• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Qualifying Final Results (According to Twitter & Google)

First Grade:
Sydney University (1) 41 Eastwood (6) 32
Southern Districts (2) 29 Randwick (5) 26
Northern Suburbs (3) 25 Warringah (4) 23

Second Grade:
Eastern Suburbs (1) 38 Warringah (6) 14
Eastwood (2) 23 Sydney University (5) 24
Randwick (3) 22 Manly (4) 13

Third Grade:
Sydney University (1) 22 Manly (6) 12
Eastwood (2) 33 Eastern Suburbs (5) 21
Warringah (3) 29 Northern Suburbs (4) 10

Fourth Grade:
Northern Suburbs (1) 10 Eastwood (6) 13
Sydney University (2) 22 Randwick 17 (5)
Eastern Suburbs (3) 12 Southern Districts (4) 10

Next Week Semi Final Fixtures:
First Grade:
SF1 - Sydney University (1) v Warringah (4)
SF2 - Southern Districts (2) v Northern Suburbs (3)
Mad Monday: Randwick (5), Eastwood (6)

Second Grade
SF1 - Eastern Suburbs (1) v Eastwood (2)
SF2 - Sydney Unversity (5) v Randwick (3)
Mad Monday: Warringah (6), Manly (4)

Third Grade
SF1 - Sydney Unversity (1) v Northern Suburbs (4)
SF2 - Eastwood (2) v Warringah (3)
Mad Monday: Eastern Suburbs (5), Manly (6)

Fourth Grade
SF1 - Sydney University (2) v Northern Suburbs (1)
SF2 - Eastern Suburbs (3) v Eastwood (6)
Mad Monday: Southern Districts (4), Randwick (5)

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
15-12 Norths leading. Bit of atmosphere here at the ground. Tipping the Shoreman to power home. Rats will need former Barker boy and Catchpole medallist H.Angus to star if they are to win from here. Is this being shown on tv?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
15-12 Norths leading. Bit of atmosphere here at the ground. Tipping the Shoreman to power home. Rats will need former Barker boy and Catchpole medallist H.Angus to star if they are to win from here. Is this being shown on tv?

Yes it is. On 7Two. Currently Norths 18-15

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Channel 7Two reporting that Southern Districts will play Northern suburbs at Forshaw Park in the Semi Finals on Sunday.
This suggests that No 2 Oval at Sydney Uni will be the other SF venue on Saturday.

On that basis, I reckon that next weeks Semi Final fixtures are:

Saturday at SU Football Ground No 2
First Grade: SF1 - Sydney University (1) v Warringah (4)
Second Grade: SF2 - Sydney Unversity (5) v Randwick (3)
Third Grade: SF1 - Sydney Unversity (1) v Northern Suburbs (4)
Fourth Grade: SF1 - Sydney University (2) v Northern Suburbs (1)

Sunday at Forshaw Park
First Grade: SF2 - Southern Districts (2) v Northern Suburbs (3)
Second Grade: SF1 - Eastern Suburbs (1) v Eastwood (2)
Third Grade: SF2 - Eastwood (2) v Warringah (3)
Fourth Grade: SF2 - Eastern Suburbs (3) v Eastwood (6)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Assuming that you live in Queensland, try FTA 62 or, failing that, FTA 72.

Both games will be televised next week, too.

JFT

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is there a way to watch a replay of the Seven Two coverage like there was with ABC Iview?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Really enjoyed the game at North Sydney today. Great ground to watch rugby in the winter sun. Well done to Norths.

Bit of advice for the SRU and Norths, if the Grand Final is being held there you need to improve the catering or there will he calls for it never to be held there again. Today made Allianz seem like the fastest service ever in comparison. No disrespect to the people serving but the set up is woefully inadequate for finals footy. There is only one food outlet.
Queue up at the canteen by the stadium entrance by the women's toilets where you can't see the game. Buy a ticket for the BBQ. Then join the queue for the BBQ. 40 minutes later after the two queues I got the BBQ for the kids but haven't seen a second of the game. Can I get a beer here? No that's a different queue. Where do I queue for that. In the shoreman bar or at the opposite side of the ground in the hill. Queue again. Terrible set up. They need more food outlets where you can actually see the game whilst you wait.

The people that queued 15-20mins in the BBQ queue to find out at the front that had to queue somewhere else to get a ticket were livid.

Great footy. Great ground but not yet set up for finals footy.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Channel 7Two reporting that Southern Districts will play Northern suburbs at Forshaw Park in the Semi Finals on Sunday.
This suggests that No 2 Oval at Sydney Uni will be the other SF venue on Saturday.

On that basis, I reckon that next weeks Semi Final fixtures are:

Saturday at SU Football Ground No 2
First Grade: SF1 - Sydney University (1) v Warringah (4)
Second Grade: SF2 - Sydney Unversity (5) v Randwick (3)
Third Grade: SF1 - Sydney Unversity (1) v Northern Suburbs (4)
Fourth Grade: SF1 - Sydney University (2) v Northern Suburbs (1)

Sunday at Forshaw Park
First Grade: SF2 - Southern Districts (2) v Northern Suburbs (3)
Second Grade: SF1 - Eastern Suburbs (1) v Eastwood (2)
Third Grade: SF2 - Eastwood (2) v Warringah (3)
Fourth Grade: SF2 - Eastern Suburbs (3) v Eastwood (6)
Does anyone...anyone .... see an issue with teams playing final on their homeground? Uni are having a golden run as usual.
Which bring me to the GF. Why at North Sydney oval, Norths could be there, when did Concord lose its "headquarters" status. Terribly underutilized is Concord. I suppose its too west for the NSWRU.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Really enjoyed the game at North Sydney today. Great ground to watch rugby in the winter sun. Well done to Norths.

Bit of advice for the SRU and Norths, if the Grand Final is being held there you need to improve the catering or there will he calls for it never to be held there again. Today made Allianz seem like the fastest service ever in comparison. No disrespect to the people serving but the set up is woefully inadequate for finals footy. There is only one food outlet.
Queue up at the canteen by the stadium entrance by the women's toilets where you can't see the game. Buy a ticket for the BBQ. Then join the queue for the BBQ. 40 minutes later after the two queues I got the BBQ for the kids but haven't seen a second of the game. Can I get a beer here? No that's a different queue. Where do I queue for that. In the shoreman bar or at the opposite side of the ground in the hill. Queue again. Terrible set up. They need more food outlets where you can actually see the game whilst you wait.

The people that queued 15-20mins in the BBQ queue to find out at the front that had to queue somewhere else to get a ticket were livid.

Great footy. Great ground but not yet set up for finals footy.
I love the old place watched Norths/Easts a few weeks ago its not great for watching rugby but you accept that for its ambience and location, its woefully inadequate for the season finale in its current catering set up.
Some mobile bars/food trucks must be used.
Maybe some buxom blonde beer wenches combing the stands??

drdave

Bob McCowan (2)
I love the old place watched Norths/Easts a few weeks ago its not great for watching rugby but you accept that for its ambience and location, its woefully inadequate for the season finale in its current catering set up.

You're absolutely right the catering - which is run by the council - isn't on song yet. But I'm pretty sure that feedback will get through to them. Fingers crossed they sort it out, because it was a fantastic day out there. Great atmosphere and great footy.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I must admit I was amused to hear Cam Shepherd refer viewers to the NSWRU website for details about the GF during today's TV coverage. The website hasn't carried any information about anything to do with the SS except the results (eventually) for weeks.

drdave

Bob McCowan (2)
I must admit I was amused to hear Cam Shepherd refer viewers to the NSWRU website for details about the GF during today's TV coverage. The website hasn't carried any information about anything to do with the SS except the results (eventually) for weeks.

Agreed. Does the NSWRU pay attention to the SS? Latest news doesn't exactly have much in the way of SS news, and the only new info on the SS tab are the scores. Pretty poor IMHO. The grassroots is where this game is built. http://www.nswrugby.com.au/News.aspx

drdave

Bob McCowan (2)

Word is that there will definitely be more bars and food stands open for the GF.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Does anyone.anyone .. see an issue with teams playing final on their homeground? Uni are having a golden run as usual.
Which bring me to the GF. Why at North Sydney oval, Norths could be there, when did Concord lose its "headquarters" status. Terribly underutilized is Concord. I suppose its too west for the NSWRU.
I remember all the corruption associated with Concord, prison sentence as I remember. Being to the east of the ground will give you a migraine looking into the setting sun, but yes, there should be no home ground advantage. Some other place...
But when you say "uni having a golden run as usual", do you imply some unfair advantage or bias? I know people like to sing "anyone but Uni". but as I have said repeatedly, we payed our dues, almost going under in 2nd grade, and then worked out how to get smart and achieve. Rather than tearing us down for that, why not keep aspiring the same as we did?
If that is what you you meant...

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Agreed. Does the NSWRU pay attention to the SS? Latest news doesn't exactly have much in the way of SS news, and the only new info on the SS tab are the scores. Pretty poor IMHO. The grassroots is where this game is built. http://www.nswrugby.com.au/News.aspx
Yep - bloody hopeless performance all around. From my experience of Rugby at this time, as a Coach, parent, and observer, the people responsible for running the show are either genuine bloody legends running the front gate and getting the BBQ to work, or the self important elite who ponce around wearing their NSW rugby spray jackets, selecting, adjudicating, promoting each other, and adding nothing to the grass roots except their own, aforementioned, self importance.
I am so disappointed with our current Rugby culture, and do not know how to contribute to fix it because so much of what I meet while trying is probably best described as "I can piss higher than you!"

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I've posted some criticism of Bill Pulver in the past (which I don't retract), but I was impressed (a little bit) to see him sitting with the punters at Forshaw on Saturday and not seeking or expecting any special treatment.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I've posted some criticism of Bill Pulver in the past (which I don't retract), but I was impressed (a little bit) to see him sitting with the punters at Forshaw on Saturday and not seeking or expecting any special treatment.

They've shown him on TV a few times this year when Easts have been playing. Looks like just another father there to watch his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.