• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
WSTB win 4 out of 6 including First Grade and First Grade Colts. How's your 'clean sweep' going Gentle?
Ladies day at Souths this weekend, should be a cracking day and hopefully a clean sweep in all grades and colts vs 2blues. hoping the issues with our 4th grade have been fixed and they can all get back to just playing rugby.

lets go souths!

should be some good games across the fixtures in shute though.

Wests to beat Gordon on back to west day
Norths to beat uni
rats to beat randwick
Eastwood to beat Easts in a close one

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dominance from the Uni front row, a penalty on about 85% of their own feeds I'd say. Really stopped Norths from stringing consistent passages of play together.
I only watched it on my phone. But thought it was a pretty entertaining game. Uni lucky to get an intercept try when North's were on attack. And North's got a penalty try for Uni collapsing a mall evened it up.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I only watched it on my phone. But thought it was a pretty entertaining game. Uni lucky to get an intercept try when North's were on attack. And North's got a penalty try for Uni collapsing a mall evened it up.
Uni probably had the run of the green from the referee but they defended very well and Norths never really looked in it till the last 5.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, Norths well beaten I thought. They struggled to get over the gain line consistently and didn't turn the Uni defence around enough. Their scrum was getting dominated too, which never helps.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anyone know if what Cameron Shepherd said on 7's coverage about Theo Strang signing with Panasonic Wild Knights is confirmed? Is it Strang or someone else from Uni that has signed and played their last game on Saturday before leaving?

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
WSTB win 4 out of 6 including First Grade and First Grade Colts. How's your 'clean sweep' going Gentle?

Very well deserved blakers13. I watched all the games and your fellas wanted it a lot more than ours. a brilliant victory at the end in 1s as well. congratulations to the lads. i hold my hand up and say for all the bashing ive been giving, that was well done.

were still 3rd. and your still bottom. so normal services continue - for now. (until im proved wrong again)

ps well done to your colts too.

S

Show-n-go

Very well deserved blakers13. I watched all the games and your fellas wanted it a lot more than ours. a brilliant victory at the end in 1s as well. congratulations to the lads. i hold my hand up and say for all the bashing ive been giving, that was well done.

were still 3rd. and your still bottom. so normal services continue - for now. (until im proved wrong again)

ps well done to your colts too.

Did we underestimate the two blues and rested some players or did we just have a few injuries?

Noticed our team list was a bit different to normal

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
Did we underestimate the two blues and rested some players or did we just have a few injuries?

Noticed our team list was a bit different to normal

I did ask about that, certainly didnt rest any players, although apparently a handful of players unavailable or injured. kuenzle was playing for brumby runners in a friendly vs japan A. and then the rest have injuries/niggles

its seems a lot of injuries/unavailables going around at the moment - easts were missing 6-7 through injury or tahs. uni seem to have a handful missing, norths with 7-8 out looks very different with their players injured/unavailable, gordon seem to be missing a gutful as well from their 1s and 2s

but you have to hold your hands up and play with the cards your given so credit where credit is due to all

Status
Not open for further replies.