• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Any predictions from people on games/season?

Norths v Uni is the game of the day for me. Just ahead of Eastwood v Easts.

Warringah a sneaky dark horse for me this year. Think Manly might struggle. Early season wins last year masked it.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Two Blues can make the finals.

End of last year the table was really condensed. Same goes for Hunter.

I feel like Southern and West Harbour might struggle the most. I also don’t think too much of Randwick

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The Beasts far too strong for the Woodies, but only just crawled over the line. Easts had territory and possession, but somehow the Woodies almost made it.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Great results. Norths looked sharp.

Anyone know who’s picked up coaching Gordon after Melrose resigned at the start of the week. Trouble at Chatswood?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
That Jude Gibbs from norths is something special. Seen him play for a few years and am curious as to whether he has been contacted by any super rugby clubs?

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Went to Rats Wicks - the game was a bit of a dirge in the heavy conditions. Wicks looked a bit fitter but Rats have size - very big front row with a new slab of Irish beef at 3.
Now that West Harbour and Parra seem to have sorted themselves out - going to be a cracking season.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Does anyone know what happened to Will Harrison today? Looked like a knee again for the poor bugger

Last edited:

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Never really watched a Shute shield game start to finish but I decided to yesterday… gee that Eastwood vs Manly was quite the spectacle, lead changes, referees cheese and heart break at the end.

think I’m going to be a wildfire fan… just need to see how they go when they leave the hunter region for their games.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Never really watched a Shute shield game start to finish but I decided to yesterday… gee that Eastwood vs Manly was quite the spectacle, lead changes, referees cheese and heart break at the end.

think I’m going to be a wildfire fan… just need to see how they go when they leave the hunter region for their games.
Don't think you're alone in supporting the Wildfires. Playing some good footy. With how close the season could turn out to be like the last couple of years if they win their home games and get a couple away wins, they will definitely put themselves in line for a finals spot.

Last edited:

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
First Marlins home game at the Village green vs Easts today. Sunshine, ladies day and a decent crowd should be a belter. Then ferry/tram ride to the tahs after. I love this time of year.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
First Marlins home game at the Village green vs Easts today. Sunshine, ladies day and a decent crowd should be a belter. Then ferry/tram ride to the tahs after. I love this time of year.
Could have a lot of quality points in this one. Easts without Wilson who’s on the Tahs bench. Always a great arvo at a Marlins game. Good 2nd & 3rd grades as well