145 points
Eastern Suburbs, 2125 points
Northern Suburbs, 1969 points
Eastwood, 1938 points
Southern Districts, 1884 points
Warringah, 1827 points
Manly, 1707 points
Gordon, 1034 points
Parramatta, 849 points
West Harbour, 773 points
Penrith, 96 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.
http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1167&OrgID=010100

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Official site has this

Sydney University 51
Southern Districts. 51
Randwick 51
Northern Suburbs 48
Manly 47
Eastern Suburbs 46
Eastwood 45
Warringah 45

4 rounds to go, 20 points on offer and only 6 points separating the top 8 teams with only Penrith, Parramatta and Gordon not able to make the playoffs. West Harbour are a mathematical possibility (as much chance as Clive Palmer becoming PM and he's not even running), but they have beaten Uni and Eastwood so who knows. No clear favourite --- what a great competition. May well come down to Tahs availability for the playoffs.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Caught most of Parra's game on 7two. I don't seem them much, be they seem to have the basis of a good side there. They can put some good sequences of play together and can defend well - just have short little lapses where they leak soft points.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Caught most of Parra's game on 7two.<snip> just have short little lapses where they leak soft points.
It's been this way for a while, and occasionally those leaks can be quite major and some sides run in 2 or 3 quick tries before the boys regain their shape.

I managed to watch most of the game here in Wellington (not far from Paremata as fate would have it) and I agree there is the basis of a handy side there. I'd like to see a bit more penetration from the backs but the forwards are quite competent and generally stick to their roles well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
4 rounds to go, 20 points on offer and only 6 points separating the top 8 teams with only Penrith, Parramatta and Gordon not able to make the playoffs. West Harbour are a mathematical possibility (as much chance as Clive Palmer becoming PM and he's not even running), but they have beaten Uni and Eastwood so who knows. No clear favourite --- what a great competition. May well come down to Tahs availability for the playoffs.
Won"t the Tahs be locked up in Super Rugby for finals time?

The players making the difference seem to be the Tahs EPS and Supplementary Squad. The teams most impacted there are The Corporation and Randi-Wix.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^^pretty sure SS & Super start finals the same weekend.
So all Uni & Wicks supporters will be death riding the Tahs,hoping they don't make finals/are eliminated early.
It's conceivable that the only game some Tahs players will play for their club all year will be the GF,which doesn't sit comfortably with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.