• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great day at Bowral, apparently.

And another great win by the Shoremen, although they did their best to throw it away.

18 straight. I wonder what the record is?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great afternoon down at Manly Oval today. A win to the Marlins 26-17 I think in the end. Easts scored two tries in the last 5 minutes to make it closer than it looked.

Great to George Smith and Peter Hewat down on the sideline on the tennis court side of the ground quietly watching the game with their mates.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
After 3 rounds?
You can back both Norths & Rats with me :)
I'm hoping Souths will drift another point or two, so I can back them.
Their burgers are better than most, as well!

Rats not such a sure thing...! Went down to the Woods today 21-36. Two tries to the Rats in the last 7 minutes made it look more even than it was - only on 11 points till then. A convincing win away from home for the Woods, and that makes four wins away from home in a row. Grantd one of those games was v Penrith, but the others weren't gimmies by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

front row lova

Bob McCowan (2)
Was a great game today at concord. Caught a glimpse of allan Ala'alatoa today at the game great to see him support the club he played for growing up. They would have loved him out there in the scrum to contain that bloody behemoth tighthead they got at Penrith that was causing tightheads and penalties at scrumtime. Great to see the Pirates win, onward and upwards fellas!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great afternoon down at Manly Oval today. A win to the Marlins 26-17 I think in the end. Easts scored two tries in the last 5 minutes to make it closer than it looked.

Great to George Smith and Peter Hewat down on the sideline on the tennis court side of the ground quietly watching the game with their mates.

I remember George Smith turning up at the SFS on Grand Final day to support the Manly Twos in their game. Cannot remember whether or not they won, though. We lost in the Ones. Against Camperdown, to make matters worse, with Dave Brockhoff (bless him) braying in the background.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
On a brief watching of the Corp v Norths the gap between superugby and SS was very obvious.
Simoni was head and shoulders above the rest, including his opposite TC, and yet he did nothing at Super level - which might not have been entirely his fault based on their subsequent performances.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Too harsh IS.

Simoni went well in the trials playing outside of Foley, but not well outside of Hegarty, who incidentally only just looks like a first grader in SS.
Don't judge SS standard by TC, he's probably the easiest assignment any 12 gets this year, as is confirmed by the clip earlier in this thread,when he is run over by a Rats lower grade player in last years semi.

I note that Norths club captain Will Miller had a MOM performance in his debut with the Rebels.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Too harsh IS.

Simoni went well in the trials playing outside of Foley, but not well outside of Hegarty,

Yes, I recognised that shortcoming in my observations; and I thought simoni looked fine in SS and was up to superugby last season.
But if so, why is Hegarty still in the Super system?
I suspect this is a great example of selection using the "shit this bloke is paid more than that bloke - I didn't contract him - but we can't have the higher paid player in SS"

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Marlins remembering them with Easts and the Allambie Jets;

1anzac-2-01e0ab8c08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.