• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Bugger, I really really enjoyed that.

Nothing is better than Tom Carthouse being put back into his whiny, mouthy, box.

His attitude is worth 10 points to the opposition. Great motivation.

Saw all sides of BTC today.
The good: at the ground to cheer on 4th grade as they ran onto the field
The bad: frequent cheap shots at opposition players whenever they made a mistake, trying to taunt them into retaliating
The ugly: a blatent late head high tackle on Deegan well after he kicked the ball followed by a ridiculous protestation of innocence, all clearly seen by most of the crowd and on the TV, but missed by all 3 officials somehow

Whilst I appreciate his desire to support his team, I'm not convinced on today's effort that he's still worthy of 1st grade selection.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Saw all sides of BTC today.
The good: at the ground to cheer on 4th grade as they ran onto the field
The bad: frequent cheap shots at opposition players whenever they made a mistake, trying to taunt them into retaliating
The ugly: a blatent late head high tackle on Deegan well after he kicked the ball followed by a ridiculous protestation of innocence, all clearly seen by most of the crowd and on the TV, but missed by all 3 officials somehow

Whilst I appreciate his desire to support his team, I'm not convinced on today's effort that he's still worthy of 1st grade selection.

I don't know Tom Carter personally. I met him at a Waratahs fan day a few years back and he seemed like a really nice guy. Had a bit of a chat, played with my kids for a few minutes and signed just about everything. A couple of years later I was speaking to a mate of mine who had coached TC and asked about the apparent contradiction between that interaction and the on-field TC persona. Off the field I was told that he's a top bloke, but once he crosses that white line it's like he's a different person.

Not defending his on-field antics, which I don't like either - just giving people another view.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
MTB were diabolical. Error ridden and directionless. The score line flattered them. Congrats to the Pirates who managed slightly less errors to hold on. Parras forwards were ok but their backs are hopeless. Another long season unless big improvements are made to 10, 12 and 13.
It was an awful game in terms of skill sets but mistakes and individual errors were shared by both teams
At 14 nil I thought we were in for a hammering, Viiga with two early tries
We then had a purple patch with Orr showing power and some nice offloading
Leao scored a decent try but we were fortunate to go in ahead after Pattersons intercept to score
Neither coach would be happy at half time error filled half
Strong start to second half by pirates saw us score after a decent line out and subsequent passages
The MTBs fullback (Roache?) then gifted us a try with an individual brain fart and we were up by 20
Winterstein? Then scored a great individual effort and Roache got one back to have a grand stand finish
Didn't see whom scored for Parra after the bell but that made it 33-34 to the Pirates
We were fortunate to get our first win of season and I actually thought MTBs were the better team for most of the day
I will give both sets of back rows pass marks but nobody else came close
Great food, cold beer and the usual friendly faces at Merrylands made the day, the rugby on show did not but a wins a win for a' that
Up the Pirates!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I don't know Tom Carter personally. I met him at a Waratahs fan day a few years back and he seemed like a really nice guy. Had a bit of a chat, played with my kids for a few minutes and signed just about everything. A couple of years later I was speaking to a mate of mine who had coached TC and asked about the apparent contradiction between that interaction and the on-field TC persona. Off the field I was told that he's a top bloke, but once he crosses that white line it's like he's a different person.

Not defending his on-field antics, which I don't like either - just giving people another view.

Fair enough QH.
But having watched the players available to Uni in 2nds (and 3rds!) and having seen Tom play in the first round and again today I'm not sure he has enough to offer to justify his place in 1st grade.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Fair enough QH.
But having watched the players available to Uni in 2nds (and 3rds!) and having seen Tom play in the first round and again today I'm not sure he has enough to offer to justify his place in 1st grade.

Based on what I saw today, you'd have to think his 1st grade spot wouldn't be particularly secure. He seemed out of place in that backline.

Great win to your guys by the way. Must have been close to 20 minutes defending their own line.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I may have found an alternate source of team lists for all four grades.

When I publish them on here, they do take a fair bit of column space (see post #841 above).

It is no skin off my nose whether I publish just the First Grade Team lists, or all four grades, or no team lists. The Jarse-o-matic Team List Generator works just as fast to produce all grades as it does to do just the first grade list.

What do fellow Gaggerlanders want to see?
  • Team Lists from all four Grades
  • Team Lists from First Grade only
  • No Team lists

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

When I publish them on here, they do take a fair bit of column space (see post #841 above).

It is no skin off my nose whether I publish just the First Grade Team lists, or all four grades, or no team lists. The Jarse-o-matic Team List Generator works just as fast to produce all grades as it does to do just the first grade list.

• No Team lists
Perhaps start an additional forum to place the lower grade lists - might make it easier to look at/though - I do appreciate looking at the lower grade lists

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

• No Team lists
I like all grades, great work.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 3 Results

Shute Shield - First Grade
Eastern Suburbs 28 Northern Suburbs 13
Eastwood 82 Penrith 14
Gordon 19 Manly 45
Parramatta 33 West Harbour 34
Sydney University 19 Randwick 23
Warringah 23 Southern Districts 24

Colin Caird Shield - Second Grade
Eastern Suburbs 50 Northern Suburbs 12
Eastwood 92 Penrith 7
Gordon 19 Manly 28
Parramatta 36 West Harbour 19
Sydney University 40 Randwick 36
Warringah 21 Southern Districts 18

JR Henderson Shield - Third Grade
Eastern Suburbs 33 Northern Suburbs 5
Eastwood 101 Penrith 7
Gordon 26 Manly 54
Parramatta 34 West Harbour 17
Sydney University 36 Randwick 28
Warringah 17 Southern Districts 12

Henderson Cup - Fourth Grade
Eastern Suburbs 26 Northern Suburbs 25
Eastwood 55 Penrith 0
Gordon 0 Manly 58
Parramatta 17 West Harbour 12
Sydney University 10 Randwick 22
Warringah 0 Southern Districts 33

Round 4 Games - 9 April
Northern Suburbs v Eastwood (Broadcast live on Channel 7Two)
Manly v Sydney University
Parramatta v Warringah
Penrith v Randwick
Southern Districts v Eastern Suburbs
West Harbour v Gordon

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
^^^^
Aahh Errrr
Well clearly the place to be next Saturday arvo is Manly Oval so get down there - should be a cracker.
Manlys 2000 game.
Last years finalists.
First home game.
Tahs have a bye so should be some Supet talent playing as well.

PS - channel 7 whats the go?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)

• No Team lists
I like all grades and as others have said great work

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Sydney University, 523 points
Randwick, 498 points
Eastwood, 476 points (up 3)
Southern Districts, 470 points (down 1)
Manly, 431 points (up 2)
Eastern Suburbs, 365 points (up 3)
Northern Suburbs, 360 points (down 3)
Warringah, 318 points (up 1)
Gordon, 298 points (down 4)
Parramatta, 186 points
West Harbour, 163 points
Penrith, 21 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.

http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1167&OrgID=010100

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)

• No Team lists
All grades thanks

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Round 3 Results

Shute Shield - First Grade
Eastwood 82 Penrith 14

Colin Caird Shield - Second Grade
Eastwood 92 Penrith 7

JR Henderson Shield - Third Grade
Eastwood 101 Penrith 7

Henderson Cup - Fourth Grade
Eastwood 55 Penrith 0

I make that 330 - 28.

Outscored at better than 10 to 1.

Another long year for the Emus :(

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
I make that 330 - 28.

Outscored at better than 10 to 1.

Another long year for the Emus :(

They still have a ways to go.

Though an improvement by the emus on last year. It was 454 - 0

That over 100 points less put on them this year.

Hey I'm a glass half full kind of guy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.