• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Wests have the talent, don't know how to develop it. Reactionary coaching appointments, absence of a real programme, poor management and planning, ad hoc recruitment and the vice like grip of directors who repeat the same unsuccessful behaviours while running it as an old boys fraternity
Angry,sweeping generalisations ,obviously posted by someone with their nose out of joint because of their personal experience at Wests which didn't go to their liking.
Such comments say more about the writer than the people & club which he lambasts.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Angry,sweeping generalisations ,obviously posted by someone with their nose out of joint because of their personal experience at Wests which didn't go to their liking.
Such comments say more about the writer than the people & club which he lambasts.
Apart from the result, yesterday was a great day
Plenty to keep the kids happy, top notch BBQ, plenty of beer and free entry
Nothing the coach could do yesterday either it was stupid individual errors that killed us
Although having the best scrum half on the park playing stand off didn't help either
We are a few quality players off a decent team and it's early so will see what happens over next few weeks
Club is strong and nothing wrong with the way we are run

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
There were certainly some large humans across the grades for Penrith (and not in a good way).

It is worth noting that the colts are improving. Last year they weren't allowed to have a firsts team as they were losing so badly. Yesterday the firsts colts put 4 tries into Uni. Small steps but progress.
Penrith 1st colts were not kicked out of the comp because of results, it was because of the thuggery they were unleashing on the field
When you have 2 red cards and 3 citings and the ref calls the game off early that is not good. When we played Penrith in the 2nd round they played some good rugby in the right spirit and won the 2nd colts game on the bell and they enjoyed the victory even though a couple of there supporters were a bit narky in the way they carried on
I hope those players are playing this year and if Penrith can weed out the players who see rugby as an opportunity to belt blokes for 80 minutes and not go to jail then the club are on the right path

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Pretty good performance by the Beasts yesterday. They have a habit of worrying the Woodies.

I do like the look of Archie King.

Where is Angus Pulver, BTW?

And why on earth does John Grant not just use his size and speed, and stop trying to jink and dance his way around the bloody field?

B

BellyTwoBlues

Penrith 1st colts were not kicked out of the comp because of results, it was because of the thuggery they were unleashing on the field
When you have 2 red cards and 3 citings and the ref calls the game off early that is not good. When we played Penrith in the 2nd round they played some good rugby in the right spirit and won the 2nd colts game on the bell and they enjoyed the victory even though a couple of there supporters were a bit narky in the way they carried on
I hope those players are playing this year and if Penrith can weed out the players who see rugby as an opportunity to belt blokes for 80 minutes and not go to jail then the club are on the right path

Anyone who knows me knows I'm the last bloke to defend Penrith however the highlighted statement is completely inaccurate. At the start of the season Penrith had 3 grades of Colts last year, and after the first 3 or 4 rounds whilst their 2s and 3s were competitive (2s may have even won a few but don't quote me) their 1s were copping hidings from teams that were mid table. They then had to face Uni and Randwick in successive weeks (though may not have been in that order) and it was a couple of people from NSWRU who made the decision to withdraw them from the 1sts Colts comp. It had absolutely nothing to do with their judicial record.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can someone explain to me why in 3 weeks both Uni and Eastwood have had 2 games on FTA before some have had even 1.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Which game did you want them to telecast?
Rats v Souths is the obvious one,but it's a night game,so it's out.
The other likely game is Easts v Norths.
But then you have Easts on TV twice which is a bigger outrage than the 2 semi finalists from last year.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well why did they move Souths vs Wests last week to Eastwood vs Easts?

Round 1 probably should've been Souths vs Manly.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I would guess,that they saw Wests were poo in rd 1,and Easts went better than expected.
The results of both these games validated their decision.

I absolutely agree rd 1 should have been a Manly v Souths.
But I accept there was a reasonable argument for showing Uni in their grand opening of their new facility against the premiers.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone know what's become of Henry Clunies-Ross? University listed him in Seconds for Round 1, which seemed harsh on a Waratahs contracted player, and he was nowhere to be seen in Round 2. Is his ankle still not right?

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Well why did they move Souths vs Wests last week to Eastwood vs Easts?

Round 1 probably should've been Souths vs Manly.

My reliable snouts tell me that it was a punishment to Wests for not supporting an SRU policy. Nepotism then prevailed on the decision for the replacement

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
I hear that Shoalies have the best pies ever. Is it true John if so might make the trip down from Emu Plains just to sample 1

The best two days to come down would be Digger day and Green Steam Day. Not sure when they are this year - if you're keen let me know and I'll just pm you.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I would guess,that they saw Wests were poo in rd 1,and Easts went better than expected.
The results of both these games validated their decision.

I absolutely agree rd 1 should have been a Manly v Souths.
But I accept there was a reasonable argument for showing Uni in their grand opening of their new facility against the premiers.
Except that the decision was made before round 1 was played.
See #798 above.
The decision was not made by ch.7 but by the S.R.U. executive.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Who/what makes up the SRU executive?
There is a secret door in O'Sullivan Rd, that when you knock on it 7 times, will open up to a tunnel that goes in two directions. One will take to to the righteous path (Coogee), the other leads to Camperdown.
Choose wisely Baggy, because the right path can lead you to lies and deceit.

If you can't find it this way... Google?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
According to Google, the Sydney Rugby Union doesn't exist (I've often wondered whether it actually existed or was just a mythical organisation that the NSWRU invented to blame for it's own inactivity regarding club rugby, rugby news demise, lack of publicity for the SS, etc, etc).

The nearest I can find is the Scottish Rugby Union, unless the secret tunnel leads to the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound or Slippery Rock University.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
According to Google, the Sydney Rugby Union doesn't exist (I've often wondered whether it actually existed or was just a mythical organisation that the NSWRU invented to blame for it's own inactivity regarding club rugby, rugby news demise, lack of publicity for the SS, etc, etc)

Shhh, it's only a model.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I am pretty sure that the Sydney Rugby Union did exist, back in the good old, bad old days.

The days when North Harbour played South Harbour (Firsts and Seconds - two match-ups in other words) so that the best Sydney side could be chosen for one of highlights of the season, City versus Country.

Country won its share, too. Those were the days!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I am pretty sure that the Sydney Rugby Union did exist, back in the good old, bad old days.

The days when North Harbour played South Harbour (Firsts and Seconds - two match-ups in other words) so that the best Sydney side could be chosen for one of highlights of the season, City versus Country.

Country won its share, too. Those were the days!

Up the jumper try :D

Status
Not open for further replies.