• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
Parramatta v Eastwood on Saturday at Milner field at Eastwood - From the Parramatta Club Twitter feed:

f10027dc1af7cca9e7e18f8f01f9fdbf.jpg

I believe Eastwood second grade side won v Parra pretty comfortably, but don't know the score.

Couldofbeen

Bob McCowan (2)
Couldafbeen yep, it was a strong first half, with a few changes made at the break, few boys still to come back as well, Tank, Cocca, Vance, Wesson, Kotoni, plus a few more. Reckon Ethan stood out on the day, and gee that new lock if nice and mobile. Pete Gilmore was down watching any idea when he's back?
DaveBeat yes looking ok with a few to come back. Not sure about Gilmore but would come in handy .

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
DaveBeat yes looking ok with a few to come back. Not sure about Gilmore but would come in handy .

Great season launch this arvo, forward pack very comparable and horse expected back around June.

Matty Lucas is a class above, but the basics of the back line are still there. Tim's trial form has been good, keen to see how Josh goes.

SammyC

Frank Row (1)
As i live near Eastwood i thought id go there to watch the game vs Parramatta as was too hot to go anywhere else.. 10-5 at half time to eastwood. With about 10 t go eastwood went in a couple times and game ended 22-10. The refereeing was atrocious.

I second that in relation to the refereeing. It was one sided refereeing at it's very best. I would like to know the penalty count if anyone has that information.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ anyone else from 'tahs R2 match 23? Don't wanna flog a dead horse but you'd hope they at least made sure their bullshit about Latu playing looked plausible.....

8 waratahs played according to the Tah's web site. No starters by the looks.

Reece Robinson, Andrew Kellaway, Jake Gordon, Harry Jones, Senio Toleafoa, Tom Robertson, Henry Clunies-Ross and Jim Stewart.

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs...-back-to-Club-land-as-Shute-Shield-nears.aspx

Good news is that Tomas Robertson is back after shoulder surgery.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ OK, so of the 'tahs Round 2 match day 23 (being 15 Israel Folau, 14 Matt Carraro, 13 Rob Horne, 12 David Horwitz, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Kurtley Beale 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Jed Holloway, 7 Michael Hooper, (c) 6 David Dennis , 5 Will Skelton, 4 Dean Mumm , 3 Angus Ta’avao, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Paddy Ryan Replacements: 16 Tolu Latu, 17 Matt Sandell, 18 Jeremy Tilse, 19 Sam Lousi, 20 Wycliff Palu, 21 Jack Dempsey, 22 Matt Lucas, 23 Bryce Hegarty) NOT ONE OF THEM actually played on Saturday.

And yet, we're expected to believe that Latu, had he not been suspended, would have played on Saturday. Bullshit much? Fuck me, they even claimed that Latu & SEVERAL OTHERS were scheduled to turn out. I sincerely hope this comes back to bite the 'tahs on the dick. They deserve no less.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
^^^^^^^^ OK, so of the 'tahs Round 2 match day 23 (being 15 Israel Folau, 14 Matt Carraro, 13 Rob Horne, 12 David Horwitz, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Kurtley Beale 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Jed Holloway, 7 Michael Hooper, (c) 6 David Dennis , 5 Will Skelton, 4 Dean Mumm , 3 Angus Ta’avao, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Paddy Ryan Replacements: 16 Tolu Latu, 17 Matt Sandell, 18 Jeremy Tilse, 19 Sam Lousi, 20 Wycliff Palu, 21 Jack Dempsey, 22 Matt Lucas, 23 Bryce Hegarty) NOT ONE OF THEM actually played on Saturday.

And yet, we're expected to believe that Latu, had he not been suspended, would have played on Saturday. Bullshit much? Fuck me, they even claimed that Latu & SEVERAL OTHERS were scheduled to turn out. I sincerely hope this comes back to bite the 'tahs on the dick. They deserve no less.
Id prefer both teams, fielding their strongest side, with the team playing the best rugby winning.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^I thought Hegarty was playing for Team Rehab, but the point to be made is that the usual starting Waratahs were nearly all rested, and the bench and EPS types seemed to have been directed back to clubland.

Lotu would usually be considered in the latter group, if not for the injury to TPN.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
According to the fixtures on the NSW website the following scores will happen this weekend:
Easts 28 Rats 0
Gordon 20 Emus 15
Norths 10 Pirates 38
MTBs 15 Wicks 15
Souths 22 MMM 21
Uni 0 Woods 0

Cracker of a game for TV then...

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
According to the fixtures on the NSW website the following scores will happen this weekend:
Easts 28 Rats 0
Gordon 20 Emus 15
Norths 10 Pirates 38
MTBs 15 Wicks 15
Souths 22 MMM 21
Uni 0 Woods 0

Cracker of a game for TV then.

Well that may be the best result Penrith gets all season :p...... I'll take that.

Seriously though, hoping that they have a better season.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Well that may be the best result Penrith gets all season :p.. I'll take that.

Seriously though, hoping that they have a better season.

Hope Penrith do get a couple of wins on the board this year.

Sounds like everyone is working together there, it will only result in positives

Onwards and upwards guys.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Souths
Woods
Norths
Rats
Uni
Wicks
Gordon
2Blues
Easts
Pirates
Rith
Good old Dave - omitting his beloved Marlins from the ladder above.....
My guesstimate for this year
Manly & Eastwood to repeat the GF from last year with the Marlins getting up
Next rung same same Uni & Souths
Warringah
Easts
Wicks/Norths/Gordon
Parra/west harbour
The Riff

Expect upsets & a closer comp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Good old Dave - omitting his beloved Marlins from the ladder above...
My guesstimate for this year
Manly & Eastwood to repeat the GF from last year with the Marlins getting up
Next rung same same Uni & Souths
Warringah
Easts
Wicks/Norths/Gordon
Parra/west harbour
The Riff

Expect upsets & a closer comp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, not long now trip south Saturday morn.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Two Blues to finish in the top 6.

Where abouts, i can't give everything away..........

Though when it happens, I will be quoting. Remember my post March 15th.

Two what......

Status
Not open for further replies.