• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Up the ante today - some great mexican being served by sponsor GUZMAN Y GOMEZ to the 3000 plus crowd down at the village green.

Whist the Marlin Burger was still enjoyed.

With cup cakes for the kids
ddd.jpg

Serve good food and enjoy the crowds;)

JulesD

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi everyone. As you may or may not know we have had a couple of issues in the last fortnight with our radio call being in the usual place, that has since been fixed. I personally saw that our equipment was overhauled tonight.

Next weekend we are calling Manly and Norths, while some have made note of the fact it isn't on TV I can assure of two things, 1) we are extremely excited to call this match live and 2) everything is working.

We'll have a replay during the week of Gordon vs Parramatta and next Saturday as well ahead of the Manly and Norths blockbuster, we'll do the game justice and I hope you can listen in if you are at the ground or not.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Well bugger me, there I was all settled in to watch an "uneven contest" as predicted, instead of a close game like Manly v Wicks , & bloody Wests ruined the day.
Channel 7(2) really stuffed up choosing this match.
How can this be good for our game?
LOL.

They had to get lucky sometime.
Still can't believe they aren't doing Manly v Norths next week -- could be the GF preview.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Enjoy your win mate!
Not my win mate.
That's not my point.
It's a win for Rugby in the West & for giving exposure & opportunity to the less fashionable clubs despite the naysayers who don't recognise that without these clubs ,their supporters & sponsors , we wouldn't have a competition.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Not my win mate.
That's not my point.
It's a win for Rugby in the West & for giving exposure & opportunity to the less fashionable clubs despite the naysayers who don't recognise that without these clubs ,their supporters & sponsors , we wouldn't have a competition.

Still jumping to conclusions, Done That.
I'm all for giving all clubs TV time (although I'm still not sure what benefit they get). My concern is deciding the first 7 games before the season starts. The same objective could have been achieved by deciding week-to-week whilst also making sure the top games weren't missed.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Still jumping to conclusions, Done That.
I'm all for giving all clubs TV time (although I'm still not sure what benefit they get). My concern is deciding the first 7 games before the season starts. The same objective could have been achieved by deciding week-to-week whilst also making sure the top games weren't missed.

Coach on that basis do you think the Woods v Wests game would have been broadcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Coach on that basis do you think the Woods v Wests game would have been broadcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not.
It was sheer luck that it turned out to be such a good game.
No one could really suggest that the people who decided to show the game way back in March knew what the game would be like.
I doubt many people even thought on the day that it would be an upset.
Selection of games is always going to be something of a lottery, but if you want to attract a good viewing audience you need to show the (expected) top games when available.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm not sure about the Marlin Burger or Steak Sandwich. I've had another one on Saturday and as per usual the steak was way too chewy.

Status
Not open for further replies.