• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
First penalty Woods are about to push over and Goddard runs in and takes out the 8. Should have been a penalty try then and there. Instead, we got 10 more minutes of resets.

Depends if you feel Sio had his hands on it already or not. Looked like he'd just put his hands on the ball so fair game... but he (Goddard) might have jumped the gun.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Depends if you feel Sio had his hands on it already or not. Looked like he'd just put his hands on the ball so fair game. but he (Goddard) might have jumped the gun.
I think that one Goddard was fine on. I mean the first one directly after the held up call. Anyway, all awash now.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done Gordon, best team all season.

Deserved winners

There is a lot to be said about taking the points. Scrumming your way to victory rarely works

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Ed Craig was my MOTM. That is about all the good news from the Woodies camp. Our tight five held their own, but Gordon were all over us everywhere else on the field.

Congrats, Highlanders. Eerily similar start to the 1976 GF, but we were more competitive today than we were back then. Not by much, though!

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The left wrist injury to the Gordon hooker nearly cost them the game. It led to two crooked lineout throws and an inability to bind properly during that tense scrumathon on their own line.
Replaced soon after due to a rib injury both aspects of their game improved.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Should've been a penalty try to make it 15-14 with 15 left. Woods win from there.

The biggest difference between the two teams was that Gordon looked threatening in attack and we didn't. I reckon they would have won notwithstanding the rather strange procession of scrum penalties.

Nine Shape

Frank Row (1)
The biggest difference between the two teams was that Gordon looked threatening in attack and we didn't. I reckon they would have won notwithstanding the rather strange procession of scrum penalties.

Makes a huge difference when you have an experienced game manager like Iona. I thought young Edmed played well, happy that the 'Tahs have signed him, see him doing well at the higher level. Atmosphere at the Pubs on Darling St was fantastic, banter on the walk to Leichhardt and back was one of the highlights. Keep the GF in Tiger Town

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Now that the Shute Shield is complete and there is no NRC, would be great to do some sort of north vs south match. Feel like there should be more rugby played.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We used to have South Harbour v North Harbour. I wonder what the players would think about suiting up again?