• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
My information is that they will be moving to Dural which is already part of there catchment area. Eastwood name will remain

That would seem to be a brave decision. "Hey, let's go to Eastwood's home game at Dural." If they do go any distance from Eastwood, they'd be better off rebranding as Woodies Rugby, hopefully not alienating any of their current fans. But I'm not sold on that idea.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
That would seem to be a brave decision. "Hey, let's go to Eastwood's home game at Dural." If they do go any distance from Eastwood, they'd be better off rebranding as Woodies Rugby, hopefully not alienating any of their current fans. But I'm not sold on that idea.

Sounds like the Two Blues aren't happy with Eastwood intruding ;)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sounds like the Two Blues aren't happy with Eastwood intruding ;)

To be honest, I don't know what the club's stance is. I don't speak for them, I am merely a fan. I don't even live in the district anymore (or Australia for that matter). I personally think Eastwood should be allowed to move anywhere they like within their district. But, as I've said, I don't speak for Parramatta Rugby.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As a matter of interest, when I first started toddling up to the old Eastwood Oval at a very young age to watch the Woodies get beaten, all the district clubs had specific territories. If you wanted to play for Gordon, for example, you had to reside in their district, as defined.

These days I imagine that young guys go to play for a club based on a lot of factors. Where they live might play a part, but only a part, I would guess.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Might be a good chance for Hills to separate from parra and join eastwood. More prospects for higher level rugby

How? There is no current affiliation system between subbies clubs and the Shute shield clubs.

The parra juniors are going from strength to strength having won the 12s as well as an older age group???? A lot of players in the system are from Hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Might be a good chance for Hills to separate from parra and join eastwood. More prospects for higher level rugby
Might also be the chance that some players ,who would normally go to Eastwood, will now find it tempting to go to other clubs ?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
For all the good that has come from Shute Shield in 2017 it is extremely disappointing to have the ex Norths coach and current Waratahs Forwards coach Simon Cron calling players from multiple clubs letting them know that they are greater chances of representative football at Norths.

If this is the game he plays the Waratahs should just get rid of the bloke now. The last thing we need in this day and age of Rugby Union in NSW & Australia.

gkd1169

Chris McKivat (8)
For all the good that has come from Shute Shield in 2017 it is extremely disappointing to have the ex Norths coach and current Waratahs Forwards coach Simon Cron calling players from multiple clubs letting them know that they are greater chances of representative football at Norths.

If this is the game he plays the Waratahs should just get rid of the bloke now. The last thing we need in this day and age of Rugby Union in NSW & Australia.
That is a pretty serious allegation

Sent from my SM-N916K using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Is this North's not experiencing what Uni and Randwick have experienced for so many years?

What blows my mind is that many Shute Shield folk champion a 3rd tier where the NSW representation isn't the Rays / Country / Rams but instead the 4 top placing SS sides, yet have a problem with this type of behaviour.

If we see a shift in the 3rd tier (NRC) to such a format then all the talent pursuing higher honours will simply filter to Manly / Norths / Randwick / Uni and the entire competition will die.

That being said, if Cron has told players this, shame on him. It serves to only destabilise the competition. I'm skeptical though (especially considering he wasn't overly Norths biased in his NRC coaching stint).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

That is passing off Randwick's intellectual property as belonging to Norths.
My god! what would happen if every team could make similar promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.