• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2024

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
He'd have a few key ones surely with a target but probably the same ones Eastwood would want to keep.

I'd be surprised if Easts have a huge jump up the table. Improvement yes but it may be the year after they push right up there. Need time to bring in some other players, game plans and let Colts develop.

Hopefully they move away from signing every Aus U18s player that you never see after they're 20.
it will be interesting to see how they go. A big reason why their colts strength last year didnt translate as well into grade was due to european exodus.

with a lot of players taking the year off.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe eastwood have lost chris bell, metcalf, pincus, harry wilson, fabian goodall, to easts. wayland has gone somewhere, brown (prop) and tuilagi to warringah, barnes back to randwick, beckett back to uk, possibly borsak somewhere, icely to 7s,

however also heard theyve got the cheque book out to sign some NZ players, 2+ meter lock and a centre/wing who played most of the super rugby season for crusaders last year, plus many more signings!

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I believe eastwood have lost chris bell, metcalf, pincus, harry wilson, fabian goodall, to easts. wayland has gone somewhere, brown (prop) and tuilagi to warringah, barnes back to randwick, beckett back to uk, possibly borsak somewhere, icely to 7s,

however also heard theyve got the cheque book out to sign some NZ players, 2+ meter lock and a centre/wing who played most of the super rugby season for crusaders last year, plus many more signings!
And Houston ?

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
And Houston ?
havent heard anything about houston.
cooper whiteside another player eastwood have signed from qld

i think everyone saw the squad list that warringah put up on their socials with 30 odd new signings, before they took it down very quickly after they realised players hadnt told their clubs they had signed contracts

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)

I would expect to see some of last year's Colts in the first grade squad.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)

Sounds like a mass exodus. Not saying its untrue but can't understand why a centre/wing that "played most of the super rugby season for the Crusaders last year" would be chomping at the bit to come over here to sign with the Woods and play Shute Shield. It would want to be a VERY good cheque book!

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sounds like a mass exodus. Not saying its untrue but can't understand why a centre/wing that "played most of the super rugby season for the Crusaders last year" would be chomping at the bit to come over here to sign with the Woods and play Shute Shield. It would want to be a VERY good cheque book!
Maybe he looks good in blue and white??

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

How is Pincus? Had the shocker leg injury in the back end of the season didn't he?

Eastwood always seem to pick up/produce 1st graders and get to the finals. Number of strong Colts who could filter through. Is Biet back in Sydney or did the Brums keep him in Canberra? He'd be one that could play SS this season. They may still see Icely for parts on the year although the Olympic training could get in the way.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
How to win friends.
I hear Parramatta two blues have signed a player who had already signed with another club & been training with them since last year.

Last edited:

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Possibly, but then maybe not.
I did hear about this one. I heard parra signed 2 brothers, the 3rd brother was signed at wests. the two brothers were from overseas and then last minute decided to stay in sydney so went to parra as they played colts there a while ago and lived near the ground. then the 3rd brother from wests said he wanted to play with his brothers together and he reached out to parra coach to go over. and it all got a little messy from there. but he said if he isnt allowed to play with his brothers, then he will just quit rugby.

if your wests, you'll probably be a bit filthy, if your any other person in the world, they would say its more on the player and they get it.