• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_1112.jpeg
Apparently Uni v Norths was a belter? Anyone watch?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Sunday rugby at Forshaw!
This is later in the day after considerable pumping. Considerable flooding in the tennis courts this morning as well.

It's built next to a river, in a wetland.

No shock it's also a flood zone

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well done, you guys gave us a rugby lesson. Not going to be a good season for us.
I remember hearing that last season as well.
That first half you had us camped in our 22 for good periods, we had the stronger scrum and Woods errors in attack.
I will re-watch today.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I'm watching Southern Districts vs Warringah on live:
1000239298.jpg

Where's the crowd? On the television camera's grandstand?

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Rats vs Easts GF..... both teams looking the business.
Easts at home again this weekend coming, they should win that without too much pressure id imagine, rats vs eastwood, they will stroll that game and they'll both go 3 from 3 to start the season.
considering both terrible in 2023 - thats a superb start to 24

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Any idea why the Marlins front rower threw a few Bird fingers to the uni crowd on the non- grandstand end after the bell went? Had he been copping some chat during the game?

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Interested to know how T Wilson and Bowen went as the 9/10 combo for Easts on Saturday? I'm hoping for the Tahs future they showed some class and carved up.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Interested to know how T Wilson and Bowen went as the 9/10 combo for Easts on Saturday? I'm hoping for the Tahs future they showed some class and carved up.
Insanely good. Won the game for them. If they are playing shute all year. Easts will be hard to stop

I did see somewhere that Easts have like10 super rugby players available this weekend which is cool. Im really liking their set up from how they manage their players etc this year

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Insanely good. Won the game for them. If they are playing shute all year. Easts will be hard to stop

I did see somewhere that Easts have like10 super rugby players available this weekend which is cool. Im really liking their set up Bank Account from how they manage their players etc this year
Fixed.

They have done a great job in recruitment. Including the coach. Strong group of Colts as well looking at the lists.

Did I see Zane Marolt listed for their 2nd grade? He's not great but was a highly regarded kid coming through the Brumbies then the Tahs signed him. His name has been listed for the Brumby Runners recently as well.

If Will Harrison has a good rest of the year for the Tahs it will make the path for Bowen tricky although isn't a bad thing IMO to get a couple of full years into you at Grade. I'd like to see Harrison get the 10 jersey and bring Bowen in to develop and shuffle Edmed toward the back of the group. We know what he offers and does now. Serviceable at best.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Fixed.

They have done a great job in recruitment. Including the coach. Strong group of Colts as well looking at the lists.

Did I see Zane Marolt listed for their 2nd grade? He's not great but was a highly regarded kid coming through the Brumbies then the Tahs signed him. His name has been listed for the Brumby Runners recently as well.

If Will Harrison has a good rest of the year for the Tahs it will make the path for Bowen tricky although isn't a bad thing IMO to get a couple of full years into you at Grade. I'd like to see Harrison get the 10 jersey and bring Bowen in to develop and shuffle Edmed toward the back of the group. We know what he offers and does now. Serviceable at best.
They definitely have a very very very good bank balance. I feel for Parra on the weekend.