• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Two Blues are MASSIVE though. If they can get up for it they will give a youthful side a handful.

Bit like the Two Blues v Uni game at Uni last season. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Fixed.

They have done a great job in recruitment. Including the coach. Strong group of Colts as well looking at the lists.

Did I see Zane Marolt listed for their 2nd grade? He's not great but was a highly regarded kid coming through the Brumbies then the Tahs signed him. His name has been listed for the Brumby Runners recently as well.

If Will Harrison has a good rest of the year for the Tahs it will make the path for Bowen tricky although isn't a bad thing IMO to get a couple of full years into you at Grade. I'd like to see Harrison get the 10 jersey and bring Bowen in to develop and shuffle Edmed toward the back of the group. We know what he offers and does now. Serviceable at best.

Hear hear!!

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Two Blues are MASSIVE though. If they can get up for it they will give a youthful side a handful.

Bit like the Two Blues v Uni game at Uni last season. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
True, but zero professionals vs 10 professionals, 15 guys who have played super and most likely a full fresh bench, Easts 3rd home game in a row - they aint losing lol

Could be close for about 30 mins

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
True, but zero professionals vs 10 professionals, 15 guys who have played super and most likely a full fresh bench, Easts 3rd home game in a row - they aint losing lol

Could be close for about 30 mins
Two Blues will have a lot of support (from a distance, of course).

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Interested to know how T Wilson and Bowen went as the 9/10 combo for Easts on Saturday? I'm hoping for the Tahs future they showed some class and carved up.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Insanely good. Won the game for them. If they are playing shute all year. Easts will be hard to stop

I did see somewhere that Easts have like10 super rugby players available this weekend which is cool. Im really liking their set up from how they manage their players etc this year

10 is a bit of a scare tactic from someone

Heaven - Played most tahs games prob will be force rested
Gamble - Not a chance will be released
Ponini - you would think will play
Atamosero - Prob would be force rested
Grant - Might come off the bench
Holtz - Will be close to a return
Leota - Not a chance even if he was fit this week he would be released
Lancaster - Highly doubt will be released now is a starting winger
Jooste - Might come off the bench

so 1 or 2 & maybe a couple off the bench, come july though wow!

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Easts just need to make the finals which it looks like they will going on early season form. From that point they are likely to pick up 5-6 of them and then they are a problem.

If Lancaster doesn't end up in the Wallabies squad he's a huge chance for the Olympics still surely.

A couple may end up with gigs elsewhere which take them off their books.

I agree with Harry about staying in it for 30 mins. When you have guys who are FT footy players even if its academy level they just have the capacity to go for longer.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Something for the younger colts to aspire to - pathway to NSW Juniors XV that represents club rugby at the Australian Schools Rugby Championships.

Sydney U18 Boys Open Rep Trials.jpg

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
That could be quite a strong team, drawing from 3 different comps.. I like how they are including Subbies colts here. There could be 20 teams to pick from alone?

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)

Thats an impressive not available list, their available list isnt going to look to bad though - ponini, fergus lee warner, ted wilson, harry wilson, bowen, tuipulotu, grant - theres 7 professional players likely to play, if holtz and jooste make a cameo too, then there is 9 players. and im pretty sure the starting loosehead was brumbies, and the starting tight head is also waratahs capped. throw in a couple of GB 7s players. This team should walk through the competition.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Easts just need to make the finals which it looks like they will going on early season form. From that point they are likely to pick up 5-6 of them and then they are a problem.

If Lancaster doesn't end up in the Wallabies squad he's a huge chance for the Olympics still surely.

A couple may end up with gigs elsewhere which take them off their books.

I agree with Harry about staying in it for 30 mins. When you have guys who are FT footy players even if its academy level they just have the capacity to go for longer.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Thats an impressive not available list, their available list isnt going to look to bad though - ponini, fergus lee warner, ted wilson, harry wilson, bowen, tuipulotu, grant - theres 7 professional players likely to play, if holtz and jooste make a cameo too, then there is 9 players. and im pretty sure the starting loosehead was brumbies, and the starting tight head is also waratahs capped. throw in a couple of GB 7s players. This team should walk through the competition.

Where's he at? hasn't played club footy & not on the tahs inj list?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Atamosero has been playing 30 minutes, he should be getting more playing miles

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
Jeremy Williams and Will Harris from the force will probably come back as well

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Is there still a free to air Shute Shield game on a Saturday arvo? If so what channel because I feel like some footy!