• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
You could be right about Eastwood. Uni has really looked without direction this season. Their defensive structures in particular have looked suspect. I though Nick Champion de Crespigny put in a good shift and left it all out there. It was a fun game, made even better by my boys getting over the line :)

I actually think Warringah did them a favour.

If it works the way I think it does, Norths wont play Gordon until the final.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
score?
also what are the semis next weekend as a result?
Eastwood 29 Easts 20.
The Intrust Super Shute Shield is wide open with Gordon to meet Easts and Eastwood taking on Norths in next weekend’s sudden-death qualifiers to decide the grand final teams. (NSWRU press release)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Wam, they are good, very good. Grand final worthy

Very good chance of making the big dance -

Honestly, they really surprised me. Then again, I have not seen much of them this year, for obvious reasons (we live a long way from the old stamping grounds, and in another state). But I did watch the previous game against the Beasts, and we just scraped a very unimpressive win. But the way that the forwards went yesterday, if they can keep that up they will give every other side a fight for sure. (BTW, a relative of mine is very close to the team, and he did not expect a win!!)

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Honestly, they really surprised me. Then again, I have not seen much of them this year, for obvious reasons (we live a long way from the old stamping grounds, and in another state). But I did watch the previous game against the Beasts, and we just scraped a very unimpressive win. But the way that the forwards went yesterday, if they can keep that up they will give every other side a fight for sure. (BTW, a relative of mine is very close to the team, and he did not expect a win!!)

It was a very enjoyable game, Edmed needs to learn how to kick a field goal when you are up by 14 with only a few minutes to play.

It wont surprise me if these 2 teams meet in the finals.

(A relative of mine who played them, rated them as seriously good)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
My relative said much the same thing, a possible Easts/Woodies final. It has been a great comp so far, all things considered!

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It was a very enjoyable game, Edmed needs to learn how to kick a field goal when you are up by 14 with only a few minutes to play.

It wont surprise me if these 2 teams meet in the finals.

(A relative of mine who played them, rated them as seriously good)

Are there any replays? I couldn't catch the game after the NZ/AU game.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Norths 24 Uni 22
Gordon 15 Randwick 14
Easts 20 Eastwood 29

Uni & Randwick go out

Semi Final

Gordon V Easts @ 1:30 pm Saturday 24th Rat Park - Livestreamed on Cluch TV
Norths V Eastwood @ 3:00 pm Sunday 25th Rat Park - on 7Two and 7Plus

Anyone able to confirm that Saturday time? Its on the SS facebook page and also on Fusesport