• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Need your final round Analysis QH.

Current standings show that there are 7 teams in contention for the top 6:

Warringah 62 (+95)
Eastwood 62 (+152)
Syd Uni 59 (+266)
Norths 52 (+74)
Easts 47 (+30)
Manly 46 (-21)
Gordon 44 (+70)

then follow:

Randwick 37 (+25)
Souths 32 (-83)
Wests 29 (-111)
WSTB 12 (-329)

Games for next week:

Easts v Eastwood at Woollahra
Norths v Randwick at NSO
Souths v Warringah at Forshaw
Wests v Uni at Concord
WSTB v Gordon at Lidcombe
Manly BYE

I would expect the top 4 (in bold) to win each of the above games and thus remain unchanged (although bonus points could cause Warringah and Eastwood to swap).

Gordon should beat WSTB moving them to either 48 or 49 and secure a spot. (Dependant on Easts losing and whether or not Manly get points for the BYE)

The question then remains - do Manly get points for the BYE? I recall that early in the season there was some discussion about this but I can't recall what the position is. If Manly get points for the BYE then they are in and Easts are out (unless Easts beat Eastwood). If Manly get points for the BYE then they are guaranteed 5th or 6th regardless of other results.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Current standings show that there are 7 teams in contention for the top 6:

Warringah 62 (+95)
Eastwood 62 (+152)
Syd Uni 59 (+266)
Norths 52 (+74)
Easts 47 (+30)
Manly 46 (-21)
Gordon 44 (+70)

then follow:

Randwick 37 (+25)
Souths 32 (-83)
Wests 29 (-111)
WSTB 12 (-329)

Games for next week:

Easts v Eastwood at Woollahra
Norths v Randwick at NSO
Souths v Warringah at Forshaw
Wests v Uni at Concord
WSTB v Gordon at Lidcombe
Manly BYE

I would expect the top 4 (in bold) to win each of the above games and thus remain unchanged (although bonus points could cause Warringah and Eastwood to swap).

Gordon should beat WSTB moving them to either 48 or 49 and secure a spot. (Dependant on Easts losing and whether or not Manly get points for the BYE)

The question then remains - do Manly get points for the BYE? I recall that early in the season there was some discussion about this but I can't recall what the position is. If Manly get points for the BYE then they are in and Easts are out (unless Easts beat Eastwood). If Manly get points for the BYE then they are guaranteed 5th or 6th regardless of other results.

Manly get points for the bye. They are in

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Hi there - can anyone share an extract from he law book that gave Wests the penalty after the bell yesterday.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Wrong question Dave.
How the fuck were they within reach at that stage of the game?
Marlins better hope that Easts win next week.
Marlins only hope of getting through week 1 of finals, is if they draw the Rats, and hope emotion can get them through.
Cos form won’t.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wrong question Dave.
Marlins only hope of getting through week 1 of finals, is if they draw the Rats, and hope emotion can get them through.
Cos form won’t.

Wests are always a difficult team to play, but still 2 games from the semis you'd like to think that a team chasing a semis spot would put them away.

I haven't seen that many Manly games this year, but in the ones that I have seen the common theme is that we've played some fantastic rugby but never of 80 minutes. Too many games lost either giving up a lead or giving the opposition a head start.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Wrong question Dave.
Cos form won’t.

Yes - I know - easy fix, play 80 minutes.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
Nothing will change in this regard until Shute Shield is willing to address it's structure. You need to remember it is identical to Suburban Rugby. The difference is Subbies has no pretensions of catering to the best players.

If you want to be treated as professionals then you have to look professional. If you maintain whole lot of social teams in the same competition as near-Sup Rugby quality players then people outside your devotees (and those are the ones that need convincing) will not take you seriously.

I love Shute Shield as it is. But if you want to change the way you are seen, then you have to be willing to change.

Can you explain this further? I'm at a loss to understand what you mean.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi there - can anyone share an extract from he law book that gave Wests the penalty after the bell yesterday.

Law 9.7 - Unfair play.
Can’t carry or throw ball into touch intentionally

Should have kicked it out but he carried it over the dead ball line.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Law 9.7 - Unfair play.
Can’t carry or throw ball into touch intentionally

Should have kicked it out but he carried it over the dead ball line.

It wasnt carried into touch. He was chased into the in goal. I've since been told it was an error by the ref - I can cop that, we all make them.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I was standing 5m from him as he jogged nonchalantly through the in-goal area and then out the back

Status
Not open for further replies.