• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Hoping to get to the GF, work is trouble and unsure if I will finish in time.

SS doing a lot right and me thinks that NSQ was a very clever choice of ground, it looks packed with 8 k, if they pull anything over 15 K the crowd will look huge.
Youre making me feel like I should go in your place.
Talking to non club rugby people they are amazed at how good Shute shield is compared to everything above it.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I reckon SS is filling a void, people have turned off the top 2 tiers, and are looking for something to support.
Happily, it turns out that it's entirely watchable :)

As an aside, does anyone know what has become of the secret that is the Catchpole medal?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I reckon SS is filling a void, people have turned off the top 2 tiers, and are looking for something to support.
Happily, it turns out that it's entirely watchable :)

As an aside, does anyone know what has become of the secret that is the Catchpole medal?

What about the Roden Cutler Shield?

The thing about the SS is that it is local to a large section of the population, it is cheap, and the standard of rugby is okay for entertainment value. Lots of running rugby, usually.

Plus there is a lot of history and tradition.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Eastwood pumped in second grade by uni. 51-14. Hill already full crowd pouring in. Sunny day and 4 pines on tap. Viva club rugby.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What about the Roden Cutler Shield?

The thing about the SS is that it is local to a large section of the population, it is cheap, and the standard of rugby is okay for entertainment value. Lots of running rugby, usually.

Plus there is a lot of history and tradition.

Its at Manly,

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It was great coverage. Atmosphere coming through on the broadcast was brilliant. How wonderful to see a capacity crowd and apparently more wanted to get in.

Great game on top of that.

The coverage will be better if it is to be shown on the main channel next season, as is rumoured.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I would hazard a guess the success of the SS GF is the location of North Sydney Oval. It is relatively easy to get to for all clubs (except Parra, Penrith and perhaps the Souths). When full it's a actually a decent stadium to watch the game.

Ive been to quite a few finals at Concord and what struck me was the average age at the Concord finals was closer to the upper end of the age scale. At yesterday's game it was predominantly younger with lots of families. It was great to see.

If the SS GF is held at North Sydney Oval again, I'd recommend they they open the Northern and Southern gates and Fence it off and put food stalls and bars at either end (with screens showing the game). As nostalgic as NSO is, the food and bar facilities are primitive with long queues.

As an aside, I took some soccer playing nephews to the game. They now want to play rugby next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.