• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Time has come for Penrith to be disbanded and the players can drift to the multiple surrounding subbies clubs such as Blue Moutains, Western Sydney Uni and Hawkesbury Valley. When they can only field two grade and 2 colts teams the end needs to be merciless. A 9 team Shute shield with a bye giving players some rest through a long Shute shield season would have some support. I'd then have promotion/relegation with Div 1 subbies as a team with depth, preparation and financial clout like Colleagues or Mosman may also give a better account of themselves than potentially Gordon if given the opportunity.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not saying you're wrong but replacing Penrith with Mosman would save the CEO a lot of petrol, have you seen the parking at Rawson Oval? Barely get a Range Rover in there........

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Launched the Marin burgers today - dam fine feed.

Tummy Carter chalked up 200 games today - mighty fine effort when he's already had 70 odd at the Tahs.

Been a battle since 1906 - 200 games V uni, the teams of 1906.

View attachment 9102

Just saw this, also made his grade debut against Manly as well, quit fitting his 200th game, and the 200th game the teams have played against each other

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Amazing stuff, Dave. I wonder how many of those young men in that first game ended up dying on the battlefields in the Great War?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So, we look to be cutting a franchise. Which is just.........yeah! Honestly, at this point in time if the clubs were able to organise a structure similar to what they are doing with the Major League Rugby concept in the USA and it was to include the cut franchise or some iteration of it. I'd be all for it.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
I think it is great to see.
Now hardened grade players that have served an apprentiship, earned a call up, rather than 20 year old rockstars who haven't played much premier rugby at all.
Perfectly summed up. Sick of young blokes (however talented they may be) being thrown straight into super games and shitting their pants because it's not so easy anymore. Surely SOME time in grade - whether it's 3 games or 2 seasons to sharpen their craft in a more physical and much quicker atmosphere makes them better players. I point to Reece Hodge as a perfect example of this

Status
Not open for further replies.