• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Dave I LOVE your passion but talking to you about anything that is even a little bit negative about manly is like bashing my head against a brick wall, not sure if you purposely deflect stuff or that’s just who you are..........let’s just say Manly are amazing at absolutely every aspect and leave it at that. Good day :)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Dave I LOVE your passion but talking to you about anything that is even a little bit negative about manly is like bashing my head against a brick wall, not sure if you purposely deflect stuff or that’s just who you are....let’s just say Manly are amazing at absolutely every aspect and leave it at that. Good day :)

Every club needs its diehard supporters.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dave I LOVE your passion but talking to you about anything that is even a little bit negative about manly is like bashing my head against a brick wall, not sure if you purposely deflect stuff or that’s just who you are....let’s just say Manly are amazing at absolutely every aspect and leave it at that. Good day :)

I thank you for the glowing praise, but you see I would love to have so many u13 - u18 playing rugby that every mini / junior club has a team playing up to that age group. So in Manly's space that is 5 clubs and there is work to do.
And yeah it s a challenge.

Our difference is whether Subbies should, or should not play a part in this, and whether that would strengthen or weaken Shute Shield rugby. Each area of Sydney has different market segments - I can not comment comfortably on others to praise, or criticise, but I can ask questions.

As for the Northern Beaches catchment that includes 2 Performing Shute Shield clubs there are 12 junior clubs (Manly 5 / Rats 7) and on a very quick scan i think 8 Subbies clubs playing in various divisions.
I don't think another subbies side will improve the rugby landscape on the Northern Beaches.
The Manly Roos, Harbord Harlequins, Seaforth Raiders sit in the Marlins House (Manly Savers subbies house) not on the front or back door step.
The Allambie Jets is only 5 years old and in the Marlins house.
Frenchs Forest has subbies in Forest Rugby and they sit the furthest away from Manly Oval.

As I said above I'd like to see so many u13 - u18 kids playing that each junior club has teams - work to do, yes.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Round 2 teams announced

https://rugbynews.net.au/28965-2/

Parramatta v Eastwood

Parramatta (1-15)

Brandon Fa’avae-Eli, Jordan Ieremia, Lafi Pongi, Seva Domoni, Tuitakau Kioa, James King, Adrian Musico, Andrew Vatuvei, Puka Malo, Hilton Gibbons, Delai Romulo, Niko Malo, Josh Tupuola, KJ Lam, Hayden Cole.

Eastwood (1-15)

Dean Doumbos, Edward Craig, Robert Lagudi, James Neale, Adam Campbell, Rhys Allen, Tom Murphy, Patrick Sio, Michael Snowden, Jackson Bird, Zachery Mackay, Blake Sutton, Pama Fou, Fabian Goodall, Liam Windon.

Gordon v Eastern Suburbs

Gordon (1-15)

Sean Dillon, Cody Blackhurst, Raven Nurse, Andrew Seton, Jack Margin, Nick Brown, Dylan Rowe, Talalelei Moli, Mike Kennedy, Pat Toeta, Kim Bateman, Sy Tevita, Alec Palmer, Sam Mete, Bill Freeman.

Eastern Suburbs (1-15)

Cody Walker, Connal McInerney, Ofa Fainga’anuku, Jack Digby, Ryan McCauley, Tim Buchanan, Rowan Perry, Lachie Pigott, Jack Grant, Mack Mason, Nemani Matiwera, Ned Yeomans, Sam Fogarty, Charlie Clifton, Cohan Guerra.

West Harbour v Southern Districts

West Harbour (1-15)

David Lolohea, Andrew Tuala, Nigel Vaifale, Paula Kaho, Albert Tuisue, Phil Potgieter, Jake Kay, Kelly Meafua, Dion Spice, Sam Malcolm, Justin Marsters, Benjamin Cotton, Graeme Kolomalu, Jack Sullivan, Kodie Drury-Hawkins.

Southern Districts (1-15)

Matt Gibbon, Liam Dwyer, Shambeckler Vui, Angus Ryan, Fili Tufui, Alex Perez, Conor Mitchell, Marcus Carbone, Eli Pilz, Bayley Kuenzle, Rowland-Keni Kotabalavu, Denny Godinet, William Latu, Christian Kagiassis, Jamie Verran.

Manly v Northern Suburbs

Manly (1-15)

Mokani Fuavao, James Hilterbrand, Alex Westgarth, Adrian Hall, Samuel Shires, Harry Bergelin, Kotoni Ale, Brad Hemopo, Tim Donlan, Nicolas Holton, Alex Northam, Kevin Fuavao, Dennis Pili-Gaitau, Mick Adams, Josh Turner.

Northern Suburbs (1-15)

Ezra Luxton, Sam Kitchen, Lawrence Hunting, Connor Vest, Hugh Sinclair, Leon Akopian, Gary Bautz, Patrick Tafa, Nick Duffy, Angus Sinclair, Angelo Leaupepe, Harrison Burey, Irae Simone, Richard Woolf, Sam Giltrap.

Warringah v Randwick

Warringah (1-15)

Baxter King, Luke Holmes, Harry Rorke, Sam Thomson, Potu Leavasa, Ruaridh Mackenzie, Maclean Jones, Sam Ward, Josh Holmes, Myles Dorrian, Harry Jones, Tyson Davis, Seb Wileman, Harley Attwater, Dave Feltscheer.

Randwick (1-15)

Kiernan Rabie, David Vea, Cameron Betham, Nick Kellaway, Tom Nowlan, Lewis Taie, Jack Hayson, Ikapote Tupai, Mitch Short, Bryan Croke, Christian Yasmin, Ben Starkey, Devon Stoltz, Latu Latinipalu, Andrew Kellaway.

Penrith v Sydney Uni

Penrith (1-15)

Lisiate Vaihu, Ezzekial Seia, Adrian Silva, Taunola Kei, Mike Tua, Halaliku Matangi, Hamish Milne, Willie Toala, Saia Fapuiaki, David Isopo, Kampo Sione, Talia Tuaau, Delroy Tapusi, Paulo Halaifonua, Campbell Hislop.

Sydney Uni (1-15)

Matt Sandell, Declan Moore, Wayne Borsak, Lachlan Swinton, Dave McDuling, Nick Champion de Crespigny, Hugh Summerhayes, Rohan O’Regan, Theo Strang, Daniel Poletto, James Kane, William McDonnell, Harry Potter, Guy Porter, Tim Clements.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
My point is if you don’t have a continuity between juniors and seniors club you are going to lose players. The manly Region Should be doing way more in this area to ensure that continuity

Manly have excellent continuity between seniors and juniors. The kids are all part of Manly and most go on to play colts for Manly.

I saw earlier on you made a comment that soccer, league and AFL were that dominant in this area. You must be kidding. Manly Warringah Football (Soccer) Association is huge and dwarfs any other code in the area.

I assume from your name and Southern Districts logo that you are from the other side of Sydney. The geographic area occupied by the Manly club is about a quarter of the northern beaches - in rugby terms the rest is Warringah. With a small population and a small area, there simply isn't the population to support more senior teams.

Not quite sure why you seem to have such a beef with Manly.

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Where to now for Penrith?
After 2 x rounds, their for and against - for all grades and colts teams - are as follows:
1st Grade:
For Against
7 159
2nd Grade:
For Against
7 241
3rd Grade:
For Against
10 200
4th Grade:
For Against
0 176
1st Colts:
For Against
26 199
2nd Colts:
For Against
7 150
3rd Colts:
For Against
38 50
(1 x win)

Its very sad to see this important club in Sydney’s outer western suburbs being consistently thrashed. I was down at Forshaw Park for Round 1 when they played Souths, and this is what I saw on the day:
  1. · Penrith players played multiple games – I counted at least 8-9 players who played 4th grade through to 2nd grade on the day
  2. · The fitness of all grades was well below the standard for Subbies (except 1st grade) let alone the SRU Competition; I understand that the club needs more assistance from the powers that be (money, guidance, etc) but seriously, you don’t need lots of money to get your players fit in order to play rugby (begs the question, what was Penrith doing over the summer?!) I lost count how many times scrums and lineouts were delayed (in the lower grades) as the Penrith forwards were walking back to the marks in order to form these restarts..
  3. · The Penrith elderly water boy (must have been in his 60s at least) pulled on the jersey and boots and played in both 3rd grade and 2nd grade; the Penrith team numbers were that low that he felt obligated to help out the lower grades – this was both admirable and crazy
  4. · In 2nd Grade, Penrith started with only 13 x players…
This is clearly not sustainable, and I cannot see Penrith lasting the season to be quite frank...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This is clearly not sustainable, and I cannot see Penrith lasting the season to be quite frank.
No, it's not sustainable and to be fair they haven't been sustainable for at least the last 3 seasons.

I'm actually quite surprised that the Penrith club haven't said to the powers that be; we can't continue in this competition.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Were there actually any games played this weekend?

Is there anyone active on this thread?

Last one out please turn off the lights.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I won't be able to give the full HJ service of results in all 4 grades plus progressive club championship standings, but results from yesterday:

Easts 52 def Gordon 0

Wests 33 def Souths 26

Norths 25 def Manly 21

Uni 97 def Penrith 0

Warringah 46 def Randwick 19

Eastwood 37 def Parramatta 12

I also noticed that Parra played at Lidcombe Oval yesterday - is this a permanent move or is something happening at Granville?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Penrith Grade ship 419 points and score 12. Average score 105-3
Penrith Colts ship 190 points and score 12. Average score 63-4 (which of course is impossible - rugby scores can't be negative, 1, 2, or 4).

Fark.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I won't be able to give the full HJ service of results in all 4 grades plus progressive club championship standings, but results from yesterday:

Easts 52 def Gordon 0

Wests 33 def Souths 26

Norths 25 def Manly 21

Uni 97 def Penrith 0

Warringah 46 def Randwick 19

Eastwood 37 def Parramatta 12

I also noticed that Parra played at Lidcombe Oval yesterday - is this a permanent move or is something happening at Granville?
Thanks QH,

With the exception of Penrith, the rest of the results look reasonably close. Hopefully we see a good contest at least between the other 11 sides.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Penrith Grade ship 419 points and score 12. Average score 105-3
Penrith Colts ship 190 points and score 12. Average score 63-4 (which of course is impossible - rugby scores can't be negative, 1, 2, or 4).

Fark.

Give em the point and make it 63-5.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thanks QH,

With the exception of Penrith, the rest of the results look reasonably close. Hopefully we see a good contest at least between the other 11 sides.

What's going on at Coogee? Warringah put 40 on them yesterday and last week they lost by 25 to Gordon (at Coogee Oval no less). Easts then beat Gordon 52-0 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.