• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesD

Bob McCowan (2)
I was hoping you guys could help put me in the right direction on a couple of fronts, I am looking for materials that give a complete history of the Shute Shield and it's clubs that aren't on wikipedia. A feature of our broadcasts is that we are looking to tell the story of each of the 12 clubs during the season and I want to get across everything possible about each club (history, rivalries, famous alumni etc)

Also each week after the games we are doing a half hour post game show called "The Clubhouse" where we are going to give the scores and updates of all the other games of the day. We're seeking to have somebody call us with a report of each of the other games from the grounds (e.g this week someone at Penrith, Rat Park, Coogee and Forshaw)
Would anyone on here be willing to put their hand up or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was hoping you guys could help put me in the right direction on a couple of fronts, I am looking for materials that give a complete history of the Shute Shield and it's clubs that aren't on wikipedia. A feature of our broadcasts is that we are looking to tell the story of each of the 12 clubs during the season and I want to get across everything possible about each club (history, rivalries, famous alumni etc)

Also each week after the games we are doing a half hour post game show called "The Clubhouse" where we are going to give the scores and updates of all the other games of the day. We're seeking to have somebody call us with a report of each of the other games from the grounds (e.g this week someone at Penrith, Rat Park, Coogee and Forshaw)
Would anyone on here be willing to put their hand up or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Theres a book "Guardians of the Game" which is a little more general but includes coverage of the clubs, IIRC.
PM me if you need some help finding a copy

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
I did!!!
And thank you for doing eggs to order :)
It was bloody good. Best so far this year lads!

Well done Parra - Gristle chewer is hard to please as he usually prefers his eggs fertilised.
As always, a great day at Parra - excellent hospitality and the boys were kind enough to let Randwick win...

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

You should be able to get the scores from Twitter.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It is my melancholy duty to tell you that there has been a stuff up with the artificial turf at Woollahra - won't be ready until june in consequence.

qaz

Allen Oxlade (6)
It is my melancholy duty to tell you that there has been a stuff up with the artificial turf at Woollahra - won't be ready until june in consequence.

I'm sure im speaking for everyone here....
What does that mean re games.. Where will Easts play home games?

red son

Frank Nicholson (4)

Hi JulesD
One of my great interests is Sydney club rugby, but one of the problems you face is that there is nowhere (to my knowledge) where it is all consolidated in one spot. There is no history of clubs in one volume as there is for league and AFL.

There are books on the history of some individual clubs and of course their own websites (and of course the dreaded wikipedia).

There have been something like 30 clubs in the competition since 1900. And only 4 of the original 8 district clubs are still there.

Sydney Shute Shield Clubs (that are still there) that have had books published about them: are Easts, Gordon, Eastwood, Syd Uni, Wests, and most recently Manly. I can give you the name of the books if you are interested.

Not sure if this helps. Good luck.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Well done Parra - Gristle chewer is hard to please as he usually prefers his eggs fertilised.
As always, a great day at Parra - excellent hospitality and the boys were kind enough to let Randwick win.

Two Blues BBQ also got the thumbs up from Poido ( made my day) I remember watching him in the late 80's . What a machine.

Really impressed that Simon Poidevin is still involved in the Wix and
Club Rugby.( also like that he appreciates fine food)

Having a thumbs up from Poido, Gristlechewer loving his eggs. Was a good day The only thing missing was the win.

I guess I will have to wait till our meeting in round four to get that back

Look forward to hosting the Wix again, was a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.