• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2024

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Is there a Super A side that could win the Shute Shield???

If the SS side was able to select all players (including Super A players), and the game was played later in the season when the SS players have caught up in terms of conditioning and match readiness, maybe.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
If the SS side was able to select all players (including Super A players), and the game was played later in the season when the SS players have caught up in terms of conditioning and match readiness, maybe.

I'd actually like to see it tested out over the course of a full season. Have the Tahs A squad actually enter to compete in the Shute Shield alongside the clubs. Hell, if (more like when) Melbourne are disbanded as a means of keep in the pathway open an Melbourne rep/academy squad could also enter.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I'd actually like to see it tested out over the course of a full season. Have the Tahs A squad actually enter to compete in the Shute Shield alongside the clubs. Hell, if (more like when) Melbourne are disbanded as a means of keep in the pathway open an Melbourne rep/academy squad could also enter.
I don't think the top Shute Shield clubs would appreciate losing their Tahs squad talent for the whole season. They'd rather whinge about Super Rugby, all whilst the Tahs take the responsibility for training some of their best young talent.

Desmond

Stan Wickham (3)
Love the sound of that!! Tahs A would be battle hardened and game ready if called upon. Games would provide opportunity for Tahs coaches to see other players in shute shield at the same time. But i think they would prefer having these players wrapped in cotton wool.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
I am happy for him.

Agree. He has been through the wringer - much of it brought on by himself. I'm sure he still has talent to burn and it would be nice to see him knuckle down, play some local footy for a year or 2, and get on with a quiet life based around his family. He has some work to do to repair his image and that might be one way of doing it - hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.