• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A couple of locks stood tall in the Norths/South's game. Don't know their names or backgrounds, but the No 5 and No 19 for South's both were big units and looked to play with physicality while the blond haired lock for Norths was quite skillful. Surely there are some running around who could be of interest to the Tahs?

Maybe they are not interested in playing for the Tahs? That lock who turned out occasionally for the Rebels, Ha'angana, was a Randwick product. Looked okay for me, but did not seem to get many minutes.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Manly lost to the 'Wicks yesterday and I haven't yet caught up with any commentary on the game.
However in pre-game publicity it was announced that coach Matt McGoldrick had selected 13 players with a Manly Colts background, including some young guys to give exposure to the big time.
A welcome investment in the future.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Caught the end of Norths and Southern. We looked dangerous with ball in hand, Harry Burey has been excellent for us for many years and has been on fire this season. Our second and back rowers are all very mobile with great hands which means we often convert our breakouts into points.

Wicks and Easts look dangerous with a host of Super players back in the fold. It looks at this point like the title contenders are Norths, Wicks, Easts and Gordon. Although Gordon are top of the ladder, they’ve not had the same number of players return from Super duties so I think they’ll fade.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Maybe they are not interested in playing for the Tahs? That lock who turned out occasionally for the Rebels, Ha'angana, was a Randwick product. Looked okay for me, but did not seem to get many minutes.

Not quite sure what you are saying. Esei has been signed with the Rebels since School boys. I dont thing the Tahs were chasing him at the time. IMO he is lucky to be still where he is. 1 Start in 5 years,

Needs to develop some mongrel and a few more kegs

SeasonTeamGamesStartsSubMinsTriesConsPensDropsPointsYelRed
2017 Rebels 5 0 5 48 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2018 Rebels 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2019 Rebels 2 0 2 27 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2020 Rebels 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2020 AU Rebels 4 1 3 98 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Total111101730000000

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not quite sure what you are saying. Esei has been signed with the Rebels since School boys. I dont thing the Tahs were chasing him at the time. IMO he is lucky to be still where he is.

I suppose what I was saying was that he looked to me to be worth consideration: I did not know his background in any depth, nor did I know how long he has been around. I assumed he was a young fella. Clutching at straws. Mind you I don't think the rosiest Tahs supporter would claim that we are overflowing in the lock department, in fact our forwards strength is an embarrassment for what should be the strongest franchise in the nation.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I suppose what I was saying was that he looked to me to be worth consideration: I did not know his background in any depth, nor did I know how long he has been around. I assumed he was a young fella. Clutching at straws. Mind you I don't think the rosiest Tahs supporter would claim that we are overflowing in the lock department, in fact our forwards strength is an embarrassment for what should be the strongest franchise in the nation.

That was my point Wamb. Looks like there were a couple or three likely lads playing lock yesterday. Are they up to, or have the potential to, play Super Rugby? Are the Tahs interested in any of them?

I was also impressed with the Southern No 8. Again, played with a lot of physicality. Anyone enlighten me about him?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Although Gordon are top of the ladder, they’ve not had the same number of players return from Super duties so I think they’ll fade.

I'm not so sure about that. They showed some class against Uni. Dempsey & Walton are the right kind of inclusions.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That was my point Wamb. Looks like there were a couple or three likely lads playing lock yesterday. Are they up to, or have the potential to, play Super Rugby? Are the Tahs interested in any of them?

I was also impressed with the Southern No 8. Again, played with a lot of physicality. Anyone enlighten me about him?

Eastwood have got two or three pretty handy forwards, too.

COX'S ROUTE

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well Matt, if you are reading this and can work some magic and get 2 tickets - please PM me

I am led to believe that whatever allocation went on sale to the public (including Warringah supporters) sold out in a matter of minutes.. Fuck this Covid