• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Agreed! On top of that their halves have gone off the boil too. I’m assuming Duffy/Noonan injuried?
Duffy’s been coming off the bench so they obviously have a preference for Dowsett. Dowsett’s service has been very slow of late (not all on him if his runners aren’t organised) and I feel Duffy could provide a spark. Sinclair also hasn’t been as good as he was a couple of seasons ago and they look pretty disorganised in attack.

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not a big fan of Dowsett. I remember his return match on TV with the commentators raving about his stint in the UK and Brumbies. He had a shocker. Think they should've stuck with Duffy.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Congrats to both award winners Hamish Angus & Mark Gerard.

Any crowd predictions for Saturday?

I’m tipping a gate of 7k and a Uni, Rats GF.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Player points - looking at our team for tommorrow Pat Tafa is on 9 points due to australian 20s yet i see Matt Mctaggart from Randwick is on 2 points from the same team.? How are the points calculated and are there limits / do they mean anything anyway?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
3 Eastwood greats will retire at the end of this season:
Mick Snowden
Rhys Allen
James Neale
Great club players that will be missed.

There's a wonderful article in today's SMH about Nick White. Lachie McCaffrey claims credit for inveigling him to our club when he was a bit of a straggler with the Brumbies, and he set the SS on fire, leading quickly to a lot more exposure and a Test cap in relatively short time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's a wonderful article in today's SMH about Nick White. Lachie McCaffrey claims credit for inveigling him to our club when he was a bit of a straggler with the Brumbies, and he set the SS on fire, leading quickly to a lot more exposure and a Test cap in relatively short time.

Nic White's 2011 season (along with Eastwood as a whole) remains the most dominant performance I've seen in the Shute Shield.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Think the SRU will get bitten on the bum holding the game at Parra on Sat. Can't see the massive Rats crowd travelling and Uni don't have the biggest supporter base. Was going to attend with the junior crashies but won't get there in time wrt kids sport etc etc. a shame really.
North Syd oval looked pretty full for the bulk of the arvo - would be surprised if the crowd was less that 10k.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Think the SRU will get bitten on the bum holding the game at Parra on Sat. Can't see the massive Rats crowd travelling and Uni don't have the biggest supporter base. Was going to attend with the junior crashies but won't get there in time wrt kids sport etc etc. a shame really.
North Syd oval looked pretty full for the bulk of the arvo - would be surprised if the crowd was less that 10k.
I went to North Sydney last year and wouldn't have bothered if it was there this year. View was poor and I have up in the beer lines. Bankwest is a magnificent stadium. I hope people drop their anti Westy preducises and enjoy a proper place to watch at a proper rectangular field. If not, their loss

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
I'll be out there Saturday but my view is this is is the type of game that should be played at Leichhardt Oval; it's not too big, is square and with the hill you maintain some of the family-friendlyness you get at the suburban grounds.

North Sydney does have a good romance about it but the view of the field isn't great those bench seats aren't too friendly on your backside after a few hours.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We keep on bloviating about the importance of western Sydney, yet when we have a golden opportunity to showcase the best of grassroots rugby we worry about having to put a bit of effort in to get to what is, by all accounts, a wonderful venue that happens to be in the demographic centre of our city, or near enough.

It is not surprising, and it tells us a bit about why our game struggles with, and at, the grass roots. We, the relatively privileged, do not actually care much about the grass roots when it all comes down to it.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
We keep on bloviating about the importance of western Sydney, yet when we have a golden opportunity to showcase the best of grassroots rugby we worry about having to put a bit of effort in to get to what is, by all accounts, a wonderful venue that happens to be in the demographic centre of our city, or near enough.

It is not surprising, and it tells us a bit about why our game struggles with, and at, the grass roots. We, the relatively privileged, do not actually care much about the grass roots when it all comes down to it.

I thought it was fairly obvious that all the posturing about West. Syd. was all bullshit. How many games did the Two Blues get on 7 this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.