• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
ILTW from what I can find the Wicks made a quarter final in 2013 and finished 6th in 2015 so not sure there was a dramatic difference results wise.
Then you obviously didn't see any games.
They played some good footy last year & had an epic win against the premiers.
Their colts went from making up the numbers,to being dominant in all 3 grades,and their lower grades were dramatically stronger.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
warringahvsgordon.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ As I'm sure you'll recall, 'tahs officials told Latu's judicial hearing that he & "several other" players would be playing for their Clubs this week. I'm therefore understandably curious as to how many of the guys who kitted up for the Brumbies last week actually get out there this week...........

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Here we are again, new season ,new hopes and still talking about the ARU and what they might or might not do for the clubs.
I am not a grass and no longer a root but I can say with some authority that the grass root is very important.

Have a good season - all

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
A few weeks away but some fixture news that some might not know and might be interested in:

Round 1
Gordon playing at mingara
Northern suburbs playing at Camden

Round 2
3 games on good Friday
Parra wicks and rats

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Went out to Sydney Uni today and can proudly report a 14 all draw between the Galloping Greens and The Corporation.
Great afternoon of footy.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
what were the trial results today?

Souths v Norths?
Wests v Manly?
Rats v Gordon?
Uni v Randwick?
Eastwood v Parra?

There was nothing about who or where Easts and Penrith played. Did they play each other?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
what were the trial results today?

Souths v Norths?
Wests v Manly?
Rats v Gordon?
Uni v Randwick?
Eastwood v Parra?

There was nothing about who or where Easts and Penrith played. Did they play each other?
As mentioned above - wicks & uni 14 all - a fair reflection of the play - both teams will improve plenty from today & they will need to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Score not reported at concord
Manly won pretty easily though
Never had to step up to top gear
Two reds to pirates
Both were red but perhaps harsh in a trial
Manly very lucky to not get a red themselves
I think they scored two tries more and got a few conversion more also
Got a red card just before half time it was a red but as said perhaps a yellow and notice to sub player in a trial would do
If red manly player should have got yellow but not the worst decision of day either way
Came out second half and scored a few nice tries
Then got another red about ten after oranges
Again red was right as was a tip tackle but no malice and pure accident
Yellow and sub again in a trial for me
That took our momentum away
But positives we took it to the best team in Comp and held our own two men down
Ref not the best and it was bloody hot out there

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
As i live near Eastwood i thought id go there to watch the game vs Parramatta as was too hot to go anywhere else.. 10-5 at half time to eastwood. With about 10 t go eastwood went in a couple times and game ended 22-10. The refereeing was atrocious.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I had a look at the new ground at Uni a few weeks ago and it looks excellent with a stand on the western sideline so no more watching the game from a strange angle on a cricket oval. The ground is also a lot higher than #1 which always appeared to be below sea level! I've been told the ground will only be used for Rugby and Soccer and the new grandstand also includes indoor cricket nets, gyms and training gear for the high performance athletes plus entertaining areas. Hopefully all will be finished for next weekend.

Couldofbeen

Bob McCowan (2)
Score not reported at concord
Manly won pretty easily though
Never had to step up to top gear
Two reds to pirates
Both were red but perhaps harsh in a trial
Manly very lucky to not get a red themselves
I think they scored two tries more and got a few conversion more also
Got a red card just before half time it was a red but as said perhaps a yellow and notice to sub player in a trial would do
If red manly player should have got yellow but not the worst decision of day either way
Came out second half and scored a few nice tries
Then got another red about ten after oranges
Again red was right as was a tip tackle but no malice and pure accident
Yellow and sub again in a trial for me
That took our momentum away
But positives we took it to the best team in Comp and held our own two men down
Ref not the best and it was bloody hot out there

Not sure what game you were watching but when has an eye gouge not been a red card. You also forgot to mention that after your first send off Manly agreed to let you still play with 15 men as it was only a trial. After the second red card for a spear tackle (always a red card) you played with 14.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Couldafbeen yep, it was a strong first half, with a few changes made at the break, few boys still to come back as well, Tank, Cocca, Vance, Wesson, Kotoni, plus a few more. Reckon Ethan stood out on the day, and gee that new lock if nice and mobile. Pete Gilmore was down watching any idea when he's back?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Couldofbeen yes as I said both are red cards
Gouge is harsh player said not intentional but did opologise for making contact with eye - accidental poke in the eye rather than eye gouge
Again I didn't think it was a spear tackle again no malice from player but he did land on head and red card was right - I just thought both cards didn't help anyone yesterday in a trial and ref was introducing a bit of niggle in a game that didn't need any
Well done to MMMs though they will be hard for anyone to beat and have a strong group throughout grades

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Couldofbeen yes as I said both are red cards
Gouge is harsh player said not intentional but did opologise for making contact with eye - accidental poke in the eye rather than eye gouge
Again I didn't think it was a spear tackle again no malice from player but he did land on head and red card was right - I just thought both cards didn't help anyone yesterday in a trial and ref was introducing a bit of niggle in a game that didn't need any
Well done to MMMs though they will be hard for anyone to beat and have a strong group throughout grades
The tackle as it reads and was seen, player went vertical and was red. It is the way it is ruled. But momentum, players in tackle, etc can create unintentional situations and that was what it looked like - so hearing you.
Gouge is red, i thought it was an uppercut though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ anyone else from 'tahs R2 match 23? Don't wanna flog a dead horse but you'd hope they at least made sure their bullshit about Latu playing looked plausible...............

Status
Not open for further replies.