• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
Woods team v Rats:
Looks like Woodies star prop Gillespie is having a bad run with a broken thumb, re-injuring it recently, based on Woodies eNewsletter last week. Also seems Craig missed last week for Woods while in camp with Aussie U20s. Given selection for Woods this week, must just be a shadow player.
0429719796d266c6858d782b8a4843c6.jpg

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
A pretty gutsy effort by the Woodies, I thought.

Is Hamish Angus an Aussie? Surely not. He can kick, which is not one of our national skills.

What was the final score? I had to leave for a while and missed the last 10 mins. I swear, I'm going to get to watch one game this year in its entirety.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 11 Results

Intrust Shute Shield (1st Grade)
Manly 36 Northern Suburbs 40
Penrith 24 Parramatta 48
Randwick 20 Southern Districts 23 (Southern Districts win the Sir Roden Cutler VC Shield)
Sydney University 56 Gordon 14
Warringah 30 Eastwood 30
West Harbour 20 Eastern Suburbs 26

Colin Caird Shield (2nd Grade)
Manly 28 Northern Suburbs 19
Penrith 0 Parramatta 57
Randwick 29 Southern Districts 18
Sydney University 56 Gordon 24
Warringah 32 Eastwood 35
West Harbour 9 Eastern Suburbs 26

Henderson Shield (3rd Grade)
Manly 19 Northern Suburbs 22
Penrith 12 Parramatta 65
Randwick 0 Southern Districts 3
Sydney University 48 Gordon 0
Warringah 7 Eastwood 0
West Harbour 14 Eastern Suburbs 32

Henderson Cup (4th Grade)
Manly 5 Northern Suburbs 17
Penrith 19 Parramatta 34
Randwick 17 Southern Districts 8
Sydney University 76 Gordon 5
Warringah 13 Eastwood 29
West Harbour 0 Eastern Suburbs 38

Round 12 Games - 4 June
Eastwood v Sydney University
Gordon v Northern Suburbs
Manly v Eastern Suburbs
Randwick v Parramatta
Southern Districts v West Harbour (Sir Roden Cutler VC Shield Match) (Televised Live on channel 7Two)
Warringah v Penrith
The Sir Roden Cutler VC Shield is doing the rounds this season after being locked up at Manly for 2.5 seasons.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:
(after Round 11)

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Sydney University, 1881 points
Eastern Suburbs, 1735 points
Randwick, 1715 points
Eastwood, 1660 points
Southern Districts, 1448 points
Northern Suburbs, 1433 points
Warringah, 1378 points
Manly, 1300 points
Gordon, 815 points
Parramatta, 755 points
West Harbour, 647 points
Penrith, 74 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.
http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1167&OrgID=010100

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not at the game but hear they were - blew a big lead after going behind early. Not good.

Either something wrong with the fitness training programme or with the selections. It's happened almost every week - it can't be coincidental, although I hear that the coaches are in denial.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Either something wrong with the fitness training programme or with the selections. It's happened almost every week - it can't be coincidental, although I hear that the coaches are in denial.

On a more serious note - perhaps it is the bench players not making as big a contribution as required. (I haven't been down to a game yet to qualify as a sensible commentator though.)

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Beasts win again. I don't think however they will beat Manly at home. Poor record at Manly oval in recent years. Young settled Beasties may be able to do it.

I cannot believe Manly's fitness is an issue although some are getting on a bit or coming back from injury. Can't be mental attitude as no one goes out to underperform. May be picking the same players over and over again.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Of course mental attitude matters. I can't see it as the reason for the pattern of performance. The games I've seen suggest no lack of effort.

Johnno40

Allen Oxlade (6)
There are more problems at MMM than there is with the federal budget .
Is Dave B been away ,not saying much about his team Did he say they are stallions Well after yesterday game they have been gelded
Go the Red an Blacks

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Beasts win again. I don't think however they will beat Manly at home. Poor record at Manly oval in recent years. Young settled Beasties may be able to do it.

I cannot believe Manly's fitness is an issue although some are getting on a bit or coming back from injury. Can't be mental attitude as no one goes out to underperform. May be picking the same players over and over again.
Depends on how long the second half is, if it's only 36 minutes like yesterday that might benefit MMMs rather than help the Beasties?

Status
Not open for further replies.