• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hows this for such a small geographic area - all 3 played their junior rugby in Manly;
  1. Super Rugby Rookie of the year - Reece Hodge.
  2. Melborne rebels Rookie of the year - Reece
  3. RUPA new comer of the year - Reece
  4. Spirit of Weary Dunlop - Jordy Reid
  5. Peoples Choice award - Jordy
  6. John Eales Medal - Michael Hoooper
  7. Rupa's Peoples Choice - Hoops
  8. Matt Burke cup players player - Hoops
  9. 2016 Tahs members choice - Hoops
Fair bag of awards there - Marlins.

gkd1169

Chris McKivat (8)
Do we have a season draw yet? It's December, surely it's done by now.

Interesting pouint there. I have just got wind that the clubs are pissed off that the competition manager was allowed to go on leave without the draft draw for 2017 being completed. More proof that Sydney Rugby couldnt run a chook raffle.
Heads should roll over this one.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Interesting pouint there. I have just got wind that the clubs are pissed off that the competition manager was allowed to go on leave without the draft draw for 2017 being completed. More proof that Sydney Rugby couldnt run a chook raffle.

Maybe we need a restructure of the admin in NSW....no wait, we just did that, but I don't believe the Sydney RU got a mention. Hope it still exists, it's been so so effective :rolleyes:

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)

Why?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Assuming,zero work on next years draw commenced prior to this years GF,and pretending there was zero IP retained on what is required to produce a draw.
What other duties would a competition manager have,that would preclude him from completing a draw in the 18 weeks that have passed since this years comp was completed?

Edit: I'm not intending to criticise the individual, clearly there is a disconnect in the process.
It's more likely to me that the approval process is the issue.
If it's not approved initially then the dissenting board members should be more actively engaged in sorting out the issues .
18 weeks after the comp finishes and still no resolution, is not satisfactory IMO.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Joint training session between Norths and
Penrith to be held at Penrith.

Well done to both sides, this is not just a benefit to Penrith, but to the Shute Shield.

This is what club rugby is about.

Absolutely. A great pity that this sort of effort is not far more widespread. We will either prosper together, or we will die alone.

gkd1169

Chris McKivat (8)
Absolutely. A great pity that this sort of effort is not far more widespread. We will either prosper together, or we will die alone.

Interesting note on this. Simon Cron has signed 4 ex penrith players. Is he just doing this to make himself feel better?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting note on this. Simon Cron has signed 4 ex penrith players. Is he just doing this to make himself feel better?

I believe Simon Cron is having a consultancy/floating coach role why he coaches the Aus 20s. Did he sign anyone?

T

TOCC

Draw to come out in a few weeks, and SRU have shifted the SS GF so that it overlaps with Rd 1 of the NRC..

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
^^^^^^^
If true,it's difficult to support that decision.
It will be interesting to hear the argument in support of such a provocative gesture.

Status
Not open for further replies.