• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Well I guess it's a matter of semantics. However there is a group of people who come from some of the clubs in the S.S. , who meet on a regular basis,& whose function is the running of the S.S. competition ,& who make decisions pertaining to the S.S. competition. "If it looks like a duck ......"

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Up the jumper try :D

I was there! Country were favourites on the day, I am pretty sure, but as a Sydney supporter I was delighted when we had it in the bag, until the very last seconds of the game.

It was amazing, I was on the western side of the ground, saw the start of it, but then lost sight of the ball (naturally).

The next thing, the bloody cockies had scored a try!!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I was there! Country were favourites on the day, I am pretty sure, but as a Sydney supporter I was delighted when we had it in the bag, until the very last seconds of the game.

It was amazing, I was on the western side of the ground, saw the start of it, but then lost sight of the ball (naturally).

The next thing, the bloody cockies had scored a try!!

Showing your age mate (and mine!) -- it was 1975 at TGMilner and the jumper with the ball up it was Greg Cornelson's.

The country team in those days included John Hipwell, Geoff Shaw, John Hindmarsh, John Lambie, Peter Horton, and others as well as Cornelson (who scored 4 tries against the ABs in the 3rd test in 1978). 12 country players made the 1975 UK tour.

Things aren't as good as they were in the old days, but then again they never were!

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
Team Lists are up on Rugby News facebook page - should be a cracking weekend of rugby

West Harbour yet again unable to name a team for the 3rd week in a row - they must have some very secret weapons that they dont want anyone to know about.... although didnt seem to work in the 1st 2 rounds of the season.

• Sydney Uni to beat Wicks by +15
  • Easts to beat Norths in a close one (possibly a penalty difference)
  • Eastwood to put a thousand on Penrith
  • Manly to beat Gordon by +20
  • West Harbour to unleash a team so secretive that the players themselves wont know who has been selected until 2.55pm and beat Parra by 1 and then go on to win the Shute Shield using the same formula
  • Souths to pip Warringah in final 10 mins in a close one

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Team Lists are up on Rugby News facebook page - should be a cracking weekend of rugby

West Harbour yet again unable to name a team for the 3rd week in a row - they must have some very secret weapons that they dont want anyone to know about.. although didnt seem to work in the 1st 2 rounds of the season.

• Sydney Uni to beat Wicks by +15
  • Easts to beat Norths in a close one (possibly a penalty difference)
  • Eastwood to put a thousand on Penrith
  • Manly to beat Gordon by +20
  • West Harbour to unleash a team so secretive that the players themselves wont know who has been selected until 2.55pm and beat Parra by 1 and then go on to win the Shute Shield using the same formula
  • Souths to pip Warringah in final 10 mins in a close one

And Uni are so confident of winning they've only picked 14 players, 3 of whom are all named TBC ;)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I am pretty sure that the Sydney Rugby Union did exist, back in the good old, bad old days.

The days when North Harbour played South Harbour (Firsts and Seconds - two match-ups in other words) so that the best Sydney side could be chosen for one of highlights of the season, City versus Country.

Country won its share, too. Those were the days!
How good were those days.
Wish nsw nrc was Nth Hbr / Sth Hbr / out west / maybe NSW U21.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'm a very ordinary judge, but for the sake of conversation here are my tips for this weekend:

Uni to beat Randwick in a close one
Norths to beat Easts reasonably comfortably
Woods to beat Penrith hmmmmmm
Manly to beat Gordon by 15+
Parra to beat Wests on the bell after giving away a 30 point start
Warringah to beat Souths at home

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It would appear that Rugby News have a special arrangement with SRU regarding team lists. The link on the NSWRU website for team lists now takes you to the Rugby News web site, and unlike last year when all 4 grades and 3 Colts team lists were available on the NSWRU web pages, they appear to only be publishing the 1st Grade Teams.

Looks like I won't be able to publish all the team lists on Green and Gold like I have been doing in the past. Sorry Folks. Send complaints to the SRU, if you can find a contact name or email address for them.

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
Looking today with the mix of players for Penrith MORE islanders is hardly possible and perhaps not the answer in and of itself.

Lot of misconceptions about Penrith and its population. This is a sample of what the junior club based at Nepean Rugby Park "looks like". There aren't too many RWC nations not represented from them or their parents' birth places.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 12.34.33 AM.png

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
It would appear that Rugby News have a special arrangement with SRU regarding team lists. The link on the NSWRU website for team lists now takes you to the Rugby News web site, and unlike last year when all 4 grades and 3 Colts team lists were available on the NSWRU web pages, they appear to only be publishing the 1st Grade Teams.

Looks like I won't be able to publish all the team lists on Green and Gold like I have been doing in the past. Sorry Folks. Send complaints to the SRU, if you can find a contact name or email address for them.

Rugby news use to post all grades last year (not sure about colts) so they have the function to do it. Maybe someone could ask them to do it I'm sure there are allot of punters out there who would be appreciated.

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone know what's become of Henry Clunies-Ross? University listed him in Seconds for Round 1, which seemed harsh on a Waratahs contracted player, and he was nowhere to be seen in Round 2. Is his ankle still not right?

Neither harsh nor disrespectful, merely careful player management after a serious injury. As I understand. Henry tweaked his ankle in Round1 so missed last week. Whether the injury is related to his previous ankle fracture or when he is due to return - don't know.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Neither harsh nor disrespectful, merely careful player management after a serious injury. As I understand. Henry tweaked his ankle in Round1 so missed last week. Whether the injury is related to his previous ankle fracture or when he is due to return - don't know.

Interesting indeed.

Rule 7.4.1 (a) of the Competition rules states the following:

Players with current SuperRugby contracts can only play 1st Grade.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.