• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It occurred to me that the big guy might read my post and be energised by it!! Talking of big wingers, I was always a bit sad that Fabian Goodall didn't get a chance.

Amazing performance by Nadolo. He was a sort of non-playing captain, strolled around in centre field watching his team score lots of tries.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
4503EF0F-060A-46E5-9B76-B7ABD2ED3F6C.jpeg

Gordon’s bubble has well and truly burst.

Are Randwick the favourites now?

pnut

Billy Sheehan (19)
Question with so many of the full time professionals back. Who out played there 3 day week after hours amateurs ?
watchinging uni v Randwick poolman certainly didn’t

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Well I reckon Uni wouldn’t mind having Tom Morrison at 15 with how he’s played all year but he’s in South Africa with the U20s.

You see the real difference when the older pros come back. Talakai was huge for Uni last year. So was Jack Deb for West Harbour. I’d Uni end up with Jake Gordon, Talakai it will be a problem for anyone.

pnut

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well I reckon Uni wouldn’t mind having Tom Morrison at 15 with how he’s played all year but he’s in South Africa with the U20s.

You see the real difference when the older pros come back. Talakai was huge for Uni last year. So was Jack Deb for West Harbour. I’d Uni end up with Jake Gordon, Talakai it will be a problem for anyone.
What about this round. Walton Wilson Harris poolman etc

pnut

Billy Sheehan (19)

Don’t forget poolman played every super round this year

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watched the 2B's v Woods a little while ago. Some filthy hands and offloads from the Two Blues today, especially in the second half. A very well deserved win for them.

pnut

Billy Sheehan (19)
Question with so many of the full time professionals back. Who out played there 3 day week after hours amateurs ?
watchinging uni v Randwick poolman certainly didn’t
Guess the answer is poor recruitment and talent I’d with the lack of answers

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Don’t forget poolman played every super round this year
True.

Teams pay a young talent to see if it works over a bloke in their mid/late 20s who will do probably the same job as the young player in that moment.

There’s just as much chance a guy like Poolman if he doesn’t show signs next year will be let go by the Force. Plenty of guys in Clubland over the years have had stints when young.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Probably right. That's huge for Uni if they get them all (some might be with Aus A?). Norths are very settled so if they don't get all those names it will be close. Poor 2nd Grades over the next few weeks...

Poor Manly. Got what 6 Super Rugby players and 5 of them are with the Wallabies/Aus A & rehab. Foketi, Porecki, Hooper, Hodge, Gleeson only Hunter Ward back with them. Settled team though. I see them getting run over towards the end of the year like last year.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Probably right. That's huge for Uni if they get them all (some might be with Aus A?). Norths are very settled so if they don't get all those names it will be close. Poor 2nd Grades over the next few weeks...

Poor Manly. Got what 6 Super Rugby players and 5 of them are with the Wallabies/Aus A & rehab. Foketi, Porecki, Hooper, Hodge, Gleeson only Hunter Ward back with them. Settled team though. I see them getting run over towards the end of the year like last year.
West Harbour over Easts - close game but Wests to just sneak in at home, they finally have a good 10. Easts, rambles.
Souths over Two Blues - Souths nothing to play for which can be dangerous, Two blues will continue inconsistent form and wont be able to back up last week
Hunter by a million vs Rats - home advantage, night time game, hunter have Louwrens from rebels, rats improving but wont happen

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wow, that's a great pick up for Hunter. Love it

Easts are too far out of the finals and wont get any of their U20s back for a couple of rounds. They have a problem with that because I reckon a lot of them like Bowen and Wilson will be with the Tahs a lot next year.

Pirates might have a bit of a run if they get Jack Deb back in the team. He seems to always turn out for them when available.

Two Blues still alive if they string together wins and this is a chance at a BP.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Wow, that's a great pick up for Hunter. Love it

Easts are too far out of the finals and wont get any of their U20s back for a couple of rounds. They have a problem with that because I reckon a lot of them like Bowen and Wilson will be with the Tahs a lot next year.

Pirates might have a bit of a run if they get Jack Deb back in the team. He seems to always turn out for them when available.

Two Blues still alive if they string together wins and this is a chance at a BP.
id be very surprised if easts dont have a new coach in 24. If theyre smart, theyll be going for the two blues coach. I think offseason will see a coaching merry go round.

That would be extremely good for wests if they do get him. They have quite good defence just no real attacking threat but if he was there with their 10 now, its a game changer and could upset a few teams in their final few games

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
West Harbour over Easts - close game but Wests to just sneak in at home, they finally have a good 10. Easts, rambles.
Souths over Two Blues - Souths nothing to play for which can be dangerous, Two blues will continue inconsistent form and wont be able to back up last week
Hunter by a million vs Rats - home advantage, night time game, hunter have Louwrens from rebels, rats improving but wont happen

looks like the rebels/wests(qpr) link has run its course if Louwrens is at Hunter & Orr at the pirates with a couple of others might be heading back to the SS

Top Bottom