• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

front row lova

Bob McCowan (2)
Forfiet, & Scores
This looks better this year - http://nswpremresults.fusesport.com/competitions.asp?compId=290196&id=433

I hope team lists also start getting put up before game day.

I went out to Nepean to watch the games. No games were forfeited, but all games were extremely physical with a number of Gordon players getting stretchered off in the lower grades.In saying that, Gordon gave it back to them. Set piece was dominated by Gordon in 4ths,3rds, and 2nds. Rorke's transition to tighthead is going well, he got a number of tightheads and penalties yesterday at scrumtime. Gordon looked great, some nice speed out wide, fijian boy was ripping them to shreds on the right side. Gordon's number 8 was impressive in his carries, and I enjoyed the scrum battle, fraser was his usual self, and their new tighthead impressive around the park. Fraser was looking really red after his scrums with fuamata, this fuamata certainly knows the dark arts well manipulating angles binds etc, weird to see in someone that started rugby very late in life,he must watch french rugby alot or something. When he went off penriths scrum went to the toilet so he was forced to come back on and play whole game. Penrith had a workhorse in their number 5 Liam Winton, carries tackles you name it. Gordon had it over them in the lineout. Penrith looks improved and I'm sure everyone in the rugby community is wishing them well for the season ahead. Wowwww what about Manly though! Great to have Shute Shield on again!

front row lova

Bob McCowan (2)
There was one late tackle but the others just physicality. Poor bloke in 4ths tried tackling penriths big prop who had a big run up and was on floor for ten minutes. luckily he got up, and is defnitely a trooper, touch blokes those highlanders...I know another got 6 broken ribs hope he gets better.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
I went out to Nepean to watch the games. No games were forfeited, but all games were extremely physical with a number of Gordon players getting stretchered off in the lower grades.In saying that, Gordon gave it back to them. Set piece was dominated by Gordon in 4ths,3rds, and 2nds. Rorke's transition to tighthead is going well, he got a number of tightheads and penalties yesterday at scrumtime. Gordon looked great, some nice speed out wide, fijian boy was ripping them to shreds on the right side. Gordon's number 8 was impressive in his carries, and I enjoyed the scrum battle, fraser was his usual self, and their new tighthead impressive around the park. Fraser was looking really red after his scrums with fuamata, this fuamata certainly knows the dark arts well manipulating angles binds etc, weird to see in someone that started rugby very late in life,he must watch french rugby alot or something. When he went off penriths scrum went to the toilet so he was forced to come back on and play whole game. Penrith had a workhorse in their number 5 Liam Winton, carries tackles you name it. Gordon had it over them in the lineout. Penrith looks improved and I'm sure everyone in the rugby community is wishing them well for the season ahead. Wowwww what about Manly though! Great to have Shute Shield on again!

Not trying to belittle Penrith at all but I don't understand; the NSWRU results page lists the 3's and 4's at 0-28 to Gordon and are lists as non Comp games. what does it all mean?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not trying to belittle Penrith at all but I don't understand; the NSWRU results page lists the 3's and 4's at 0-28 to Gordon and are lists as non Comp games. what does it all mean?

Check the Penrith FB page, there's scores and video footage of the 3rds and 4ths.

Probably just a case of the well organised managers do the 1sts and 2nds, and the 3rds and 4ths managers haven't posted the scores yet.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure I read sometime back that the SRU have allowed Penrith to field only 2 grades this year.
So whilst 3/4's might have played, it's unofficial.
It will stop some clubs racking up 130 points against a depleted Riff lower grade team when injuries kick in.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hmm, all show, no go.
Just has scores, no scoring details,no team lists...
Two years ago, the website had both the current year details & at least the preceding years match details, if not two years.
Every time they 'enhance' the site,less information is displayed.

I'm hoping the extra details comes through, it sounds like it goes through rugby link and mgrs are trying to work it out.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure I read sometime back that the SRU have allowed Penrith to field only 2 grades this year.
So whilst 3/4's might have played, it's unofficial.
It will stop some clubs racking up 130 points against a depleted Riff lower grade team when injuries kick in.

That sounds like it's probably what happened.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Hmm, all show, no go.
Just has scores, no scoring details,no team lists...
Two years ago, the website had both the current year details & at least the preceding years match details, if not two years.
Every time they 'enhance' the site,less information is displayed.

Uni v Easts teams are up (click on > and then + sign) so I assume they will all be there eventually. Hopefully the scorers, player points and club championship standings will be there as well. I suspect the unpaid interns don't work on weekends.

qaz

Allen Oxlade (6)
What was happening in the Norths v Rats TV game where the play was stopped for a while late in the second half before Norths prop Luxton was allowed back on the field?
Was there a suggestion that the replacement was "tactical"?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
What was happening in the Norths v Rats TV game where the play was stopped for a while late in the second half before Norths prop Luxton was allowed back on the field?
Was there a suggestion that the replacement was "tactical"?

I think Norths wanted to bring Luxton back on, having already been replaced, but the comp rules state that all available replacements must be used before a previously replaced player can return to the field. The ref seemed to think that the player being replaced was not really injured.

qaz

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Norths wanted to bring Luxton back on, having already been replaced, but the comp rules state that all available replacements must be used before a previously replaced player can return to the field. The ref seemed to think that the player being replaced was not really injured.

Was he injured? It all seemed a bit convenient... just as the rats scrum started dominating the norths scrum close to the line, the replacement prop went down with an injury so the starter could come back on

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Was he injured? It all seemed a bit convenient. just as the rats scrum started dominating the norths scrum close to the line, the replacement prop went down with an injury so the starter could come back on
Who knows?
I think that's what the ref was querying. He thought it was just a cramp, but the player was being assisted to walk off.

Sent from my SM-J110F using Tapatalk

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Eastwood looked good today, they dominated the first half and didn't let Parra into their 22 through the first half except once. Parra have work to do.

Plus want to say a big thanks to everyone who has listened so far, plenty of great messages of support. Plus the Parramatta and Uni clubs have been champs hosting us.

Next week we have Wests and Norths, look forward to getting to Waratah Stadium

Got to say, I enjoyed that call. I was able to clear out the garage to the sound of the footy, win-win (I'm happy, wife's happy). Although the look I got when I told her I can listen to one game of Rugby and watch a totally different one, all on the same week, makes me think she isn't over the moon about it :)

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

That's not correct. A substituted prop can replace an injured prop even when there is a reserve prop as yet unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.