• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Is Donlan still at Manly?
If so, they now have 2 ex-Rats half backs.

Yes and will be looking forward to a cracking season. One of the better halves in the comp, who was playing behind one of the best players in the comp last year. Don't understand how Matty didnt get the Ken Catchpoll last year (didn't understand the coach either - Turtle first year first grade / Rookie awards either - Reece Hodge first year out of colts & Super Contract).

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Used to bloody love going there for beers. How'd they lose it in the first place? Is it back up and running or have you been misled?
Happy new year all

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip> How'd they lose it in the first place?< snip>

Probably the same way that many rugby (and other community) clubs (in Sydney and elsewhere) have lost their club facilities.

A combination of changing demographics, mismanagement, changing regulatory environment, failure to move with the times (see mismanagement) and/or a combination of all of the above.

The Randi-Wix are not Robinson Crusoe when it comes to killing the golden goose.

Out of the woodwork

Allen Oxlade (6)
I hope this is true. A healthy Randwick is good for Australian rugby. Up the Wicks, hope that the new venture is another step closer to a return to the glory days!!!

G

greg woods

I hope this is true. A healthy Randwick is good for Australian rugby. Up the Wicks, hope that the new venture is another step closer to a return to the glory days!!!

excepy that the randwick head coach left for the western force i hear

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Used to bloody love going there for beers. How'd they lose it in the first place? Is it back up and running or have you been misled?
Happy new year all

Eastwood lost a mill or so which led to their rescue by North Ryde RSL Club.

One problem is probably the "jobs for the boys" syndrome.

Yes, I am looking at you, Jeff Sayle.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Morgan Turunui & Steven Hoiles would have to b in the mix - that would not detract from Shannon Frazers work to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eastwood lost a mill or so which led to their rescue by North Ryde RSL Club.

One problem is probably the "jobs for the boys" syndrome.

Yes, I am looking at you, Jeff Sayle.

Which Clubs (or their Licenced Clubs) still own/control their own clubrooms?

The Hobbits may be the only ones left. I think the Beasts may no longer control the Woollahra Oval premises, but could be wrong. The Grandstand at Uni is run by a mob independent from The Corporation. MMM use the Mounties owned Bowlo. Highlanders and Shoremen use premises supplied by others. Woodies and Pirates rely on local RSL clubs. Rats use Council facilities at Rat Park. I think Parramatta Eels sold off the M2B facilities in the brief period they controlled them.

G

greg woods

Morgan Turunui & Steven Hoiles would have to b in the mix - that would not detract from Shannon Frazers work to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing on western force website

Beer on the hill

Ward Prentice (10)
Hobbits? Do you mean Norths?
What would the Wicks offer someone to coach them? Full time gig?
With their club back they might be able to go large?
Can anyone from the club actually confirm what the go is there? I'll be looking to stop by for a cold one soon and check it out

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
This is the announcement on Wicks Facebook:

"THE Old Randwick Rugby Union Club is Re-OPENING TODAY 31 December from Lunchtime, to be known as the CLUB HOUSE. ALL WELCOME.....please spread the word if you want anyone to know about it....the Re-Union is on!"

Not sure whether this means there is any association with the Wicks rugby team.

Anyone know more?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
What are the chances of one of the less successful clubs winning the comp this year?

I'd like to see that.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This could be the Year of the Hobbit but it's all a bit speculative until the 2016 rosters and coaching staff finalised.

Plenty of rumours about player movements, and a few Coaches are yet to be named.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
This could be the Year of the Hobbit but it's all a bit speculative until the 2016 rosters and coaching staff finalised.

Plenty of rumours about player movements, and a few Coaches are yet to be named.

The snouts tell me Leni Ngungutau is returning to Souths after his 2 year Mormon mission. He'll play at 15 and will provide some superb attacking options.

Seems he's found his home at Souths after starting with M2B and then moving to Pirates before lobbing at Souths a few years ago

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
3 if you count Fabian Natoli.

Whatever happened to another former Rat 9 who went to Manly in expectation of greatness and disappeared? Jack Rowntree. For a while there he was touted as the next Gregan by Manu Sutherland and his band of merry men making rockstars out of 14 year olds

Status
Not open for further replies.