• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
with the waratahs having a bye this week - im assuming majority tahs will play club rugby. and i reckon most of them will get plenty of game time apart from the superstars.

my son said that easts they are expecting every one of their tahs players to take the field, possibly even the odd 20 from KB (Kurtley Beale).

I believe souths will have rona, vui and holloway (if fit)

uni to have all of theirs apart from foley and izzy.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
with the waratahs having a bye this week - im assuming majority tahs will play club rugby. and i reckon most of them will get plenty of game time apart from the superstars.

my son said that easts they are expecting every one of their tahs players to take the field, possibly even the odd 20 from KB (Kurtley Beale).

I believe souths will have rona, vui and holloway (if fit)

uni to have all of theirs apart from foley and izzy.

Rugbynews only have the starting XV. Players with S15 minutes this season are Mack Mason, Rory O'Connor, Lachie Swinton, Stu Dunbar (Rebels), Sham Vui and Curtis Rona.

John Folau and Mitch Short are also playing but im not sure they have any S15 minutes despite being named in the match day 23.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Big game tomorrow. The Woodies hosting the Marlins.

Woods are looking brilliant this year. should be a cracker of the game.

Im absolutely pumped to head to chatswood oval tomorrow to see the rebels smash the stags. i think our team is looking super strong with the inclusion of sham and rona. tipping us to win quite comfortably.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hope there is a decent crowd at Chatswood. Love the ground, it is so depressing when it is virtually empty. Oh for the days when visiting teams always chose to run towards the north in the second half, to keep what used to be the crowd stronghold out of the game!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Woodies did their best to lose that. What a terrible performance. Well done Marlins, you will kill us at the Village. Our lineout is merde.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a great day at chatswood oval. we got thumped all day in all the grades (maybe not scoreline but certainly outplayed in every grade) but 1st grade was brilliant and im so glad we came away with the biscuits for that one.

a great game from beginning to end, gordon got off to a flying start until their fullback pulled a hammy after 15 mins, and when he went off and gordon had to reshuffle their backline, souths actually came back into it really well.

you could tell that was a first game for them as they made some mistakes, drop balls etc and clearly a lot of them are new to playing together. whereas our guys you could see they put their mistakes from last week in the past and were a lot better.

the game went for 88 minutes i think as gordon had constant ball in the last 10 mins with penalty after penalty but just cudnt get that winning try.

what a game. a large crowd too. their main stand above the bar was full or gordon, and the next stand near the field was full off souths and a few others. plus around the sides and near the scoredboard where they have vip = that was packed too.

great to see rona and vui play - rona scored and was good all day, vui was dominated by his opposition prop Rorke.

gordon had 3-4 very very good players. and i expect them to click more next week vs parra.

souths to go on winning :)

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
What a great day at chatswood oval. we got thumped all day in all the grades (maybe not scoreline but certainly outplayed in every grade) but 1st grade was brilliant and im so glad we came away with the biscuits for that one.

a great game from beginning to end, gordon got off to a flying start until their fullback pulled a hammy after 15 mins, and when he went off and gordon had to reshuffle their backline, souths actually came back into it really well.

you could tell that was a first game for them as they made some mistakes, drop balls etc and clearly a lot of them are new to playing together. whereas our guys you could see they put their mistakes from last week in the past and were a lot better.

the game went for 88 minutes i think as gordon had constant ball in the last 10 mins with penalty after penalty but just cudnt get that winning try.

what a game. a large crowd too. their main stand above the bar was full or gordon, and the next stand near the field was full off souths and a few others. plus around the sides and near the scoredboard where they have vip = that was packed too.

great to see rona and vui play - rona scored and was good all day, vui was dominated by his opposition prop Rorke.

gordon had 3-4 very very good players. and i expect them to click more next week vs parra.

souths to go on winning :)
How did the young fella from Gordon go .....J Walton hearing he can play

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
How did the young fella from Gordon go ...J Walton hearing he can play

He was ok, defensively very good. took rona down a few times and also stood up to our 12 and 13, but he got man handled a couple of times when he took the ball to the line. i heard he's only 18, he had some pretty silky touches.

gordon had a 13 and 2 wingers who were just sentational. the winger scored a great try and left our lads for dead every time he touched the ball.

i would not be surprised if they dont play each other again in finals. high quality players on both teams.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Oh how I hope that the corner has turned for the Highlanders.

as long as souths win, i dont care - but...... i think they have. i think they will beat a lot of teams this season. they won 6/7 saturday and immediately turned their attentions to going one better next week and looked very focused to be successful.

bignoofa

Allen Oxlade (6)
He was ok, defensively very good. took rona down a few times and also stood up to our 12 and 13, but he got man handled a couple of times when he took the ball to the line. i heard he's only 18, he had some pretty silky touches.

gordon had a 13 and 2 wingers who were just sentational. the winger scored a great try and left our lads for dead every time he touched the ball.

i would not be surprised if they dont play each other again in finals. high quality players on both teams.
Yes he is young 18 maybe just 19 this year, good on him central coast product

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I notice in the SMH today that Terrigal 1sts 36 beat Kariong 10.
They also had wins in 2nds, Presidents Cup, Colts and womens.
Well done Terrigal.

No mention anywhere of the Shute Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.